Find UK Tuition
Kristina, English, Literacy, Dyslexia Tuition Eltham Dulwich SE London
- Eltham (SE9) View on map
- Last Logged In: 18 Oct 2015
- Sex: Female
- Can Travel To: Lewisham, Southwark
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am a dedicated tutor who will offer you support in tutor times and throughout the week. I am reliable and loyal to my students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am an English Specialist Teacher. I tutor 11+ English and Verbal Reasoning preparation (read my article Six Steps to 11Plus Success),Dyslexia specialist literacy programmes to Primary and Secondary ages (read my article How to Support Your Dyslexic Child) , GCSE English Language and Literature, A Level English Literature
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Degree in English (2.1) from Loughborough University and a PGCE in English from Leicester University in the secondary phase of education. I also have a Special Needs Teaching Diploma in the primary phase of education specialising in the teaching of literacy throughout the primary years.I am qualified to diagnose Dyslexia and Dyspraxia.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have twenty three years experience as a teacher and private tutor. I am currently working in an outstanding selective Independent school with students aged 11 to 18 years. My current role is Head of Learning Support and teacher of English. As a Specialist Teacher I offer training to other teachers, especially in teaching students with specific learning difficulties.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 per hour up to GCSE level. I charge £40 per hour at GCSE and £45 per hour at A Level. For travelling expenses an increase of £5 per hour will be charged.
- Where do you teach?
- I mainly tutor from home where I have access to a wealth of resources and ICT programmes in a spacious, tidy and organised study. I live in Eltham (SE9). Most of my Tutees also live in Eltham, although others come from Sidcup and Bexley. My 11Plus Tutees are preparing for the North West Kent and Bexley Tests, as well as entry to St Olave's Grammar School and Newstead Woods. I also tutor for entrance to Dulwich College, Colfe's, Eltham College and the GDST High Schools. I occasionally travel to tutees in Dulwich, Sydenham, Forest Hill and Bromley after school, as this ties in with my work schedule.
- When are you available?
- Evenings and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Key Stages 2,3,4, & 5 (Primary and secondary) 11+ preparation for English and verbal reasoning. GCSE and A Level English Language and Literature.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11+ Common entrance exams GCSE A Level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up to date CRB and currently work in a very successful Independent school. I have recently worked in an outstanding state school.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I will tutor online via email.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- PATOSS - Dyslexia Specialist Organisation I am currently licenced to diagnose Dyslexia and Dyspraxia and have insurance with Patoss.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Loughborough University - English Degree Leicester University - PGCE English Orpington College - SEN Diploma
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently tutor Year 4 and 5 students for 11+ preparation in English and Verbal Reasoning Key Stage 3 English students following tailor made dyslexia friendly programmes EDEXCEL and IGCSE English Language and Literature (new syllabus) AQA GCSE English Language and Literature 2010 syllabus AQA English Literature A Level B syllabus. I will tutor any syllabus as long as I am familiar with the texts being studied.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- If you are struggling with any aspect of English, or exam preparation, spend some time with a tutor if you can. After just a few weeks you will see a big improvement and feel a lot more confident.
Six Steps to 11 Plus Success 1. Initial Assessment When I first meet you and your child I will discuss at length your hopes and concerns. I will then assess your child using a range of reputable literacy tests which will give me accurate information on the following: Spelling (including spelling age) Single word reading (including reading...
Information for Parents Dyslexic children are often sensitive children who are aware that they struggle to acquire literacy skills. They may lack confidence and will make comparisons between themselves and their peers. They often have significant difficulties with memory and organisation and will struggle with retaining instructions. When...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: