Find UK Tuition
Clare Ereira - GCSE and A Level English Tutor in Salisbury
- BA Hons & MA in English
- Enhanced Disclosure Certificate
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I have many years' experience as a tutor, an examiner and also a teacher and enjoy helping teenagers and adults to reach their potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English Language and English Literature
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA(Hons) and MA in English, PGCE
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked in various schools/colleges in London (since 1986) and Salisbury (since I moved in 2004) teaching from Year 9 to GCSE and A level. I am also a senior examiner in English for GCSE with one of the major exam boards. I have done one-to-one tutoring for 14 years.
- How much do you charge?
- From £26 per hour, depending on the level, with additional cost as agreed with the client if I have to travel to students' homes.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Stratford sub Castle, a short walk or drive from the centre of Salisbury. I prefer to teach at my home where I have lots of resources to hand, but can sometimes travel to other parts of Salisbury or surrounding areas if lessons are required during the day and it is not possible for the student to come to me.
- When are you available?
- Because I am now a full time tutor I am very flexible and can teach daytime or evenings on weekdays as required. I may also be able to fit students in on Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from year 8 up to A level, and am experienced in teaching both children and adults returning to education. I can also help students with university level study.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Mainly GCSE, AS and A2, but have also helped students prepare for the 13+ exam, the Certificate in English and new IGCSEs. I have developed quite an extensive knowledge of the requirements of different exam boards and qualification types through exam marking and teaching a variety of students
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not currently do online tutoring as I believe that face-to-face contact with students is integral to a productive working relationship.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I did my teacher training at the University of Greenwich in London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My recent and current students are from a range of backgrounds, taught at both state and private schools, from comprehensive and grammar schools. I curently teach students from Year 8 to year 13. The only thing they have in common is a desire to improve their exam results and a willingness to put in the work that I recommend they do to achieve this. Exam results from June 2012 were excellent, despite the general dissatisfaction with English GCSE grades across the country!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It is often difficult to ask the questions and get the individual help you need for top grades in a classroom environment. With one to one tutoring I can tailor each lesson to suit you, and address your particular needs. I have also worked as an examiner with a well known exam board for over 12 years, so have a wealth of experience and knowledge about how to achieve the best results in exams. Many of my past students have come to me from personal recommendations, have enjoyed my lessons and been delighted with what they have achieved.
Send a message to Clare Ereira
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Students often underestimate the value of planning in exams. It is easy to feel pressurised by that ticking clock, seeing minutes seeping away while you 'waste' time planning your answer, particularly when you know that the plan will not be marked. Everything within you cries out "Let me get writing!" but still you are told by your teachers to...
I'm very pleased to say Sam got Bs in his English and everything else he needed. Thank you for your help I'm sure it made the difference.
- Richard, August 2013
Just to let you know that Ira did well in her two English papers. She got As in both English Language and Lit. Many thanks for all your support and guidance. She might not have made it without it.
- Sandhya, August 2012
Giles (Y11) was incredibly motivated after his session with you, so thank you.
- Jane, October 2012
Claire has been extremely helpful with developing Sam's skills and confidence. His results are not only improving in English but her work has had a beneficial knock on effect on his other A Level exams. Her warm and encouraging technique has born fruit and I would thoroughly recommend her.
- Nigel, April 2012
Thank you very much for taking on Henry for the last few months. He says that he is sorry not to be continuing with you and that you are a very good teacher – unprecedented praise from him!
- Dorothy, April 2012
Rom loved the lesson - she skipped out telling me how much she loves one to one tuition
- Tiggy, October 2012
I improved my (GCSE) grade from E to C in 2 years. I believe that without professional support from Clare I could hardly get to a D grade. I like the way we communicate to each other, and I absolutely enjoyed to work with Clare. It was great fun!
- Sam, September 2011
I am a year 12 student, studying four AS subjects, including English Literature. I felt out of my depth in class, and did not take part in class discussions, rarely putting forward my own thoughts or ideas. I went to Clare for help and quickly saw the benefits. My confidence increased and I felt better able to take part in group work. My work improved and I found that I was enjoying the subject more than I could have hoped. Clare’s teaching is inspirational, and I would recommend her highly.
- Jordan, 2011
Just to let you know that Alice got 2 As for English GCSE and she is very pleased. I'd like to thank you for all your efforts in helping her to achieve these grades.
- Sue, 2011
Clare has a unique ability to accurately pinpoint what a student needs. I achieved 2 A*'s at GCSE and a Grade A at A Level. My English A Level was done as an extra subject independent of my school - my success was down to Clare's teaching....Thanks to Clare I was able to then go on to Oxford University.
- Anthea, 2010
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in:
- Jill Hooper - Key Stage 1 English Tutor
- Darren Sargent - 11+ exam Tutor
- Mary Guiver - 11+ exam Tutor
- David Beck - Key Stage 3 English Tutor
- Louise Armstrong - A-level English Tutor
- Sazan Meran - Proofreading Tutor
- Janette Sedgebeer - Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutor
- Kk1 - A-level Biology Tutor
- Victoria Grigg - A-level English Tutor
- Tricia Etherton - Key Stage 3 English Tutor