Find UK Tuition
Clare Ereira - GCSE and A Level English Tutor in Salisbury
- BA Hons & MA in English
- Enhanced Disclosure Certificate
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I have many years' experience as a tutor, an examiner and also a teacher and enjoy helping teenagers and adults to reach their potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English Language and English Literature
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA(Hons) and MA in English, PGCE
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked in various schools/colleges in London (since 1986) and Salisbury (since I moved in 2004) teaching from Year 9 to GCSE and A level. I am also a senior examiner in English for GCSE with one of the major exam boards. I have done one-to-one tutoring for 18 years.
- How much do you charge?
- From £26 per hour, depending on the level, with additional cost as agreed with the client if I have to travel to students' homes.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Stratford sub Castle, a short walk or drive from the centre of Salisbury. I prefer to teach at my home where I have lots of resources to hand, but can sometimes travel to other parts of Salisbury or surrounding areas if lessons are required during the day and it is not possible for the student to come to me.
- When are you available?
- Because I am now a full time tutor I am very flexible and can teach daytime or evenings on weekdays as required. I may also be able to fit students in on Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from year 8 up to A level, and am experienced in teaching both children and adults returning to education. I can also help students with university level study.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Mainly GCSE and IGCSE, AS and A2, but have also helped students prepare for the 13+ exam. I have developed quite an extensive knowledge of the requirements of different exam boards and qualification types through exam marking and teaching a variety of students and pride myself on being able to familiarise myself very quickly with any exam's requirements.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not currently do online tutoring.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I did my teacher training at the University of Greenwich in London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My recent and current students are from a range of backgrounds, taught at both state and private schools, from comprehensive and grammar schools. I curently teach students from Year 9 to year 13. The only thing they have in common is a desire to improve their exam results and a willingness to put in the work that I recommend they do to achieve this. While I can never guarantee results, particularly when students come to me very late, as you can see from the testimonials and messages I have received, students almost invariably improve significantly on their expected grade with my help.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It is often difficult to ask the questions and get the individual help you need for top grades in a classroom environment. With one to one tutoring I can tailor each lesson to suit you, and address your particular needs. I have also worked as an examiner with a well known exam board for over 12 years, so have a wealth of experience and knowledge about how to achieve the best results in exams. Many of my past students have come to me from personal recommendations, have enjoyed my lessons and been delighted with what they have achieved.
Send a message to Clare Ereira
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Students often underestimate the value of planning in exams. It is easy to feel pressurised by that ticking clock, seeing minutes seeping away while you 'waste' time planning your answer, particularly when you know that the plan will not be marked. Everything within you cries out "Let me get writing!" but still you are told by your teachers to...
I'm sure you will be as delighted as we are that that elusive B in English Lit was nailed - no small thanks to your steer, patience, advice and guidance. We are thrilled and delighted and very grateful to you for helping Hannah achieve the wobbly grade. She needed a lift in confidence. Thank you for being that lift.. It has made a huge difference to her aspirations, both before the exams, and towards her degree path.
- Clare F, August 2015
We are very pleased with Lucy's results she got an A English Language and a B in Literature.
Thank you for your coaching which as well as helping her with the exams built her confidence.
- James and Judith, August 2015
Will said Thank you.... as he is firmly of the opinion he would not have passed without you.
He achieved a C in both Lit and Language which we are all pleased and relieved about!!! Thank you for all your help, you made a difference
- Siobhan, August 2015
Tristan did well with his GCSEs and was very pleased with his results - the majority of his grades being A*s and As.
In English he got an A in both his Literature and Language papers! We were absolutely thrilled with this! Thank you so much again for all of your help. We really appreciate what you did for him in his last few weeks.
- David, August 2015
It’s really good news. I got an A in English which I’m really pleased with. Just want to say thank you so much for all your help – I couldn’t have done it without you.
- Cassie, August 2015
I am so pleased to tell you that Charles got a B for English. Thanks again for all your hard work and for taking your time to understand Charles.
- Suzanne, August 2015
I just wanted to say a really massive thank you to you for all of your help. I went from hating English to actually enjoying it and that wouldn’t have happened without you. Rom, Salisbury 2014
- Rom, 2014
Thank you for everything you have done for Anna. She is very grateful as she feels you have helped her so much with her English. Anna is going to her new school well equipped to succeed in English now.
- Susan, 2014
Flo is finding your lessons hugely helpful. She's struggling with her course work essay without having a teacher to discuss it with who understands the text & your support is really helping her formulate her thoughts!
- Susanna, Salisbury 2014
We just wanted to say thank you re tutoring Ben with his English language GCSE. He obtained a B and we believe that this was all down to your work and assistance with him.
We are thrilled with Ben's results. Your help was brilliant and I certainly think made him truly think that he COULD do it rather than the attitude at school!
- Julia, 2014
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: