Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in Bournemouth
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Bournemouth
- Susannah Groome Central Bournemouth, BH4
Tutors travelling to Bournemouth
- Cathy Silman Penn Hill, BH14
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Somalia Seaton Downham, SE6
- Jacqueline Anderson Oscott, B42
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- Joanne Bicknell Thorpe, SS1
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Becky Heavitree, EX2
- Dyslexia Success Bletchley, MK6
- Pass Psychology Offerton, SK2
- MEMOONA (MSc) Kingsbury Green, NW9
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Judith Brennan Annfield Plain, DH9
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Tim Clark Cambridge, CB4
- David Evans Purley, CR8
- Jim Cooney Cockett, SA2
- Trish Almlof Wimbledon, SW20
- Janito Central Stockport, SK6
- Sara Sewell Paddox, CV22
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- I have been a qualified teacher for 8 years. I prepare children for all exams including SATs; 7+; 11+ and common entrance tests. I also support children with gaps in their learning. Creativity is my forte.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- KS1 and KS2 Maths and English - Level's 1-6
A Level Music
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMUS, First Class Honours Degree from the London College of Music
PGCE, Institute of Education
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a qualified teacher for over 8 years teaching in both the Independent and State sectors. I began my career as a secondary school music teacher after completing my PGCE at the Institute of Education in London. Seven years ago, I made the transition to the Primary Sector. I have taught a number of year groups including, Year's 2, 4 and 5. I have been a middle leader in the Primary sector and Head of Year. I have been tutoring pupils on a one-to-one basis for 5 years, preparing them for 11+ and entrance exams. I have worked with children with a range of abilities. In 2004 I graduated with a First Class Honours degree from the London College of Music where I specialised in singing. I have appeared as a soloist on television and radio. I currently sing solos in oratorios for a number of choral societies.
- How much do you charge?
- KS1 and KS2 maths and English: £25 per hour
KS3 (up to Level 6): £30 per hour
Singing lessons: £25-£30 per hour
Music Theory: £25 per hour
GCSE Music: £30
A Level Music: £35
Group Teaching: £10 each per houe
- Where do you teach?
- I mainly teach at home in Alum Chine, Bournemouth, Dorset.
I am willing to travel short distances in Bournemouth. I am willing to travel appox. 2-5 miles.
- When are you available?
- Available during the day time: Monday-Friday
Available in the evenings: Monday-Friday
Available during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- KS1 and KS2: Year 2-Year 6
KS3 up to Level 6
Music theory and singing: all ages
GCSE and A Level Music
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
A Level Music
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- London College of Music
Institute of Education, London
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have successfully prepared children for SATs, common entrance, 7+, 11+ and Level 6 examinations, as well as singing grades. I enjoy teaching children with a wide range of abilities and adapt my teaching style accordingly. I set high expectations and use a wide range of teaching and learning methods to enable every child to succeed at their own level. I have taught children with dyslexia, ADHD and Aspersers. I also enjoy the challenges of working with gifted and talented pupils offering them extended opportunities to experience a wide and diverse range of activities encouraging them to reflect upon their own learning. I am able to inspire children to become enthusiastic about learning and exploring ways of making learning fun and accessible to all. I use a wide range of practical resources as well as literature and ICT. I have a good sense of humour and enjoy sharing this with my pupils.
Send a message to Susannah Groome
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more