Find UK Tuition
A-level Business Studies Tutors / A-level Business Studies Tuition in Worcester
Read more about A-level Business Studies
Compare A-level Business Studies Tutors in Worcester (Worcestershire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider A-level Business Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to Worcester (Worcestershire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for A-level Business Studies Tutor jobs in the Worcester (Worcestershire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in WR postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to WR
|Gemma Thompson||Birmingham, B63|
|Fletcher||Aylesbury, Bucks, HP21|
|Emmanuel Aluko, CFA, MBA, MSc||London, NW1|
|Steve2014||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Hasina Begum||Birmingham, B6|
|Anna Kendrick||Llandrindod Wells, LD1|
|Mr Rohit C||Midlands / London, B31|
|Dr Kiran Kamat||London, W5|
|Phil Richardson||Wimborne, Dorset, BH21|
|Soheb Alam||Enfield, EN3|
|Mr Rugless||Bromley, BR2|
|Abdullah||North West London, NW10|
|Bob Carroll||Bristol, BS15|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Peter Adey||Manchester, M28|
|Madeline Cranfield||Epsom, KT20|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Emmanuel Itoje CFA IMC BSc.||Canary Wharf, E1|
|Veronica Pereira||Hounslow, TW3|
|Mrs A Geeson||Bristol, BS9|
|Master Learning UK||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Robert Denison||Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE6|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Kamal G||London, UB7|
|Lois Johnston||Harrow, HA2|
|Francis Cubitt||Reading, RG7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Business Studies
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced teacher and examiner who has in-depth knowledge of Business Studies and Economics, but more importantly understands how students can be guided to improve their exam performance.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I have mostly taught 16-19 year old students on Level 3 courses such as A Level Business Studies, A Level Economics and BTEC Business Studies. From my 22 years of teaching I have experienced a range of specifications and gained great depth in my knowledge and understanding of the examination process.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc (Hons) Economics and Geography - Oxford Brookes University. 1990
PGCE in Secondary Education - University of Leeds. 1992
MSc in Enterprise, Environment and Place - University of Birmingham. 2010
- What kind of experience do you have?
- After completing my first degree I spent a year in Oxford where I worked full time for two well known tutorial colleges, teaching A Level Economics. I then undertook my teacher training and have now been a qualified teacher for over 20 years. I have taught mostly in Further Education colleges, being responsible for both A Level Business Studies and A Level Economics courses. I have taught and tutored students studying for AQA, OCR and Edexcel exams.
Twelve years ago I started working as an examiner in A Level Business Studies, firstly for AQA and now for OCR and the University of Cambridge International A Levels.
I have attended numerous subject support meetings offered by the AQA and OCR exam boards in both Business Studies and Economics and have recently published two articles in the A Level magazine 'Business Review' (Philip Allan Publishers).
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per hour for AS/A2 Business Studies/Economics.
Lessons are usually an hour in length. The initial lesson will include an in-depth consultation of the student's needs.
Additional fees may be payable for journeys where the average time to destination exceeds 25 minutes.
Discounts are available for group lessons.
If you have any further questions about the price, please ask via the email link.
I will prepare each tutorial around the student's individual needs and ensure that they receive follow-on activities to complete at home and build confidence in their ability.
Any assessed work (homework or mock exams) will not incur additional cost.
I happy to offer one-off tutorials for students who do not require on-going support. For example, I can mark and give feedback for students attempting past papers.
- Where do you teach?
- Lessons most often take place at the student's home, but I have a study for use in my home or I can meet students in a public place such as a library. Locations towards west Birmingham, Halesowen, Stourbridge and Dudley are all easily accessible for me but I may travel further (please ask).
- When are you available?
- Currently I am available for tutoring on Tuesdays10am-2.30pm, Wednesdays 1-2.30pm, Thursdays 10am- 2pm and Fridays 1-2.30 and 4.30-8.30. I do not have any availability at the weekend. (Updated February 2014).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I mostly teach 16-19 year old students but also teach adults on Access, HND and first year Degree courses.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am in possession of a CRB disclosure certificate specifically for tuition purposes which is dated 'September 2012'. I will present this at the initial consultation.
I also have a DBS Certificate for voluntary work dated 'December 2013'.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not tutor online.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My teacher training took place at the University of Leeds, where I undertook my teaching practice at a large 11-18 comprehensive.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- In the last year I have tutored a student who needed support as a private candidate (was not being taught the subject at school/college). This student achieved a grade B at A2 (Edexcel Business Studies and Economics) with an hour a week of tuition and on sitting the two A2 papers for the first and only time.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Sometimes reaching a certain level of achievement just takes a little extra time and effort.