Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Nicholas Moroz Shepherd's Bush, W12
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
- Jack Bennett Sevenoaks, TN14
- Pedro Silva St. Pancras, NW1
- Andrew Nesbitt Stretford, M32
- James Brady Walthamstow, E17
- Charlotte Botterill Park Street, AL2
- Stamatia Statherou Boughton, CT2
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- Tim Maryon Regent's Park, NW1
- Ralph Wyld Amersham, HP7
- Rachel Nicholas Hoylake, CH47
- Jane Salmon Shoreditch, EC1V
- Dan Nicholson Tooting, SW17
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Gregory Emfietzis East Sheen, SW14
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a professional Trumpet player in Manchester. I am enthusiastic and passionate about all aspects and genres of music. Teaching keen students is both fulfilling and rewarding.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- The student and I will organise lesson times via E-Mail to suit the student best. It is best if the webcam is set up in an open, spacious room, and that external noise is reduced to a minimum. Skype/Gmail Chat or any alternative is fine with me. Payment would either be arranged prior to the lesson, or evidence of transaction approved would need to be provided.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- The fields in which I specialize are: Teaching brass instruments, singing, saxophone and music theory. I also have excellent teaching skills in the areas of conducting, and Jazz, the theory behind it, playing it, and Improvisation. Being a Trumpeter I give advanced tuition in Trumpet playing if asked. I always structure my teaching to the specific person, to optimise the teaching experience for everyone. I very much enjoy teaching, as it gives me the opportunity to pass on my knowledge and enthusiasm to anyone who loves music and is willing to learn.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a 1st class B Mus (Hons) degree from the Royal Northern College of Music, in Music and Performance. Also an Artist's Certificate Degree from the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. I work as the Music Theory Tutor for a big online company, and an instrumental teacher for services around the Manchester area.
12 GCSE's, 4 A levels, BTEC in public services, various grade achievements on instruments.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught individually and in groups for several years and have a great deal of experience in playing in chamber groups, large ensembles, orchestras, and as a soloist. I perform regularly as a soloist and chamber musician around the UK, Norway, and all over the world.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 an hour, but I give half hour lessons with beginners (and those who only want a half hour lesson) at £12. If I have to travel to the student's house, there will be an additional fee of up to £5 for travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at the student's home (for a little extra cost) or at my own place in Farnworth, Bolton
- When are you available?
- My timetable is very flexible as I teach alongside my professional playing, so it would be easy to arrange times which suit the student best. I am also available during term time and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages, from complete beginner to advanced.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a CRB enhanced disclosure certificate
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the International Trumpet Guild.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Gareth Small - Principal Trumpet of the Hallé Orchestra
John Miller - Head of Brass at RNCM
Murray Greig - Trumpet Tutor at the RNCM and principal Trumpet of Opera North
Jan Fredrik Christiansen - Principal Trumpet of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra
Ole Edvard Antonsen - World famous international Trumpet soloist
Tracey Redfern - Principal Trumpet of Manchester Camerata (Freelance Trumpet Player in the UK)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It's all about having fun - so whether you're starting from scratch, or re-kindling a childhood passion, it's always worth it. Music is a language, and learning to speak it can be one of the most valuable, enhancing experiences you could ever do in your life.
"Life is a lot like a trumpet - If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out"
Send a message to Mark Harrison
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more