Key Stage 2 English Tuition in East Riding of Yorkshire (including Bridlington and Beverley)
Other areas: Doncaster; Kingston upon Hull; North Lincolnshire; Ryedale; Scarborough; Selby; York; Online Key Stage 2 English Tuition
See Also: English; A-level English; Business English; Certificate of Advanced English (CAE); Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); English as a Foreign Language (EFL); GCSE English; Higher English; IELTS; Key Stage 1 English; Key Stage 3 English; University English
Tutors in East Riding of Yorkshire
|Maximising Potential||Beverley, HU17|
Tutors travelling to East Riding of Yorkshire
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Samantha Pettifer||Paddox, CV22|
|Yvonne Mason||Chirbury, SY15|
|Jessica Whitehead||Westminster, SW1|
|Mike Ford||Haggerston, N1|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Tim Strauss||Preston Park, BN1|
|Max Churcher||Alexandra Palace, N11|
|Emily Bliss||Kentish Town, N19|
|Rosemary Hector||Manor, BN15|
|Jeff Bragg||Sutton Central, SM1|
|Nicole O'Driscoll||Heaton, NE7|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Gabrielle Jourdan||Chalk Farm, NW1|
|Rachel deG||Earlsfield, SW17|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Helen Colley||Wanstead, E11|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|Mrs Bhatia||Gants Hill, IG5|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|English tutor Herne Hill||Dulwich Village, SE24|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Victoria Grigg||Stockwell, SW9|
|Kathryn Dalton||Birchills Leamore, WS3|
|Paul Latheron||Stoke Newington, N4|
|Bryan Dadson||Wimbledon Park, SW18|
|Claire Price||Highbury, N1|
|Robert Kiely||Leytonstone, E10|
|Linda de Klerk||Herne Hill, SE24|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
|Sarah Wiesendanger||Ash Vale, GU12|
|Joseph Alexander||Marylebone, W1|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||Blackheath, SE3|
|Hannah Knight||Harringay, N4|
|Alice Marshall||Earlsfield, SW17|
|Teresa Hoy||South Croydon, CR2|
|B sharma||Chelmsford, CM1|
|Liliane||Bounds Green, N11|
|Janito||Central Stockport, SK6|
|Anthony B||Ruislip Manor, HA4|
|Janette Sedgebeer||Sydenham, SE26|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, N14|
|richardg||North Richmond, TW10|
|Keith Wilmot||Kings Norton, B31|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton, DE15|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||River, ME1|
|Llinos Williams||Kingswood, KT20|
|Stephen Leatherdale||Birch and Winstree, CM9|
|Catherine Wright||Preston Park, BN1|
|Mrs Thanvi||Snaresbrook, E18|
|Julie Roberts||Efford and Lipson, PL3|
|Ben Noakes||Central Brighton, BN2|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, E3|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green, N22|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|Dr Anna Watson||Avenue, HU5|
|Abigail Williams||Archway, N15|
|Sara Marks||Moortown, LS17|
|Seval (Miss)||Stoke Newington, E5|
|Edmund Lovatt||Carfax, OX1|
|Mandy Lall||Singlewell, DA12|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Arnos Grove, N12|
|Anisha Thomas||Earl's Court, W85|
|Helen Skarpari||Blackheath, SE3|
|Danya||Notting Hill, W2|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Alex Wingfield||Highbury, N16|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Sofia Ruge||Sydenham Hill, SE22|
|Sara Sewell||Paddox, CV22|
|Pauline Midwinter||Beccles, NR34|
|Helen Duff||Clapton, N16|
|Mary Thompson||Streatham, SW16|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 English
- Personal Message
- I am an inspiring and energetic Tutor and have a wide range of classroom and one to one teaching experience.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My main subjects are English and Mathematics, as well as entrance test preparation subjects and Sociology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Hons Degree in Social Studies and a PGCE in Primary Education
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a fully qualified and experienced Teacher who can adapt my expertise to a variety of learning situations.
As an English and Mathematics Tutor, I have supported a significant number of students from primary to undergraduate level.
By focussing on establishing a positive relationship with each student, my tutees either achieve or exceed their learning targets.
I am experienced at preparing students for exams, including SATs, GCSEs, IELTs and entrance tests as well as intensive short-term revision work to prepare students for a
particular exam such as resits.
I have also supported many students whose second language is English, who may be seeking to improve their communication skills within their workplace or preparing
for school exams, and successfully prepared many adult learners for the QTS skills tests in Literacy and Numeracy, as well as IELTS and iGCSEs.
I also offer a proofreading service to under-graduate and post-graduate students who are studying a variety of subjects from Business Management to Chemistry.
Here are a few of the comments that have been made by some of my students:
After a short period of intensive GCSE Maths revision, Mr Brown commented, "Great tuition, made a big difference to my son's exam results."
Mr Jones, an adult learner, who was preparing for a Literacy Skills Test in the Armed Forces, commented that, following a course of tuition in Literacy skills, he "now
feels more confident in writing, spelling and grammar" and that "communication via email and telephone was excellent".
Mrs Barker has also recommended Tina, stating that "Tina has achieved excellent results for our daughter in GCSE English" and that she is "personable and has high
Mrs Smith claimed that her 7 year old son, Josh, "has gained in confidence and ability since receiving tuition. He has enjoyed his sessions and has felt more able to tackle
- How much do you charge?
- My hourly fees start at £35.00 for Key Stages 1 and 2, £37.00 for Key Stage 3, £39.00 for GCSE level, £42.00 for tuition at 'A' level and £44.00 for undergraduates.
If tuition takes place at your premises and you live within a 5 mile radius, there are no extra charges. If my journey exceeds this distance, however, an additional amount of
around £5.00 will be added to the fee.
I offer a 5 % discount for online tuition and also 10% for block bookings of ten lessons. The hourly fee is reduced to £25.00 per person for tuition of two or more students,
- Where do you teach?
- I offer tuition at both my premises and at students' homes within Hull and the East Riding, including Beverley, Brough, South Cave, Driffield, Cottingham, Hessle etc
- When are you available?
- I am available during weekdays from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm and during school holidays, if required.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and ability levels, including Key Stages 1, 2, 3, GCSE and 'A' level, along with adult learners to Level 3.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, iGCSE, IELTS, 'A' level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- National Union of Teachers
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Manchester Polytechnic, Didsbury School of Education
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently supporting an 11 year old boy who has recently moved to England from his home in Thailand. After only a few lessons, he is beginning to become a confident
and proficient speaker and listener and his writing is also becoming more clear and fluent.
Another pupil is in Year 5 and I have been supporting her for the past year. She began with a very low confidence level in her own abilities, both in Maths and English.
She has made very good progress and is now able to solve a variety of problems mentally and also enjoys solving everyday problems at home.
Send a message to Maximising Potential
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more