Find UK Tuition
A-level Physics Tutors / A-level Physics Tuition in Hemel Hempstead
Read more about A-level Physics
Compare A-level Physics Tutors in Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider A-level Physics Tuition from tutors who can travel to Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for A-level Physics Tutor jobs in the Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in HP postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to HP
|Lee Knowles||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Dr Alan Gray||Edinburgh, EH11|
|Mr M Bury||London North West, NW2|
|Dr John Hudson||Radlett, WD7|
|Jay||Radlett, WD AREAS, WD7|
|Dr Emma Morgan||Cambridge, CB2|
|Deep Lidder||London, W8|
|Andrew Gibson||Nottingham, NG3|
|Dr Freeman||Edinburgh, EH7|
|Alan Evans||Brentwood, CM14|
|Chris M.||Holloway, N7|
|Ben Hanson||Halifax, W Yorks, HX5|
|Jeel Shah||Wembley, HA0|
|Camilo Tirado||North London, E8|
|Graham Richardson||South East London, DA14|
|Paul Bains||Ealing, UB10|
|Dr James Deeny||Bermondsey, London, SE8|
|Daniel Hill||Wandsworth, London, SW17|
|Dr Parikh||Oxfordshire, OX1|
|Soheb Alam||Enfield, EN3|
|Helen Wallace||London, SW7|
|A John Clare||Kingston on Thames, KT4|
|Mark H||South Shropshire, SY8|
|Elanor Bennett||Surbiton, KT5|
|Peter Swain||Bournemouth, BH2|
|Lottie Greenhow||Bedford, MK40|
|Dr Roberta Donato||Borehamwood, WD6|
|Surefire Dan||Stanmore, NW11|
|Tim the Tutor||East Grinstead, RH19|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
|Aly||Central London, SW7|
|Michael M.||Twickenham /R'mond, TW2|
|Dr Andrew Levick||Hampton, TW12|
|Francis Norman||Plymouth, Devon, PL7|
|Victor Bluett||Sutton, Surrey, SM2|
|Martin Richards||Wimbledon, SW19|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, Fife, KY12|
|Dr Paul Kilkenny||Bromley, BR1|
|Peter Adey||Manchester, M28|
|Dr Zac||London, SW18|
|Dr Gansham Halai||Kingston, KT7|
|Samuel Thewlis||Bridgwater, TA6|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Wenn Humphreys||Manchester, M15|
|Cherif Makhlaf||North East London, E17|
|Ken Wilkinson||Bristol, BS9|
|Dr C Maselkowski||Oxfordshire, OX12|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Dr. Wasim Akber||London, SW1X|
|Lyndsay Baker||Banbury, OX16|
|Dr John Hudson||Radlett, WD7|
|Learn Smart Online||Stevenage, SG1|
|Dr Alice Crawford||Greater London, IG8|
|Dr Alan Gray||Edinburgh, EH11|
|Dr Gordon Braddock||Emsworth, Hants, PO10|
|Dr. Gerard||Warwickshire, CV34|
|Stathis Stefanidis, Director||Chiswick, W4|
|Michelle Cheung||London, SW7|
|Josh Telford||London, SE24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Physics
- Personal Message
- I am a highly experienced and skilled tutor offering quality online tuition in physics and maths. With the use of today's latest technology, online tuition is now the most effective option. Advantages include the ability to fully record each lesson.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Physics and Maths
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My qualifications include:
* Ph.D. Theoretical Particle Physics, The University of Glasgow (2003) - Thesis won UK-wide Ogden Prize
* 1st Class MSci Physics and Mathematics Degree, The University of Glasgow (2000)
* Higher Physics (Scottish equivalent to A-level): Grade A (1996)
* Higher Mathematics (Scottish equivalent to A-level): Grade A (1996)
* Standard Grade Physics (Scottish equivalent to GSCE): Grade 1 (1995)
* Standard Grade Mathematics (Scottish equivalent to GSCE): Grade 1 (1995)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- In my day job I work as an academic researcher & lecturer within the School of Physics at The University of Edinburgh, where I specialise in the area of scientific computing using supercomputers. I have taught and tutored extensively throughout my career.
I have a very deep understanding of physics and maths myself, but I know that that is not enough. The key skill of any tutor is the ability to explain information to the student such that they are able to grasp it. I am proud of my ability to tune in to the student, no matter how tricky they find the subject, and tailor my explanations and guidance accordingly. My experience ranges from helping my young daughter with primary school work all the way to helping mature students with complex problems.
I tailor my tutoring to each individual student, based on a combination of their preferences and my own observations. I thoroughly enjoy tutoring, and am proud that I was recently nominated for a teaching award by students.
For links to my full professional bio and, as an aside, to see me explain how to simulate ice cream (of all things!) using a supercomputer on American TV, please see my web site (link above) and click on "Meet the tutor".
- How much do you charge?
- The fee per one-hour lesson is £35. This includes the full cycle including question setting, marking and preparation, not just the lesson itself. This procedure is designed to ensure that the one-to-one contact time is as high quality as possible. For more information, please see my web site (link above) and click on "Online Tuition".
If you decide, after the first lesson, that you don't want to continue, I will fully refund the cost of this lesson.
I will be more than happy to have a chat and demonstrate the online technology, free of charge, before any lessons commence.
- Where do you teach?
- I mainly teach online. With today's technology, there is no need to travel!
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE, A-level, Standard Grade, National 5, Higher, Advanced Higher
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up-to-date disclosure certificate.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- * High quality virtual classroom software (much more effective than Skype).
* Personal tutee website where resources and meetings are organised.
* Full recording capability, with video posted to tutee website after meeting (optional).
Please see my web site (link above) and click on "Online Tuition" for full information.