Find UK Tuition
Malcolm - Piano Tuition in SW London (Battersea, Tooting, Streatham, Clapham & Wandsworth)
- MA, BA
- Cert ED (Music) PG Cert Ed Studies QTS F Col T FGMS
- Advanced CRB
- ISM professional register teachers
- References are available upon request
- I'm on Google+
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am passionate about music education and believe that every student is unique and deserves the very best in teaching care and support.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Piano and music theory/musicianship
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA,BA,Cert Ed, PG Cert ED Studies.FColT,FRSA. Currently undertaking doctoral research into music education at IOE,University of London.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 30 years teaching experience and still loving it and the journey of discovery each day.
- How much do you charge?
- £13 half hour lesson, £19 for 1 hour lesson. Happy to take 2 children together for the price of one.
- Where do you teach?
- SW11 Battersea,Tooting, Streatham, Clapham & Wandsworth, Crystal Palace,Dulwich,Norwood. Willing to travel provided easily reached on public transport.
Lessons in your own home are at no additional cost.
- When are you available?
- I broadly follow the school academic year but open to other times. Weekends, lessons before or after School hours and lessons in your own home (no extra cost)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Youngest so far 3 oldest 81! Mostly 6 upwards (many adult students)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I use London College of Music,Trinity & Associated Board and have had students reading Open University Music Degrees.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an advanced CRB cert (conditional requirement to be listed by ISM Professional teaching register) also one with Wandsworth Council.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Theory by e mail/post. Have Skype but not had occasion to use it for this yet!
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Incorporated Society of Musicians
European Music Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Studied Southampton University with Jonathan Rees Williams,then postgraduate studies with Sir George Thalben -Ball,(Temple Church,London )Dr Christopher Dearnley,(St. Paul's Cathedral),Professor Gordon Phillips (London College of Music),Professor Arthur Hutchings (University of Durham).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- 4 Oxbridge music scholars to date. 87% of students during past 11 years have gained merit or distinction passes in examinations.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Every one has the ability to play a musical instrument and to understand music theory. Age is not a barrier.
Send a message to Malcolm Gullis
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Reading music is not difficult. First focus on the treble clef notes that fall into the spaces. Going from bottom to top they spell the word FACE. Once you know these you can use them to discover the names of the notes that fall on the lines. Thus who lives between A and C - a note called B! When you know all of the treble clef notes you can...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: