Find UK Tuition
Sarah - English, Literacy, Essay Writing Tuition in Guildford, Woking, Farnham, Camberley, Surrey
Sarah Wiesendanger Gold Member
- Ash Vale (GU12) View on map
- Last Logged In: 15 Mar 2016
- Sex: Female
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
- B.A. English, University of Bristol; Psychotherapy accreditation, Human Givens Institute
- Postgraduate diploma, University of Surrey
- Recent CRB check for Cruse Bereavement
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- It's important to me to create good rapport with my students because I know that people learn best when they are relaxed and confident, and, as well as maximising my pupils' potential, I am keen to foster in them a deep love of my subjects.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English language and literature, and Psychology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a B.A. in English from the University of Bristol, and a postgraduate diploma from the University of Surrey, as well as from the Centre for counselling and Psychotherapy Education. I shall be completing an MSc in Psychology in 2016.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught children as young as 3 years old right through to A level and I.B. level, as well as writing and teaching at undergraduate level, during a career spanning 20 years.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 an hour up to, and through, Key Stage 3. For GCSE level: £35; A level/I.B.: £40. These fees are for teaching from my home. I charge extra for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to work both from home in Ash Green which is close to both Guildford, Woking, Farnham and Camberley, and also to travel up to ten miles to students' homes.
- When are you available?
- I am available weekdays throughout the day and evening, as well as at the weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach anyone from 5 years old right the way through the education system and into adulthood!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am happy to prepare pupils for both GCSE and A level/I.B.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have a CRB certificate that was issued 10 months ago.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to work with students online via Skype, with homework being submitted and marked via email.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I firmly believe that everyone is able to be proficient in any subject with which they choose to engage. There is so much to be gained from being able to communicate well through the written word, and so much joy, as well as wisdom, to be got from books and poetry. It's all well worth the effort!
English literature is such a wonderful subject to study because it teaches so much; important skills such as persuasive argument, concise and creative self-expression, detailed analysis and evaluation, subtle discernment, and clear thinking. It's the development of these attributes that makes a good English A level such a valued qualification...
"You have a warm and easy manner, natural empathy, and are totally committed. Your clients are lucky to have them with you."
- Emma Roberts
"Sarah is amazing. Right from the start Sarah ensures that it is all about you and what you want."
- Sheila French
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages