Find UK Tuition
M Richards - Common Entrance, Maths, Science, Physics, Chemistry, Tuition in Wimbledon
- BA (hons) Physics/Computer Science - A-Levels Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths
- PGCE - University of Reading
- Current CRB held
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I have experience teaching maths to all ages and abilities (since graduating in 2005).
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- GCSE - Maths, Physics
A Level - Maths, Physics, Further Maths (Modules - C1-4 FP1, FP2, M1-3, S1, S2)
Grammar school entrance exams.
11 plus (common entrance)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold A levels in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths (all at grade A). From this I know the best way to prepare for these exams and have the knowledge to help you succeed in them also.
I have a postgraduate teaching qualification from University of Reading.
I have a degree BA (Hons) from University of Cambridge in computer science.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over two years working as a full time teacher.
I have tutored students since graduating in 2005.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 ph + additional travel charges if over 3 miles.
In general, I tailor my services for the tutee, please call me for a chat.
- Where do you teach?
- I can tutor from home (I live in a 3 bedroom house with living room), in Wimbledon (SW19). The closest tube is South Wimbledon which is a 10 minute walk.
Most tutees are based a maximum 10 minute drive from me.
- When are you available?
- regular sessions on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
School holiday revision sessions (fully available).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages 11-18 years.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSEs, A Levels, Entrance exams - Oxbridge, 11 +, 11Plus.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have a full CRB certificate (which I always bring to the first session).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online over skype. I have webcam facilities and a microphone - I charge a reduced rate for this style of tuition, as I have no travelling costs.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Fully qualified teacher (GTCE).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Postgraduate at University of Reading.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are located in south west london, and are studying for GCSEs or A Levels. They are all aged 11-18 years. I am tutoring them Maths and Science.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I've been tutoring pupils for several years since graduating in 2005. This is one of the things that inspired me to take a PGCE course and become a fully qualified teacher. I am based in Wimbledon, but can travel to other areas within 10 miles (by car). I like to personalise my tuition sessions by finding out the details of what the student is working towards, before I come for my first session. I am happy to run an initial trial session, and payment is made on a per session basis, so if it's not beneficial for you then there are no commitments.
Although, I can tutor to a very advanced level, I have experience teaching all ages and abilities. For me it's clear that the people coming to me, need help and support with the subject....if everyone was a maths genius then tuition wouldn't exist!
Send a message to Martin Richards
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
It may seem that there is a lot of secrecy and rumour surrounding the examination procedure into Oxbridge. Even this term "Oxbridge" is sometimes not full understood by many people, but from my point of view much of this is easily explained. I personally went through the process of applying and gaining entry to Oxbridge, in 2002 and have a...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: