Key Stage 2 English Tuition in East Riding of Yorkshire (including Bridlington and Beverley)
Tutors travelling to East Riding of Yorkshire
- Charles Wordsworth Whitby, YO22
Interested in online tuition for Key Stage 2 English?Online Key Stage 2 English Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 English
- Personal Message
- I provide individual specialist tuition for children who require support for dyslexia and / or dyscalculia. I provide a caring, positive, holistic approach using tried and tested multi-sensory methods.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach reading, spelling, handwriting, mathematics, memory skills and touch typing.
I am an experienced tutor of young children who have traits of or a diagnosis of dyslexia or dyscalculia and who are struggling to keep up with the classroom environment.
I am happy to liaise with speech therapists and will provide "play based" sessions for young children, as well as education for "home educated" children.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I qualified from Liverpool University in 1981 and have completed further qualifications to teach children with Specific Learning Difficulties. I gained a Diploma from Hornsby in SpLD in 2004 and have AMBDA status in addition to an Assessment Practising Certificate which enables me to assess individuals for dyslexia and the Disability Students' Allowance.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am an experienced teacher of 34 years of children aged nursery to Year 7. I have taught in a variety of local authority and independent schools in addition to providing individual tutoring for the last five years. I am committed to extending my personal qualifications and regularly attend professional development training. I possess an enhanced DBS and have professional indemnity and public liability insurance. I have completed a risk assessment for my personal teaching room and have completed courses on Safeguarding , First Aid Essentials and Data Protection.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer lessons of 45 minutes at £30, or for younger children 30 minutes at £20.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in my own family home, within a light, bright well-resourced teaching room. Children currently travel from Beverley and South Cave, the villages of North Ferriby and the western suburbs of Hull such as Anlaby and Kirk Ella.
- When are you available?
- I am available after school on selected weekday evenings, before school and during some morning sessions on selected days. Please contact me for availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I offer individual teaching sessions for children aged 6 - 12 years.
In addition I am happy to offer some sessions for pre-school children requiring help with speech and language development with parents present.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Whilst I do not particularly prepare pupils for specific qualifications, I find that parents frequently contact me as their child prepares for, or has completed Key Stage assessments. Secure foundations of literacy and numeracy are vital for children to develop key skills with confidence.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I possess an enhanced DBS ( Disclosure and Barring Service).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the BDA (British Dyslexia Association), PATOSS (The Professional Association of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties) and the Dyspraxia Foundation.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My teaching qualification was from S. Katharine's College, University of Liverpool.
My training for specific learning difficulties (dyslexia) was with Hornsby which merged with the Dyslexia Institute to become Dyslexia Action.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently teach pupils aged 6 - 11 years with varying degrees of dyslexia. Some also have attention deficit difficulties.
I also teach pupils requiring help with maths, this may be because of dyslexia, weak short - term memory or dyscalculia.
My website www.topdogtutoring.co.uk provides recent testimonials.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am committed to providing a safe, caring, positive, holistic approach to individual tuition using a range of tried and tested multi-sensory teaching programmes and techniques in order to raise self - esteem and build confidence.
Send a message to Sue Lyon
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more