Online Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition
See Also: Show
- Michael Drayton Chislehurst, BR7
- Nasia Plaistow, E6
- Teresa Hoy South Croydon, CR2
- Louisa Gray Isleworth, TW7
- Geek School Ltd Bromley, BR1
- Mrs Thanvi South Woodford, E18
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- Oliver J. Beckett Wood Green, N22
- Kathryn Dalton Birchills Leamore, WS3
- Helen Duff Clapton, N16
- Mrs. Preeti Baviskar North Finchley, N12
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Alexandra Beeley East Dulwich, SE22
- B sharma Chelmsford, CM1
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Steve Roberts Pontnewydd, NP44
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Nigel Singh Frognal, NW3
- Monica Janssens Rye, TN36
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Surita Reading, RG4
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Mr Banks Hitchin, SG4
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Kenny Olowu Catford, SE6
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Mike Dowling Harling, IP22
- Mr Dalton Stonnall, WS9
- Stefan Gugura Ipswich, IP4
- Guillaume Fulham, SW6
- Charles Wordsworth Whitby, YO22
- Mrs Rehana Goodmayes, IG3
- Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor Blackheath, SE3
- J Preece Ravenscourt Park, W4
- Tamara Galloway Orpington, BR6
- Brian Cairnie Otford and Shoreham, TN14
- Tonya Central Hereford, HR1
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- David Wells Cricklewood, NW2
- Natasha Tiwari Fulham, SW6
- Miss Olubi Ealing Broadway, W5
- Abi Mogul Perivale, HA0
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Mike Chick Whipton & Barton, EX4
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Amir Hussain Bermondsey, SE1
- Mike Ford Haggerston, N1
- Paul McGrath Surbiton, KT6
- Adrian Beckett Muswell Hill, N10
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Tiffani Vinyard Hemel Hempstead, HP2
- LLOYD WILLIAMS Danesborough, MK7
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Alexandra Charalamb Enfield, EN1
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Mandy Ladher Singlewell, DA12
- MohanGrewal Ettingshall, WV4
- Gillian Crimp Tiverton, EX16
- Joanne Leach Southgate, N14
- Amy Yuan LRAM Gloucester Road, SW7
- Trish Almlof Wimbledon, SW20
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Mr Dhir MathsTeacher Hayes, UB4
- Bryan Dadson Wimbledon Park, SW18
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 Maths
- Personal Message
- I believe that every child's natural state is to love learning and I see it as my job and personal mission to create that experience for all of my students. This involves overcoming any blocks that might hold a student back in their learning.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor on Skype or FaceTime, from my home. Work is scanned through to me and marked.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English, Maths, Verbal Reasoning, Non Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and where needed Science or French to Entrance Exam students at 7+, 8+, 9+, 10+, 11+ and 13+. I run intensive 7+ and 11+ revision courses at key points in the academic year and offer one to one exam technique and interview coaching. I offer creative writing courses for children between the ages of 7-11years old.
I have worked for shorter periods very successfully with 4+ students, to help familiarise them with the expectations of the assessment.
I also tutor KS3 and GCSE students in the core subjects, with a particular focus on coaching them in study skills, personal motivation and revision techniques.
I am a coach and have worked very successfully with parents who are looking for some guidance on how to get the best out of their children.
Finally I coach students for university entrance interviews.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Hons and MA in Jurisprudence from University College, Oxford University.
I am a qualified solicitor.
I am an experienced coach having worked with a range of issues but most recently focusing on helping parents.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over the last 6 years I have worked as a full time tutor with between 15 and 30 children per week. This is exclusively one to one, face to face tuition and I have focused particularly on entrance exam candidates and GCSE students.
I have successfully coached children for entrance exams to: JAPS, Alleyn's Junior and Senior School, Sydenham High, Dulwich College Junior and Senior School, Dulwich Prep, City of London School for Boys, Westminster, Colet Court, Eton, Rosemead, St. Paul's, City of London School for Girls, JAGS, Bromley High School, Old Palace, Streatham and Clapham High School, Frensham Heights, Christ's Hospital, University College, Graveney, Wallington, WIlson's, Kings College Junior an Senior School, Whitgift, Oakfield Prep, Blackheath High School, St Dunstan's, Colfe's, Bromley High, Royal Russell and Bishop Challoner School, Watford Grammar, Berkhampstead School.
To date, 100% of my 11+ and 13+ entrance exam students have been successful, with many being awarded multiple offers and a small number being awarded academic scholarships.
Over 90% of my 7+ students have been successful at the examination stage, however my success rate is based on working with young children for at least a year.
I have worked with GCSE students who have been predicted D and E grades, and have gone on to achieve A and A* grades in the same subjects. I have also had extensive experience of helping dyslexic children with English, both at primary level for SATS and at GCSE, such that they were then able to pursue essay based A-level subjects.
I offer academic and developmental assessments, depending on the goals for each student, with feedback reports and follow up conversations with parents. These are designed to identify your child's individual needs and learning style, as well as how I can add value and make a difference through highly tailored tuition or coaching.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £60 per hour for one to one tuition, £125 for an academic assessment and feedback report and £165 for a developmental assessment and feedback report.
I charge £195 for a mock entrance exam assessment plus feedback report.
I run intensive courses for small groups that run for between 2 and 5 days and which range in price, please contact me for details.
- Where do you teach?
- I live and work in East Dulwich, South East London. I tutor from my home. I am generally too booked up with work to be able to travel anymore, so my students come to me.
- When are you available?
- I operate a waiting list and am currently completely booked up with entrance exam students. I have a window of a few weeks between January and February each year where I may have a few spare slots after the entrance exams are complete and I have contacted everyone on the waiting list. It is definitely worth getting in touch with plenty of time in case I have an opening but I can never take on last minute students in November and December for January exams.
I tutor Monday- Friday between 9am-7pm and occasionally have a weekend slot available.
Most of my courses take place during half terms and holidays, please contact me for details.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tend to start working with 7+ students during their Reception year, or at the start of Year 1 at the latest. I recommend between 15 months to 2 years of tuition in preparation for any entrance exams, depending on the level of the student. This allows the process to be fun and enjoyable without too much pressure on the student. Of course particularly bright students who are already working at 2-3years ahead of the national curriculum will need less time than this, but I would recommend getting in touch with me early both to be able to get an assessment of your child's levels, a recommended plan for tuition including when to start, and to get on the waiting list if you would like me to tutor your child.
I teach throughout KS1 and KS2 for entrance exams, as well as helping primary school students who are behind their targets or who need stimulating beyond the national curriculum.
I work with KS3 students either for ongoing support in a particular subject, or for 13+ preparation.
I tutor GCSE students, usually for the whole of year 10 and 11, but can also step in to provide intensive support on study skills, revision planning and exam techniques.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Entrance Exams to Independent and Grammar Schools at 7+ through to 11+ and 13+, including interviews
GCSEs and IGCSEs
University Interview preparation
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am the founder of Knowledge Seekers, an East Dulwich based London Tuition Company, and we are a Founder Member of The Tutors' Association.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Here is some feedback about a recent 11+ student of mine:
"As a client of Alexandra's, I was delighted with the service I received from start to finish. Right from Alexandra's detailed and insightful feedback from the developmental assessment, she recommended that I start early to avoid putting my son under too much pressure and to ensure he made steady progress over time. I appreciated her suggestion that my son did the 11+ intensive course over the summer before year 6, as this made a big difference to both his exam technique and the scores he was getting in the practice papers. Careful observation of my son's performance during the course, led her to recommend some additional exam skills training and a focus on his creative writing skills and English comprehension. I feel that everything he needed to pass his exams was taken care of by the services that Alexandra offered, including interview skills training, once he got through the entrance exam stage. We ended up in the fortunate position of being able to chose between 2 top independent schools and my son is now in year 7 and thriving in a wonderful school. I can't recommend Alexandra enough. Her experience, knowledge, intuitive and caring approach gave me confidence that we were in great hands all the way through." - Alison G.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- You can do whatever you set your mind to. The more fun you have along the way the easier it will be. You have your own way of looking at the world and I'm here to empower you to use all your unique strengths to help you learn. I want to know what you're passionate about and what you enjoy so that I can make your lessons interesting and relevant to you.
Anyone can learn anything as long as it is communicated in the right way and at the right pace. My job is to help you enjoy the process of learning and look forward to stretching yourself and being challenged.
I'm here to champion you to succeed and the work we do together will leave you feeling happy and confident in your own ability.
Send a message to Alexandra Beeley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more