Find UK Tuition
Alexandra - EFL, GCSE English, A Level English, IELTS, FCE Tutor in Hungerford, Marlborough, Newbury
Alexandra Brooke Gold Member
- Salford Quays (M50) View on map
- Last Logged In: 25 Jun 2014
- Sex: Female
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
- MA in English Language
- Cambridge/RSA DELTA & CELTA
- Cambridge English Teacher member
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I look forward to helping you improve your English and finding the best learning plan for you!
I аm а nаtive speаker so can teach you the most authentic language and perfect English pronunciation!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English as a foreign Language. Including exam preparation and Business English.
General help with written and spoken English including GCSE and A Level*, improved essay writing, letter writing, public and public speaking. NB. My main background is in teaching EFL, however, with my extensive study and analysis of the English language, I can help students with spelling & grammar, raise the standard of their written work and help them to express their ideas more clearly. I am also happy to proofread /correct essays via email. If you are unsure, let me know what you need and I will let you know if I can help.
* NB although I can give general help with English I do not have extensive knowledge of the syllabus or format of these exams.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have:
a MA ( Master's degree) in English Language
an RSA CELTA (the basic qualification for teaching English)
an RSA DELTA ( the advanced qualification for teaching English - equivalent to a Masters degree under the UK QCF scheme.) Few English teachers have this, but those who hold it have had to demonstrate very advanced knowledge of language analysis and teaching methodology.
I also have school and university qualifications in Spanish, French, Latin, Russian and Italian Languages.I have been a language student myself, so I know how difficult it can be sometimes and I can help you with these problems
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I hаve speciаlised in teаching English full-time
I have taught in British Council approved schools in Poland, Egypt and London
I have mentored new teachers and have given many seminars on teaching ideas and methodology in my own schools and at teaching conferences.
I have worked in academic management in both general and executive departments at two large prestigious schools in London.
I hаve аlsо wоrked аs а live-in privаte tutоr in Itаly аnd Chinа.
I have done public speaking for Rotary International.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 - EFL, Business English, exam English , IELTS for native and non-native speakers.
£negotiable - Proofreading Essays, and English for Specific Purposes.
Before the first lesson, I will assess your English and do a full needs analysis. After a few lessons, I will check that you are happy with the programme and make any necessary changes.
I am happy to give regular tests, progress reports and homework
If you choose to have lessons online, we can do lessons for less than one hour, and the price will be reduced accordingly.
- Where do you teach?
- I AM CURRENTLY ONLY TEACHING ONLINE
- When are you available?
- GMT 8am - 9 pm Mondays - Fridays
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 12 years and over.
All levels of English from Beginner to Advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Cambridge exams, IELTS.
A Level & GCSE
Other exams considered
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No, as most of my teaching has been with adults.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For online teaching, I use Skype.
I can also teach using email and am happy to consider other online media at the client's request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Yes, I am a member of the Cambridge English Teacher community.
I have been accepted as a contributor to Oxford University Press research projects.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of Glasgow, Scotland (MA honours degree)
International House, Cairo, Egypt (CELTA)
St Giles College, Highgate, London (DELTA)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently teaching a young man from Panama on Skype. It is very convenient for him as I teach him 3 times a week for 2 hours before he goes to work.His English is Upper-Intermediate level and his goal is to increase his confidence in spoken English.
Earlier in the year, I gave a 16-year old native speaker some help for her GCSE course.
I have given native speakers advice on IELTS preparation.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I look forward to helping you with your studies and finding the right learning plan for you!
What do you say when you don't know a word in English?? Nearly all learners say, " How do you call......?" Of course, native speakers will understand you, but this is not correct! The correct question is.."WHAT do you call...." E.g. " What do you call un bicchiere in English?" " A glass!"
When I was 12, I started to learn French at school. I really enjoyed my lessons ( even learning grammar!) but I felt very nervous about speaking French. I worried that my grammar would be wrong or my pronunciation wasn't very good. Because I didn't speak very much, my teacher could not hear my language and could not help me! It is very...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: