Key Stage 3 English Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
Nearby Tuition Centres
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Graham Richardson Downham, BR1
- Mr Godwin Caterham, CR3
- Jon Lynes Thornton Heath, CR7
- Cordelia O'Neill London Bridge, SE1
- Somalia Seaton Downham, SE6
- Bianca Bailey Wilson Lewisham, SE13
- Mischa Foster Poole East Dulwich, SE15
- Nuala Hurst Marshall Burgess Park, SE17
- Alexandra Beeley East Dulwich, SE22
- Sofia Ruge Sydenham Hill, SE22
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Alex Chloe Clapham North, SW4
- Fiona Hamilton Oval, SW8
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
Interested in online tuition for Key Stage 3 English?Online Key Stage 3 English Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 3 English
- Personal Message
- I’m very interested in English, Latin, History, Maths and Statistics and I love communicating my knowledge to you!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English, Latin and Statistics at all levels, and History and Maths up to GCSE.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- After A-Levels in English Literature, History and Maths with Statistics, I went to the University of Manchester. There I did a BA (Hons) degree in English Language and Latin, for which I achieved a II.1, and a first in the dissertation.
I then returned much closer to home to get an MSc (Conversion) in Computer Science from the University of Kent at Canterbury.
Continuing my tour of the UK (!) I obtained an MSc (Two Year) in Social Statistics from the University of Southampton.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I was an English as a Foreign Language teacher, mostly for the Centre Laïque du Tourisme Culturel, in spring and summer for 11 years.
I tutored several friends’ children in Maths and English for many years; I took on tutoring as my main job just over a year ago. Since then I’ve also given one-to-one lessons in History, Latin, University level Statistics, and 11-Plus Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning.
I’m currently tutoring three University students in Statistics and essay planning.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30.00 an hour for A-Level or University English, Essay Writing and Proofreading. Discounts may be available for this depending on your circumstances.
For everything else I charge £20 an hour. Discounts may also be given for lessons longer than one hour, children who have their lessons consecutively, or group lessons.
I ask you to cover the cost of my travel to you and back by public transport, but I don’t charge for my travelling time.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach you in the comfort of your own home. I teach in Green Street Green, where I live, Orpington, Chelsfield, Farnborough (Kent), Bromley, Keston, Knockholt, Dunton Green, Beckenham, central Grove Park, central Sevenoaks, Hither Green and Central London.
I’m willing to travel up to 30 miles away, provided that the place is easily reached by public transport.
- When are you available?
- Although I do teach on evenings throughout the week, these slots tend to get very booked up. I also teach during weekdays, and at weekends during the days and evenings.
Term time and school holidays are possible, if they’re not already booked up.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I’ve taught many GCSE and 11+ pupils. Currently my youngest pupil is eight, but I’m also tutoring three adult University students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for KS2, KS3, 11 plus, GCSE and degrees. I’m also able to prepare them for A-Levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up-to-date CRB disclosure certificate, which I need as I’m a registered children’s chaperone with London Borough of Bromley Education Department.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For online tutoring, I’ve a Virgin Media Broadband connection, and a computer with a 20” screen, speakers and a microphone.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I’m tutoring Statistics to two adult students on the Occupational Therapy course at Canterbury Christchurch University, and another student at Vet School.
Send a message to Tamara Galloway
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more