Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
- Tim Doyle Archway, N15
- Ben Mallinder Compton, SO22
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Jane Salmon Shoreditch, EC1V
- Rachel Taverner BMus(Hons)LRSM Central Manchester, M4
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Alejandro Bonatto Moorgate, EC1Y
- Andrew Nesbitt Stretford, M32
- Nicholas Moroz Shepherd's Bush, W12
- Gregory Emfietzis Mortlake and Barnes, SW14
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
- Charlotte Botterill Park Street, AL2
- Tim Maryon Regent's Park, NW1
- Pedro Silva St. Pancras, NW1
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- AL Hodgson Weybridge, KT13
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Tom Fleming Bloomsbury, NW1
- Stamatia Statherou Boughton, CT2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- Music lessons of any kind can advance your child's development, whilst for the adults out there - it's never too late to learn! I teach over 40 pupils weekly and have extensive experience alongside well practiced and creative teaching methods.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor all academic aspects of the courses online, these through sending personal material via email depending on the needs of the student or chatting on something such as skype. For piano and musicianship I will focus them with tests and activities which they must do at the instrument (this is much better on a personal one to one basis).
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach piano primarily and will also teach the recorder, this leads to other avenues such as: Music Theory, Chamber Music, GCSE and A Level Music, Musicianship lessons along with some composition and lessons on the use of Sibelius.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus (Hons) Piano Performance
DipABRSM in Instrumental Teaching (piano specialism)
LRSM Piano Performance
A Level Music
Grade 8 Piano
Grade 8 Music Theory
NSPCC Child Protection Awareness in Music
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught many pupils music theory and piano privately. I currently have over 50 pupils. I am employed by Rimmers Music in Bury on Mondays and Fridays teaching over 25 pupils there and I also teach over 25 students privately.
My degree includes an intensive teaching course which involves teaching pupils with guidance from renowned tutors at the Royal Northern College of Music and various CT ABRSM tutors.
I put many pupils in for music exams over the years and they have all greatly succeeded!
- How much do you charge?
- £30 p/h for Piano Lessons, £17 for 1/2hour. £23 for 45 mins (shorter lessons recommended for younger pupils)
£30 p/h for all academic based lessons. (I would recommend hour long lessons)
I may charge reasonable travel fees if necessary.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in the city centre of Manchester, M4 in the green quarter if you wish to travel to me for lessons where you will be able to learn on a brand new Yamaha Upright, a rarity in a city centre apartment! Otherwise I have brilliant transport links if you wish for me travel to you. I am willing to travel to anywhere in Stockport, Chorlton, Didsbury, Cheadle, Gatley, Heald Green, Cheadle Hulme, Burnage, Moston, Heaton Chapel etc and even as far as Alderly Edge and Wilmslow. If your town isn't mentioned then just drop me a message about where you live and it is very likely I can get to you. From M4 I am willing to travel around 15 miles but this is not a cut off as it depends more on the difficulty and length of journey.
- When are you available?
- I travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The day I can travel to you depends upon where else I am teaching on that evening and how long it will take to reach you so there may need to be some flexibility on the times and days you wish for.
I sometimes acquire small waiting lists for people needing specific times so do contact me if you wish to request a time. I will teach through holidays if required though this is up to the pupil.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages, beginners onwards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM grades/diplomas, though grades are not essential and I am perfectly willing to teach for the pupils enjoyment solely.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I hold a CRB dating from 2010 and a DBS from 2013.
I have also completed the NSPCC Child Protection and Awareness in Music course.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Pre University Education:
Mrs Kathleen Buckley CT ABRSM
Mrs Helen Lockhart BMus (Hons)
Mrs Sally Ann Macleod PPRNCM
Aside from this main tuition I have had lessons and masterclasses with renowned pianists Philippe Cassard, Stefano Fuizzi, Paul Roberts, Paul Janes and Jin Ju.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have helped many pupils enter ABRSM exams, all of whom came out with top results. Many of my pupils are not concerned with exams and play purely for their own enjoyment. I also have many adult students who I encourage to learn to play anything they dreamed of playing, the purpose is to pursue long term goals. Some adults also take ABRSM exams for their own sense of personal achievement, something I highly encourage.
I currently have students ranging from complete beginner to grade 7 and 8 students in high school and beyond. The current age range of my pupils begins at 3 and goes beyond 70!
I encourage all my pupils to work hard with their common passion - which is ultimately to make music! From their dedication and passion they gain the results they wish for with my help.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music isn't at all about grades and exams, this is just for short term goals - it's about personal enjoyment, development, fun and creativity!
Contact me today to start your musical journey!
Send a message to Rachel Taverner BMus(Hons)LRSM
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more