Online Recorder Teachers / Recorder Lessons
|Udita Everett||Central Brighton, BN1|
|Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor||Hanover, BN2|
|Adam Harvey||Lockleaze, BS5|
|Ceri Williams||Romsey, CB1|
|Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons)||Cambridge, CB1|
|Matt Mockford||Caerau, CF5|
|Raymond Hearne||Snaresbrook, E11|
|Kylie Nesbit||Stratford, E15|
|Kalia Baklitzanaki||Highams Park, E17|
|Kat Browning Music||Caernarfon, LL55|
|Joann Kerrigan||Astley Mosley Common, M28|
|Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Natalie Watson||Wembley Central, NW10|
|Jemma Freestone||Stockwell, SE5|
|Stephanie Tepper||Barnes, SW13|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth Common, SW18|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Recorder
- Personal Message
- There's a reason he called it 'The Magic Flute!' It is an instrument that can take you on a wonderful journey and a companion in life like no other!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach flute, recorders, bansuri, whistle, chamber music and music theory. Whether you are preparing for an exam or are just learning for fun I can help to guide you through the repertoire.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Royal Conservatory of Music, Ljubljana, Slovenia - Grade 10 flute performance
Masters of Music in Flute Performance, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia I have won several first prizes (as a soloist and in chamber music) both in regional and national competitions in Slovenia and Yugoslavia. I have performed all over Europe (Austria, Germany, UK, Croatia, Greece, Italy) and continue to perform to this day.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a breadth of experience, stemming originally from a traditional classical background. I have studied the flute for 31 years and thoroughly enjoy both playing and teaching. I write songs, play flute and tour with my band, BLISS ART: www.reverbnation.com/blissart
Since 1998 I have been teaching both privately and in Music Schools in Slovenia where I was the Manager of the woodwind department in Ribnica Music School and Franc Sturm, Ljubljana.
I have successfully helped pupils to prepare for ABRSM and Trinity Exams up to grade 8. In addition, I have worked with pupils to pass the exams required for entry into music conservatoires. A number of my pupils have gone on to be accepted into master classes and also been successful in regional and national competitions (solo and chamber music) and been invited to play at Chamber and Classical music festivals.
I work with pupils of different ages, abilities, backgrounds and needs, including students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia and Asperger's syndrome. I work for Brighton & Hove Music & Arts Service, teaching in several schools across the county, delivering small group and 121 tuition as well as their sound makers programme. This involves introducing young children into the world of music using a variety of instruments including Djembe, keyboards, guitars, flutes and voice. The children have the opportunity to compose and perform their own pieces.
I give my students unique flute lessons, tailored to their needs and dreams!
I use a creative, flexible and lively approach to teaching and believe that a positive teaching process full of playfulness, encouragement and inspiration are essential to love the music that you make.
I can help you with performance skills, motivation, improvisation and music theory. I would love to join you on your musical journey discovering your yet unfolded talents.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour, or £15 for half an hour. I can also offer a half price introductory lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach at my home in Brighton but can also teach at the pupils home. Locations I teach in include: Patcham, Rottingdean, Hove, Portslade, Shoreham-by-Sea and Hollingbury.
- When are you available?
- I am available mornings, afternoons/evenings and weekends. I aim to find a regular time for each student which is convenient for them. I also teach during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for ABRSM or Trinity Guildhall exams (Grade 1-8). I also prepare students for entrance exams for university or music college. If there are any other examinations you wish to work towards, I am happy to work with you to prepare for these.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use skype for online tutoring.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at the Music Academy of Ljubljana, Slovenia and trained with Slovenia’s most highly regarded flute tutors, the amazing Professors Fedja Rupel and Karolina Santl Zupan. I did master classes with Professor Matej Zupan (Slovenia), Professor David Nicholson (UK), Professor Barbara Gisler Haase (Austria), Professor Benoit Fromanger (France) to name a few.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a wonderfully enthusiastic 9 year old flute student We play lots of musical games and have fun whilst learning! He is keen on improvising and experimenting with sound. At the moment we are composing his version of “Lord of the Rings”. His mum recently said 'you're an excellent teacher who has the skill to keep him motivated. He has a very short term concentration span but loves his lessons with you'
I am also currently teaching an extremely gifted and talented pupil who is working towards her grade 6. She finds practicing scales particularly challenging so I see it as my role to help her through the process and to break down the exercises into manageable parts, inventing some games to make it fun and keep her motivated. She says 'I hate scales and sometimes find them boring but I like the games that we play so that I can learn them more easily. It has helped me to play the more complex pieces and it doesn't feel so much like work. I enjoy my lessons with Jana a lot'.
The mother of one of my pupils travels a lot and was away for 3 months. She recently returned and said that she was amazed at the progress that her daughter had made. She said that prior to her departure, her daughter was playing a few odd notes on the flute but that within 3 months she was playing actual songs and finally making a really nice sound with her flute!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning the flute can be so much fun! In my lessons you'll have the chance to explore different styles of music ranging from pop to classical pieces and also to play duets and have a go at composing! If you are working towards exams I'll guide you along the pathway of success. Overall, I want my students to enjoy learning and to have wonderful memories of their music making days.
Send a message to Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more