Latin Tuition in Sutton (Carshalton, Wallington, Cheam, Beddington, Rose Hill)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Sutton
- Sorry no tutors found
Interested in online tuition for Latin?Online Latin Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Latin
- Personal Message
- The most important thing is for us to work together. I will always put in a lot of time to preparing your lessons and materials. As long as you are focussed on success too, there is no reason we can't achieve that.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English, Latin, Religious Studies, Ancient Greek, and Classical Civilisation
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have A levels in Greek, Latin, Ancient History. I am a Graduate in Theology of Oxford University, where I also studied Latin and Greek. I have a PGCE in Religious Studies and Classics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught English, Latin, Classical Civilisation and Religious Studies to GCSE and A level in secondary schools for over 30 years. My main English experience is at GCSE where I was a curriculum leader. I was also responsible for Classics in my last school. Since retiring early I have resumed teaching Latin and Ancient Greek.
- How much do you charge?
- My normal fee is £35 per hour. There would be an extra fee for further travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I am willing to travel virtually anywhere in Greater London, if there are good travel links. I also travel to parts of Surrey.
- When are you available?
- I am very flexible regarding hours. I do have commitments for my own studies and interests but fortunately I can teach during the day time too. Often that is better because we are fresher then, if possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- My students are normally of secondary age, 11-18, but I am willing to teach younger students and mature students are also welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, IGCSE, A Level
Common Entrance and Scholarship exams
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have two.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have just started to use Skype to teach a student in another time zone. I far prefer being in the same room as my student but would consider on-line.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I took my PGCE at St Martin's College, Lancaster. I have done a wide variety of INSET during my career. I continue to brush up my classical languages by reading and attendance at Advanced courses as well as Refresher days provided by ARLT.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- This year I am tutoring a student who wants to sit Common Entrance Scholarship exams in Latin and Ancient Greek. I have two GCSE Latin Students, one at a local comprehensive school, another continuing with Latin despite his school not offering lessons. I teach a number of younger, home educated students beginners' Latin, both traditional and modern courses. My youngest Latin student is 8 years old. I also currently tutor several Year 10/11students in English and English Literature.
Send a message to Reg Williams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more