Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
- Rachel Taverner BMus(Hons)LRSM Central Manchester, M4
- Pedro Silva St. Pancras, NW1
- Stamatia Statherou Boughton, CT2
- Tim Doyle Archway, N15
- Gregory Emfietzis Mortlake and Barnes, SW14
- Ben Mallinder Compton, SO22
- Andrew Nesbitt Stretford, M32
- Nicholas Moroz Shepherd's Bush, W12
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Charlotte Botterill Park Street, AL2
- Tim Maryon Regent's Park, NW1
- Jane Salmon Shoreditch, EC1V
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Ralph Wyld Amersham, HP7
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- AL Hodgson Weybridge, KT13
- Jack Bennett Sevenoaks, TN14
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- Hello! I am currently studying at the Royal College of Music in London for a Masters of Music in Composition, from 2014-16. I live in West London and enjoy teaching a variety of music subjects to students, both young and adult.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am very happy to tutor online for the appropriate subjects, which I believe can only be theory i.e. non-instrumental, subjects, therefore I am happy to teach the following subjects over Skype: Composition (including theory, orchestration/arrangement and history), Sibelius Notation Software, ABRSM Music Theory, GSCE and A-level Music.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Composition (including orchestration/arrangement, theory, history)
Music theory (ABRSM Grades)
Piano (classical and popular genres)
Sibelius notation software
Music history (especially twentieth century)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Royal College of Music 2010-14: Bachelors of Music (Honours), First Class (principal study composition)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught private tuition throughout my undergraduate degree to students as young as seven to adults. I teach a variety of subjects ranging from instruments such as the piano (primarily younger children and beginners, learning for ABRSM exams or for fun) and the guitar (acoustic/electric, rock, pop, blues and funk styles) as well as having several music theory students for ABRSM exams and composition students, whose lessons are tailored to the areas they wish to cultivate e.g. theory, orchestration, notation, music history/aesthetics etc.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £40 per hour for all lessons, whether individual or group, this includes my travel expenses. First consultation lessons are also charged
- Where do you teach?
- I teach only at the student's home, and as previously mentioned, I include travel expenses as part of my hourly rate. I live in west London and will happily teach in the following postcodes: W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W8, W9, W10, W11, W12, W14, WC, EC, SW1, SW3, SW4, SW5, SW6, SW7, SW8, SW9, SW10, SW13, SW18, SE1, SE5, SE11, SE17, NW1, NW2, NW3, NW5, NW6, NW8, NW10, N1, N5, N7.
- When are you available?
- I am available on weekdays and Saturdays, there is some variation according to my academic and performance schedule, nonetheless most of my students have there lessons during weekday evenings (younger students) or on Saturdays, despite this I am very happy to teach during the day in the week, in fact this is preferable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach both children and adults and therefore there is no limit as such, with the exception of a minimum age of 6/7 years old.
Piano: beginner-moderate, ABRSM grades 1-6, or rock/pop styles up to moderate level.
Guitar: beginner-moderate, learning either acoustic or electric in rock, pop, blues or funk styles
Composition: beginner-advanced, icluding theory, orchestration, history
Music Theory: beginner-advanced (ABRSM grades 1-8)
Sibelius notation software: beginner-advanced
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Piano: ABRSM Grades 1-6
Music Theory: ABRSM Grades 1-8
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have studied between 2010-14 at the Royal College of Music, principally with composition professor Kenneth Hesketh, amongst many other professors and lecturers active there.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently have 4 piano students, ages 7-12 (studying for ABSRM exams, ranging from grades 1-5), 2 Composition students (both adults), 1 theory student and 1 guitar student.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries you may have.
Send a message to Nicholas Moroz
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more