Tuba Lessons in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Adam Harvey Lockleaze, BS5
- Rory Cartmell Charlton Park, SE7
- Christopher Smith Forest Hill, SE23
- H. Leech Charlton Park, SE7
- Raymond Hearne Snaresbrook, E11
- Fiona Bassett Cathays, CF10
- Ed Roberts Chapel Allerton, LS7
- Andrew Connington Teddington, TW11
- Kieran Joy Old Moat, M20
- Neil Doherty Millbrook, SO15
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Tuba
Matthew Lewis Gold Member
- Putney (SW15) View on map
- Last Logged In: 21 Jun 2015
- Sex: Male
- Web site: maslink.co.uk/client-directory?client=LEWIM3&...
- Can Travel To: Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Merton, Richmond upon Thames, Westminster
- Personal Message
- I am an enthusiastic musician committed to teaching all ages and standards, from beginners to post grade 8/ diploma. My teaching methods are flexible to suit all needs and aims and I work hard to help my students achieve everything they want.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all brass instruments and tutor for GCSE and A Level Music.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- First Class BMus (Hons) from the Royal Academy of Music
LRAM Distinction - Teaching diploma from the Royal Academy of Music
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over 7 years of private teaching and coaching.
Currently teaching brass at Chigwell School, Brentwood School and The Study School.
6 years of professional performing, working with some of the finest orchestras in the country including the English National Opera, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Concert Orchestra, Halle Orchestra, BBC National Orchestra of Wales to name a few.
Working as a tutor with youth orchestras.
Giving masterclasses and workshops for groups of musicians.
- How much do you charge?
- £35 per hour and £20 per half hour. Group lessons are £50 an hour and £30 for half an hour for a maximum of 4 people (total cost split between students).
Contact me to discuss prices for masterclasses, workshops and larger group tutoring as prices vary when tailoring the teaching exactly to your needs.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Putney in SW London but I am more than happy to travel to nearby postcodes. Barnes, Fulham, Parsons Green, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Hammersmith etc.
- When are you available?
- I am extremely flexible with lesson times as I am a freelance musician, so the best thing to do is to just get in touch and we can arrange a time.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I enjoy teaching all age groups and all standards, whether it is learning how to produce a sound on a trumpet or perfecting a concerto.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have always enjoyed working hard in my own development as a player and encourage my students to work towards ABRSM exams as I think they provide good goals to aim for. I do however understand that exams aren't for everyone and the most important thing for me is to maintain the enjoyment of playing an instrument. I would never push a student to take exams if they preferred not to. Instead we come up with a set of goals to work towards in order to still achieve improvements but in a less pressured environment.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Chigwell School
The Study School
National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Royal Academy of Music
Dudley Bright (London Symphony Orchestra)
Ian Bousfield (Ex Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra)
Matt Gee (Royal Philharmonic)
Mark Templeton (London Philharmonic)
Send a message to Matthew Lewis
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more