Online Recorder Teachers / Recorder Lessons
- Raymond Hearne Snaresbrook, E11
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Adam Harvey Lockleaze, BS5
- Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor Hanover, BN2
- Sami Taylor Turnpike Lane, N15
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons) Cambridge, CB1
- Musicplus Caddington, LU1
- Matt Mockford Caerau, CF5
- Jemma Freestone Camberwell, SE5
- Zinajda Kodrič Streatham, SW2
- Sabina Heywood Greenwich, SE13
- Joann Kerrigan Astley Mosley Common, M28
- Udita Everett Central Brighton, BN1
- Aisling Maguire Didsbury, M20
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Recorder
- Personal Message
- A highly experienced and creative tutor, I enjoy teaching all levels & abilities & pride myself on tailoring each lesson to my student's individual needs. Whether you wish to take graded examinations or just play for fun, feel free to get in touch!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to tutor via email and/ or skype. Fees are negotiable.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Flute (main), Piano, Recorder, Theory and aural.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have recently completed a Masters in Orchestral Artistry (in association with the LSO) at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, previously gaining a first class BMus (hons) from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I also have an ABRSM Teaching Diploma and an A grade in A-level Music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have nine years private teaching experience from ages 4-60 and from beginner to grade 8 standard. I am also a Peripatetic Woodwind Tutor at Allfarthing Primary School in Wandsworth and I have taught at the junior department of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff. I have previously volunteered at Making Music Changing Lives, a program designed to help young, disadvantaged children in Ely, Cardiff by teaching them a musical instrument.
I also have lots of performing experience, playing professionally with orchestras including the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Orchestra of the Welsh National Opera, British Sinfonietta and the Little Chamber Orchestra.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour and £20 for half an hour lessons. I also offer a consultation lesson for £10 and discounts per student for group lessons. There may also be a small charge for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my student's home, depending on the distance, travel costs may apply.
- When are you available?
- I am available most evenings and weekends and am extremely flexible. I am also willing to teach in the summer holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and all abilities! I have experience working with ages 6-60 and from complete beginners to conservatoire level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have prepared students for both ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall examinations including medal tests. Whilst these exams are great for marking your progress and encouraging practice, I understand that they aren't for everyone and am happy to devise individual plans for those who do not desire to take them.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Mmus Orchestral Artistry (in association with the LSO) Guildhall School of Music and Drama (2013-2014)
Sarah Newbold, Philippa Davies and Ian Clarke
BMus (hons) 1st Class. Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama (2009-2013)
Jonathan Burgess, Sarah Newbold, Barbara Brown.
Also taught by Lisa Nelsen and Kathryn Cartwright.
Send a message to Jemma Freestone
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more