Online Spanish (general) Tutors / Spanish (general) Lessons
See Also: Show
- Susanne Bourgi Norbiton, KT2
- Luis Hernandez Barlaston and Oulton, ST15
- Antoinette Farrelly Stratford, E15
- Baz Taylor.M.A. Oxford St. Margarets, TW1
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Jacqueline Espinoza Darwen, BB3
- Maria A. Stratford, E15
- Marta Dobrzynska Kirkby, NG17
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- Mari Carmen Central Bristol, BS2
- Cristina Gestido Finsbury Park, N4
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Barbara Blazquez Castro Gosfield, CM7
- Maria Vasquez Central Birmingham, B1
- Irene Ortega Cricklewood, NW2
- Julia Gomez Angel, EC1V
- Paul Grace Chorlton, M21
- Isabel Nieves Crouch End, N8
- JUAN CARMONA Greenwich, SE10
- Steven French Harpenden, AL5
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Greg Staw East Dulwich, SE24
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- Maria D'Argenio Thornton Heath, CR7
- Amelia Grandidier Balham, SW17
- Johannes Kramer Sloane Square, SW7
- Manohar Whig Sudbury, HA0
- Janine M. Erith, DA8
- Silvina83 Faversham, ME13
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Cerasela E. Chiswick, W4
- Kathy Pike Salisbury, SP1
- Mary Hill Cherry Hinton, CB1
- David Romero Holloway, N7
- A LEVEL SPANISH VIA SKYPE Loughton & Shenley, MK4
- Lodovico Central Chester, CH4
- Marie Fohr Curry Rivel, TA7
- Keith Baddeley Oval, SW9
- Qualified Spanish NATIVE Tutor Street, BA6
- Margherita Spanu Hammersmith, W6
- Letizia Parisi East Acton, W3
- Stephen F. Smith Broadstone, BH21
- MrsL.Catalina Watkiss Norbiton, KT1
- Tom Steadman Dibden, SO45
- Maribel Amersham, HP6
- Nicholas Schlesinger Turnham Green, W3
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- S.R. Munoz Moseley, B13
- Natasha Clough Preston Rural, PR4
- Jeff Bragg Sutton Central, SM1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Spanish (general)
- Personal Message
I’m Margherita and I'm a CLTA qualified teacher. I’m Italian and I teach Italian, Spanish, English for beginners and interpreting and translation techniques.
I give individual and group classes to any age students, with an engaging method.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I give online classes using Skype and I charge £ 20 per hour.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Italian and Spanish at all levels and to any age students and English for beginners.
I am a friendly person and my classes include a lot of interesting cultural and literary references as part of the process of second language acquisition.
I also teach how to make a proper translation, including the right tools to use and techniques, and I train interpreters for simultaneous and consecutive interpreting.
During my classes I make extensive use of books, films, music, newspapers and the internet, providing a complete and enjoyable way of learning and training.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I obtained the CLTA (Certificate in teaching Italian to adults) following the International House training course in London.
I have a BA in "Interpretation and translation" - Private University in Cagliari and a Master Degree cum laude in "Literary Translation" - Foreign Languages and Literatures - University of Cagliari.
I obtained the Spanish C2 level with the DELE- Diploma of Spanish as Foreign Language
I attended the "Herzog Specialization course in Literary translation" in Rome following the Spanish lab.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My previous experience as a teacher is mostly in the private sector.
I have been teaching in Italy and in London for eight years, giving individual and group classes of Spanish, English and Italian, with different aged students, from infants to adults and students with learning disabilities like dyslexia. I have also taught Spanish (all levels) and Italian (all levels) in small courses for a Language association and in a Private University in my native city and I have been examiner for GCSE and A-Level Italian exams for the past two years.
During these years I gained a great experience in how to create a friendly and comfortable atmosphere, with a special attention to my student's needs and requests. My classes are conceived according to the student's needs, and I always try to keep the student's attention with a positive attitude.
I am an Italian mother tongue but I am allowed to teach Spanish as well like a mother tongue as I am a C2 level Spanish speaker.
Concerning English, I've been teaching for years only to a beginner or intermediate level, so I gained my main experience with this level of education.
I'm a highly experienced interpreter and translator as well, so I'm glad to give translation and interpretation classes.
- How much do you charge?
- The standard rate for my services is £ 25 per hour for individual classes. - 35 one hour and a half - 45 two hours.
£ 20 per hour each in two-people groups - 30 each one hour and a half - 40 each two hours
£ 15 per hour each in three - people groups - 20 each one hour and a half - 30 each two hours
If you buy a 10 classes package in advance, one is free.
I usually arrange a first meeting, free of charge - in order to know each other and discuss the student's needs.
I live in West London, if I need to travel outside zone 1 and 2 I will charge £5 more to cover the cost of the bus/tube/train (only east side)
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to give classes both at home and at the student's home or office.
- When are you available?
- I'm available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm. (weekends can be arranged)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach Italian and Spanish at all levels and any age, from infants to adults.
The English classes are just for beginners or pre-intermediate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for GCSE, A-Level, Celi (Certificato di Conoscenza della Lingua Italiana), CILS (Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera) and DELE ( Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language) form level A1 to C2.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not yet, but on the process of getting one.
Parents are very welcome to sit in on sessions with their children.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I obtained the CLTA qualification following the International House training course with Ferruccio Pastore and Erica Cavagnoli as tutors.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am teaching several private students at the moment.
I am preparing two girls for their Spanish A-Levels, two kids for their Spanish GCSE and a kid for his Italian A-Level.
I am preparing a young boy for a B1 DELE certification and I am giving Spanish and Italian lessons to several adults, one-to-one and in small groups.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Do you want to break the linguistic barrier between you and some of the most sunny and nice countries in Europe? Let's do it!
Italian is a not a common language, that's why learning it could be useful in your job, it could be a great advantage; and if you simply want to learn a nice unusual language, Italian is absolutely perfect and it will be very satisfactory to use it during your Italian holiday!
Spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world, and learning it is fun and useful at the same time, you can't lose the opportunity to be part of the wonderful Hispanic world.
If you're Italian or Spanish and you recently arrived here there are a lot of things to learn about how to communicate and to move around London, and I can help you with that.
And finally, if you already know Italian, Spanish and/or English and you want to start your career as an interpreter or translator, there are many things and strategies to learn and I will be happy to teach you how to do it!
With me you're not just learning a language, but a lifestyle, a culture and everything related to that, it's a completely new world to discover together.
Languages are the best way to feel a citizen of the world!
Send a message to Margherita Spanu
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more