Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
- James Beckwith Blackheath, SE13
- Andrew Nesbitt Stretford, M32
- James Brady Walthamstow, E17
- Gregory Emfietzis Teddington, TW11
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Patrick Kenny Acton Central, W3
- Tim Maryon Regent's Park, NW1
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Rachel Nicholas Hoylake, CH47
- Andrew Hall Mitcham Junction, CR4
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- Jack Pennifold Greenwich, SE8
- Jane Salmon Shoreditch, EC1V
- Ralph Wyld Amersham, HP7
- Dan Nicholson Tooting, SW17
- Charlotte Botterill Park Street, AL2
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Toby Huelin Guildhall, EC2Y
- Jack Bennett Sevenoaks, TN14
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- My name is Daniel Nicholson and I am a piano teacher, pianist and accompanist based in Tooting (SW17), London.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype, Facetime.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Classical and Jazz piano, Classical and Jazz theory, improvisation and composition - Beginner to Diploma.
My lessons cover as many aspects of learning as possible each week. In addition to pieces there will also be technical work, sight reading, aural and theory included. Below are a few points that are specific to my teaching methods.
- Holistic approach based upon a simultaneous learning method. Facets of Classical and Jazz will be used in tandem (e.g Improvisation and rhythmic devices with classical students. Refinement of technique, coordination and musicality for Jazz students)
- Specially designed workbook to help with effective organisation and planning of practice, clarity of lesson notes and information relating to teaching resources used in lessons.
- Highly creative worksheets dealing with areas such as improvisation, composition, technique, theory etc.
- Practice points incentive scheme (certain criteria that is achieved during the weekly practice is rewarded with points which is included in a league table. Prizes awarded at the end of each academic year)
- End of Year Piano Showcase (I host a concert for my students to showcase their hard work. Booklets and DVDs are created so that these moments are remembered).
- ABRSM and Trinity/Guildhall exam preparation from beginner to diploma standard. (100% success record with around 75% achieving merit or above).
- I will order all books and enter pupils myself for competitions, exams and festivals. This will save time for parents and ensure that pupils are always up to date with books and have a performance target to work towards.
- Lessons are also available for theory and composition
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama between 2007-2013 gaining BMus (hons) and MMus qualifications in music performance.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I taught piano part time during my postgraduate studies (2011-2013) and since then have been full time after establishing myself in SW London. I have 36 private pupils of mixed ability and age.
I also accompany for exams, productions, rehearsals and recitals. I have also recently started playing for ballet on a regular basis.
I occasionally also play in chamber music ensembles and provide solo music for functions or guest appearances in concerts. Most recently I did a session live on Radio 2 with Rebecca Newman.
- How much do you charge?
- 30 mins - £20
45 mins - £26
60 mins - £34
90 mins - £45
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in the following locations: Battersea, Balham, Wandsworth Common, Furzetown, Tooting, Earlsfield, Southfields, Wimbledon, Raynes Park. Lessons are provided at peoples homes.
- When are you available?
- I teach Mon-Sat and on a limited capacity during school holidays. Precise availability is subject to change due to high demand. Please contact me for further details.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 6 years old to adult - beginner to diploma (or equivalent)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM and Trinity/Guildhall exams (100% success rate grades 1-8).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up to date DBS certification.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musician's Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama both for my undergraduate and postgraduate studies under names such as Huw Warren, Richard McMahon, Fazliddin Husanov, Michael Young, Roger Owens, Polina Lechenko, Martin Jones, Phillip Fowke and more.
Send a message to Dan Nicholson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more