Latin Tuition in Sutton (Carshalton, Wallington, Cheam, Beddington, Rose Hill)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Sutton
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Sutton
- Edmund Lovatt Carfax, OX1
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Clemmie Pimlico, SW1V
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- T Blaukopf Hendon, NW4
- Anthony B Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Roisin Therese Central Edinburgh, EH3
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Dr Julian King Belmont, BT18
- Sue Henton Melton Mowbray, LE14
- Sue Smith Swallowfield, RG7
- Domenico Gioffré West Brompton, SW6
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- Daniela Gottardello Hampstead Garden Sub, NW11
- Stephen F. Smith Broadstone, BH21
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
- Gayle Smith Tolworth, KT6
- Joe Hytner West Hampstead, NW6
- Ed Martineau Farringdon, WC2
- Tamara Galloway Orpington, BR6
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Latin
- Personal Message
- I'm passionate about teaching and languages. I have learnt many myself at school (Italian, Spanish, German, Latin and English), so I know what it's like to be the learner. I'm patient, friendly and approachable & think that no question is stupid.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French, Beginner Spanish and Latin & modern Greek.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- English Degree, MA in Bilingual Translation (Westminster University).
Teacher's qualification, I did my teacher training with CILT in 2000-01.
A levels in English, French, Spanish, German, philosophy, maths, history (French baccalaureate)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- A lot: I started teaching English in France as a teenager (it was my favourite subject). In 1997, I arrived in England and have been teaching ever since: in secondary schools, teachign GCSE, iGCSE, A level (6 years), tuition agencies (11 years) and the FCO School of Languages for 2 years. I've taught students from 4 to 80 years old. Beginners to Advanced level. I've given intensive tuition to business excecutives and diplomats, but also families relocating to France, Belgium or Africa.
When I taught in East London secondary schools, I have taught pupils with special needs and learning difficulties.
- How much do you charge?
- Free consultation by phone or email beforehand.
£40/hour for 1 to 1 tuition, 10 hours for £370 and 20 hours for £730.
£45/hour for 2 to 1
£50/hour for 3 to 1
£55/hour for 4+
Travel included. Please send me an email if you need the corporate prices (this is if it's your company paying for the lessons).
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in the student's home or office. Can travel up to 15 miles. Beckenham, Bromley, Croydon, Chislehurst, East Dulwich, Sydenham, Forest Hill, City, London, Bank, Liverpool Street, Aldgate, Barbican, St Paul's, Holborn, Ilford, Wanstead, Leytonstone, South Woodford, Loughton, Chigwell, Wimbledon, Clapham, Richmond, Putney, South Kensington, Chelsea, Holland Park, Hampstead, London Bridge, Ealing, Green Park, Islington, Buckhurst Hill.
- When are you available?
- Week days and weekends. From 8am till 8pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 4 years old to seniors.
Beginners to very advanced.
False beginners - people who lack confidence, who don't like grammar or who find it very difficult to get to speak another language despite understanding texts really well.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, iGCSE, A level, Degree level French, DELF, professional exams like IOL qualifications or MA in translation. I also help present and future language teachers who need a boost for their French teaching in September.
I can help with translation and interpreting exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I only do online tutoring with very reliable people and prefer doing this with intermediate or advanced students if possible.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Institute of Linguists (IOL), French Chamber of Commerce, The Croydon Chamber of Commerce.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- CILT for my teaching qualification.
University of Westminster for my Translation MA.
The IOL for my DPSI interlocutor and examiner training.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach Year 8, 9, 10 and 11 students, 3 A level students, musicians, actors and retired people in Bromley and Beckenham and bankers, sollicitors and insurance excecutives in the City.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Everything is possible. I think that not everyone learns the same way, so I try to adapt to the students. I will ask you what your aim is and will do my best for you to achieve it. You need to be ready to put some work in. I will teach you the essentials and will provide tips and advice on many aspects of French and how to access French culture, if it is something you're interested in.
Send a message to Sophie Marette
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more