Find UK Tuition
A-level Business Studies Tutors / A-level Business Studies Tuition in Worcester
Read more about A-level Business Studies
Compare A-level Business Studies Tutors in Worcester (Worcestershire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider A-level Business Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to Worcester (Worcestershire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for A-level Business Studies Tutor jobs in the Worcester (Worcestershire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in WR postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Emmanuel Aluko, CFA, MBA, MSc||London, NW1|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||London, NW1|
|Bob Carroll||Bristol, BS15|
|Fletcher||Aylesbury, Bucks, HP21|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Veronica Pereira||Hounslow, TW3|
|Philip Goldney||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Mike Dowling||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Shafiq Fakir||London, W1U|
|Kamal G||London, UB7|
|Tom Haggerty||York, YO51|
|Francis Cubitt||Newbury, RG14|
|Soheb Alam||Enfield, EN3|
|Phil Richardson||Wimborne, Dorset, BH21|
|Anna Kendrick||Llandrindod Wells, LD1|
|Andrew Freer||Birmingham, B73|
|Steve2014||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Peter Adey||Manchester, M28|
|Mr Rugless||Bromley, BR2|
|Hasina Begum||Birmingham, B6|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Nnenna A||Ilford, IG1|
|Anisha Thomas||London, W85|
|Dr Kiran Kamat||London, W5|
|Robert Denison||Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Business Studies
- Personal Message
- I am a respected, qualified and experienced professional with a record of success at school and with individual students. I am passionate about improving understanding and performance, aiming to work with you to meet your individual learning needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My results are frequently in or above the top 10% of the country. I have worked with and for most of the major exam boards and advise local schools on how to deliver their economics courses.
I teach GCSE and A level Economics for all exam boards. GCSE and A level Business for all exam boards.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Economics from Birmingham University 2.1 (Hons) and a PGCE in Economics and Business from Warwick University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- In my experience exam preparation and technique is of vital importance. My aim to maximise individual grade potential through knowledge of the exam and theory, it is vital that a student is well prepared going into an examination.
I currently teach all the GCSE, AS and A2 Economics at my school as well as teaching A level Business. I work for three major exam boards, CIE international for GCSE and AS papers, (Econ) OCR AS and AQA for A2. In addition I have experience of tutoring all exam boards at both AS and A2 and have tutored first year undergraduates from the University of Aston. I have over twelve years experience in teaching, and eight years of experience working with examination boards.
- How much do you charge?
- My fees are variable depending on the subjects and levels required. The first introductory one to one lesson is half of my usual fee as students (and parents) need to have the confidence that I am able to deliver their individual needs. If substantial travel is required a fee can be charged or I may request a lesson to be longer than the usual 1 hour. A good alternative is Skype (Yes I was skeptical at first too!)
Discounts are available for group lessons. As an individual student please contact me as to when the Skype group sessions are running and you can have access to this great resource. Recent feedback on these type of lessons is very encouraging. All students new or existing can attend group sessions for 50% of the fee for a one to one lesson.
I also am available for tuition through Skype/email for exam scripts, offering accurate marking/grading, feedback and suggestions for improvement.
I also am available for essay advice etc and am willing to negotiate on an individual basis.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Sutton Coldfield,Birmingham. I have taught all over the UK and internationally through Skype.
- When are you available?
- Evenings and weekends. During school holidays I can be more flexible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages 14-18 for GCSE and A level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for GCSE's and A levels in the main, Economics and Business. I have also experience at tutoring first year under graduates. I have experience in preparing students in Key Stage 2 and 3 Maths
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have and am happy to produce any evidence required during the first session.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype one to one and group Skype. Having had experience with all exam boards AQA, Edexcel, OCR, CIE at both GCSE and A level economics and also examination work with four of the five listed I am in a good position to tutor students across the world. I have tutored through Skype in the UAE and in the UK where distance is an issue and had plenty of success. I also have had good success with group sessions over Skype and recent feedback has been very positive (You do not need to provide the 'group') I strongly believe that online tuition is a very good option for all parties when distance is an issue and you can still access an experienced professional and examiner through this medium.
I offer group lessons on Skype which I will go through exam technique and essay questions and often find that exam performance can improve through this medium as it shows how an examiner would approach the questions which is often a difficult area for students to grasp. As an individual looking for a group lesson then please contact me regarding lesson times, this is an excellent opportunity to close gaps in knowledge and hone examination skills.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- GTC-General Teaching Council
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Warwick University Economics and Business PGCE.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I now tutor in the UAE through the internet and this has been a real eye opener for me as I was at first very skeptical about the reliability of this method and my concern is always surrounding the quality of the service. However I have found this medium as effective and in fact more time efficient for students even local ones who have difficulty travelling! The interesting piece of feedback from a student in the UAE is that you can access the best quality of service wherever you are,
I am currently tutoring GCSE, A level and IB students.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It is important realise that tutoring is a two way process. In my experience a tutee improves, on average, between one and two grades with one on one help. I have seen students go from an E to an A with the right support and motivation, your progress is in your own hands once the guidance is in place. I am extremely motivated to improve your performance and to support your requirements, please contact me to see how I can help.
I look forward to hearing from you. Please follow me on twitter @baldeconomist and get access to articles that may help with your extra reading.
Send a message to Andrew Freer
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more