Online Special Needs Music Teachers / Special Needs Music Lessons
See Also: Music; A-level Music; A-level Music Technology; Chamber Music; Early Years Music; GCSE Music; Higher Music; Key Stage 3 Music; Music Production; Music Technology; Music Workshops; Musicianship; National 4/5 Music; University Music
- Edgar Cardoso Blackheath, SE10
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Needs Music
- Personal Message
- I am a Portuguese piano teacher based in London. I have a balanced schedule between my teaching commitments and performance events. I am a very dedicated professional who is always excited for creative challenges. I am active and highly motivated.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype - edgardiniscardoso
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Classical Piano
Soundtracks - Piano
West End/Cabaret/Musical theatre - Piano
Music Analysis and Composition
Musical Theatre - Creative Drama
Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2009-2012 BA in Music - Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
2011-2012 1 year exchange program - Musikhochschule Stuttgart, Germany
2012-2014 MA in Music Education/Piano Pedagogy - Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
2013-2014 MMus in Piano Performance - Trinity Laban Conservatoire, London, UK
2014-2016 Artist Diploma in Piano Performance - Trinity Laban Conservatoire, London, UK
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching privately for three years. During the last year I was doing an internship at a music school in Porto, Portugal, while coming seasonally for private teaching in London, where I got familiar with the exam processes in England. I am a volunteer at a Social Care Home for children, where I help people with social adversities to develop their general skills and improve their social awareness through Music. I have also been leading workshops for children in Portugal on how to practice the piano on a creative manner, integrating Creative Drama, Movement and Narratives into the performance. An article about my workshop practice has been published in Korea with the title "Creating Music that Moves".
- How much do you charge?
- £25 45min
Travel fees included on the price if within 30min distance from Greenwich.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach preferably in South-East London - Greenwich, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets, Newham, Southwark. I can teach out of these Boroughs if more than 90 consecutive minutes of lesson are requested. I teach at students' homes.
- When are you available?
- I have a very flexible schedule, everyday of the week. Available to discuss the best suitable time for both sides, upon interest.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages, all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Trinity - Guildhall and ABRSM graded Exams
Preparation for school exams, college auditions, music competitions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am applying for a DBS Certificate at the moment. It will be ready by October.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a very accessible person and open to any requests. Every student is different and every student has her/his goals with Music learning. The advantage of private tutoring is that we can specificy and target the teaching-methodology to the student's personal needs.
Send a message to Edgar Cardoso
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more