Tuba Lessons in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Ed Roberts Chapel Allerton, LS7
- Neil Doherty Millbrook, SO15
- Christopher Smith Forest Hill, SE23
- Andrew Connington Teddington, TW11
- Kieran Joy Old Moat, M20
- H. Leech Charlton Park, SE7
- Raymond Hearne Southgate, N14
- Fiona Bassett Cathays, CF10
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
- Rory Cartmell Charlton Park, SE7
- Adam Harvey Lockleaze, BS5
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Tuba
- Personal Message
- I provide an intelligent holistic method that encourages expansive growth of all aspects of musicianship. Lessons are tailor made to each student. Creativity and Expression are at the forefront of everything! I love teaching!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- - Brass: Trombone, Trumpet, Euphonium, tuba. All Styles
- Classical Composition, Jazz Composition, song writing, arranging.
- Theory lessons (for grades or for PASSION!!!)
- Can provide tuition with GCSEs/A levels
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained at the Royal Academy of Music first as a Jazz trombone player and then in Contemporary Composition graduating with 1st class Bmus(hons). I am currently the Ian Evans Lombe Scholar in Composition at the Royal College of Music.
I will soon hold a Liscency of the Royal Academy of Music teaching qualification.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 8 years of teaching experience. I am currently working for Pelican Music Service, Chelsea Quavers, Sparks RCM and Education Group as a tutor and workshop leader. I also teach early years classroom music (ages 3-4 & 4-5) at St Stephan's school Hammersmith and Burlington Danes White City.
I have lots of professional experience as a musician including: concert/classical music, jazz music, rock music, song writing, arrangements, music for films, music for theatre productions, music for amateurs and electronic music. In commercial music I have worked expansively from the (2015) Broadway production of American in Paris to the feature film "Ginger and Rosa" (2012).
I like to work with students on any music that excites them or inspires them to explore.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £30-£40 per hour depending on how a pupil fits in geographically with my other teaching and engagements.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home and/or at students' homes.
- When are you available?
- Dairy permitting......
feel free to call or email.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach early years music in schools and have many primary school age pupils. I also have a sincere oeuvre of pupils in their teens and twenties after grade 8, university or a professional career.
Youngest pupil - 3 years old. I am especially good at relating to children.
Oldest pupil - . . . . .well i don't usually ask - but I teach a handful of adults too.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM Grades
Trinity Guildhall Grades
A level Exams
University and Conservtiore entry (discipline specific)
Entry into the profession.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up to date professional DBS check with Academics ltd.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype and Face time.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Royal Academy of Music(Bmus hons), Royal College of Music (Mcomp),
Trombone: Gordon Campbell, Mark Bassey, Dennis Wick, Simon Hogg, Nick Smart, Mornington Lockett, Zoltan Dekany, Jeremy Price
Composition: Mark Anthony Turnage, Jonathan Cole, Phillip Cashian, Christopher Austin, Peter Maxwell Davies, Gary Carpenter, Paul Paterson, Martin Suckling, Pete Churchill, Nikki Iles
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- “Ah music! A magic beyond all we do here!”
Send a message to Alex Paxton
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more