Find UK Tuition
Biology Chemistry Tutor Wirral, Merseyside
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am a very experienced secondary school teacher, having taught in both the private and state sectors. I am also an A level examiner. I prepare students for both Chemistry and Biology A levels.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach both A level Biology and Chemistry. I use my teaching knowledge to ensure the specification is covered and all examination questions are practiced.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Pharmacology giving me an excellent knowledge of both Biology and Chemistry. I also have a PGCE in secondary school science.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a very experienced secondary school teacher have taught in both the private and state sector for 15 years. I am also an A level examiner and have an excellent working knowledge of various exam boards including AQA OCR and Edexcel.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 for an individual lesson. I do also offer revision sessions in small groups nearer to the exams/modules. The groups will have no more than 3 students in each session and are for 2-4 hours to enable me to go through exam papers and technique.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home. I am based on the Wirral very close to the M53 motorway. Students travel to me from all over the Wirral and also from Chester and Liverpool. I have a dedicated study room with all the available resources to hand. I use a range of interactive media, as well as the more traditional resources to ensure sessions are suited to different learning styles. I have a interactive whiteboard and all the relevant resources to ensure lessons are interactive and relevant.
- When are you available?
- I tutor every evening between 3pm and 8pm and all day Saturday. I run additional sessions in the school holidays to accomodate any forthcoming examinations.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach A level (Years 12-13). students and university students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for A Level Biology and Chemistry.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a valid CRB.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Institute of Leadership and Management. I am a fully qualified teacher.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at Liverpool University and have taught in schools across Cheshire and Wirral.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently tutor over 50 students. I am preparing them for A level qualifications. I tailor my sessions to them individually, to ensure they achieve the very best results.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I fully appreciate the importance of achieving the very best grades at A level. I feel my experience as an established teacher and as an experienced examiner, enables me to help students achieve this. I enjoy working with them to help them to learn in an informative and constructive environment. Through well prepared sessions, I have helped many students improve their grades and achieve their full potential.
Send a message to Anna Beahon
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
If you are studying AQA Biology at A level, I find the Nelson Thornes AQA Biology books particulary good. They are endorsed by AQA and as a result, they follow the specification in a very clear manner. They are very closely aligned to the examination, to the extend that a recent examination question could have been lifted straight from the...
File Size: 1.97MB
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in:
- Nigel Straney - A-level Chemistry Tutor
- Patricia 56 - A-level Maths Tutor
- Mark H - A-level Physics Tutor
- C Sibley - A-level Chemistry Tutor
- Patrick Jemmer - GCSE Applied Science Tutor
- Dr Martine Hooper - A-level Chemistry Tutor
- Katherine Stiles - A-level Biology Tutor
- Wendy Strange - A-level Chemistry Tutor
- Greg - A-level Maths Tutor
- Thomas Wigley - GCSE Chemistry Tutor