Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- Andrew Hall Mitcham Junction, CR4
- Jack Pennifold Greenwich, SE8
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- James Brady Walthamstow, E17
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- James Beckwith Blackheath, SE13
- Jane Salmon Shoreditch, EC1V
- Rachel Nicholas Hoylake, CH47
- Ralph Wyld Amersham, HP7
- Charlotte Botterill Park Street, AL2
- Patrick Kenny Acton Central, W3
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Gregory Emfietzis Teddington, TW11
- Toby Huelin Guildhall, EC2Y
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Andrew Nesbitt Stretford, M32
- Jack Bennett Sevenoaks, TN14
- Dan Nicholson Tooting, SW17
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a freelance music professional, working extensively as a musical director, pianist, conductor, arranger and teacher. My key areas of interest are musical theatre, church music and music education.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Learning how to use Sibelius is probably just as easy remotely as it is in person. As a professional arranger and orchestrator, I use Sibelius every day as part of my job and can usually troubleshoot, problem solve, or just explain how to do things.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I principally offer tuition in piano and music theory. I am often asked to deliver performance coaching and musical theatre training in addition to conducting and working as a musical director.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold an undergraduate degree in Music from Royal Holloway, University of London, in addition to ABRSM Grade 8 Piano (with distinction), Grade 7 Clarinet and Grade 5 Singing and Music Theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching piano and music theory privately for a number of years. I also have experience working with groups of children, teenagers and adults, from directing choirs and instrumental ensembles to coaching music theory. I have convened and delivered the Royal School of Church Music's 'Voice for Life' scheme. Outside of music, I worked as a Classroom Assistant at Kumon for over seven years, facilitating globally renowned afterschool maths, English and Japanese study programmes, with a specific focus on helping (higher level) maths students.
- How much do you charge?
- My listed fees are based on teaching from my home in Sevenoaks, Kent. I am able to travel to teach at an increased rate. Please ask for more details.
- Where do you teach?
- I primarily teach from my home in Sevenoaks, Kent, but am willing to travel to students' homes at an increased hourly rate. I also work as a peripatetic piano and music theory teacher at St Michael's Prep School in Otford, Kent.
- When are you available?
- Please contact me for current availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I take pride in teaching students of all ages, abilities and backgrounds, from new beginner pupils at primary school through to adults wanting to get their playing back up to scratch!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Exams are a fantastic way of benchmarking a student's progressing ability, but they are not essential and they are not for everybody. If students wish to take exams at the appropriate points, I usually suggest ABRSM. As with all my teaching, these are mutually discussed decisions, not imposed ultimatums as they so often seem to be.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I have also completed the NSPCC's Child Protection Awareness in Music training programme.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) and a Fellow of the Academy of Saint Cecilia.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied an undergraduate degree in Music at Royal Holloway, University of London, with piano as my first study. Specific instrumental teachers include:
* Piano - Debbi Parks (ballet improvisation), Matthew Stanley, Sarah Talaat
* Clarinet - Stuart King, Adrian Goss, Alun Cook
* Organ - Professor Lionel Pike (including choral conducting)
* Singing - Debbie King, Adrian Goss, Jonathan Lycett
Send a message to Jack Bennett
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more