Find UK Tuition
Matthew Linley - Composition, A-level/GCSE Music Tuition in Central/ East London
Matthew Linley Silver Member
- East London (E11) View on map
- Last Logged In: 19 Apr 2014
- Sex: Male
- Can Travel To: EC EN IG N SE
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
- BA (Music) First-class from Oxford University
- MMUS (Composition) from London University
- DBS checked
- References are available upon request
- I'm on Google+
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Classically-trained composer, drummer, and pianist based in East London. I enjoy passing on the musical experience I have to all ages/levels and believe teaching should be fun and creative!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I specialize in teaching music Composition/theory, especially for GCSE. I also teach drum kit to all levels and abilities, as well as Piano from beginner to intermediate level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA in Music from Oriel College, Oxford University
MMUS (composition) from Goldsmiths College, London University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- As a teacher I have over 15 years experience working privately as well as in schools and colleges. As a performer and composer I have 25 years experience within many different musical contexts. I currently play drums and keyboards in my own band (for which I also compose and produce all the music), as well as in several other groups. I am also an examiner for Trinity College of Music.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour for most subjects.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home in Leytonstone or locally in Walthamstow and Wanstead, but can also travel within east or Central London - Waltham Forest, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Redbridge etc
- When are you available?
- I am available all day up to 8pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Trinity, Guildhall, ABRSM, Rock School, GCSE and A LEVEL
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am DBS checked. I am also happy for parents to sit in during lessons.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to discuss alternative teaching arrangements that suit the student.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- PRS/ MCPS
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently helping lots of students with their GCSE composition and listening papers. I also have many piano and drumkit pupils.
I like to emphasise the importance of playing with other musicians as soon as possible when teaching drums. Not only is making music in a group a lot of fun; but it also teaches the drummer vey quickly what their principal role is: keeping time! This can be practised by playing along to songs on an Ipod or a click, but nothing beats having to...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: