Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
|Tim Doyle||Archway, N15|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth Common, SW18|
|Charlotte Botterill||Park Street, AL2|
|Firat Altay||Harringay, N4|
|Nicholas Moroz||Shepherd's Bush, W12|
|Mark Harrison||Farnworth, BL4|
|Rachel Taverner BMus(Hons)LRSM||Central Manchester, M4|
|Stamatia Statherou||Boughton, CT2|
|Alison Rowley||Eastville, BS5|
|Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Antonis Mikelis||Edmonton, N9|
|Jane Salmon||Shoreditch, EC1V|
|Nick Scott Jones||Uxbridge, UB8|
|Ben Mallinder||Compton, SO22|
|Pedro Silva||St. Pancras, NW1|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Stretford, M32|
|Joshua Davenport||Peckham, SE5|
|Tom Fleming||Bloomsbury, NW1|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Mortlake and Barnes, SW14|
|Tim Maryon||Regent's Park, NW1|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Peter Elliot||Bushey, WD23|
|Alejandro Bonatto||Moorgate, EC1Y|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a friendly and enthusiastic teacher with five years of professional teaching experience. Lessons are relaxed and fun, whatever the age or ability of the student.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Email/phone/skype discussions can be arranged for composing and sibelius tutoring. 20% discount on usual hourly rate.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I can teach both classical and folk styles to advanced level on violin/fiddle, and to intermediate level on piano/keyboard, ukulele and tin whistle. I also teach music theory, aural, composition and playing by ear. All ages welcome!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Music degree from the University of Cambridge, grade 8 violin (ABRSM) and grade 7 piano (ABRSM).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching one-to-one, small group and whole class instrumental lessons for five years. I also have 7+ years as a workshop and band leader for numerous organisations including Shooting Roots, Cambridgeshire Music and the English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS). I regularly perform as a folk fiddle player and caller for ceilidhs and in 2013 I was composer in residence at Cecil Sharp House.
- How much do you charge?
- £35 for one hour, £30 for 45 minutes, £20 for 30 minutes, £150 (+ travel and accommodation if required) for whole school day.
- Where do you teach?
- Regular lessons take place at the student's home in Bristol. Occasional lessons or workshops can be arranged elsewhere in the country for additional fee (please enquire).
- When are you available?
- Regular lessons take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages, beginner to advance (see subject list above for details).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM grades in violin, piano, voice and music theory. GCSE/A-level (particularly composition)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students include: an 18yo piano student preparing to study music at university in October, a 5yo violin student whose concentration and attitude to learning has improved in the last year just as much as his ability to play! and an adult fiddle student working on general violin technique in addition to folk bowings and ornamentation.
Send a message to Alison Rowley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more