Find UK Tuition
Adult Literacy/ Numeracy Tutors / Adult Literacy/ Numeracy Tuition in York
Read more about Adult Literacy/ Numeracy
Compare Adult Literacy/ Numeracy Tutors in York (North Yorkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Adult Literacy/ Numeracy Tuition from tutors who can travel to York (North Yorkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Adult Literacy/ Numeracy Tutor jobs in the York (North Yorkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in YO postcode
|Richard Brassington||York, YO26|
Tutors travelling to YO
|Sorry no tutors found|
|IanSwift - Maths Tutor||Leicester, LE9|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Carol Robinson||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Naz Sekerkiran||Brighton & Hove, BN2|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB3|
|Jill Barnett||Newcastle, NE6|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Dr Steven Naylor||Disley, Cheshire, SK12|
|Laura Pasternack||Ealing, W3|
|Mrs N Fleet||Purley, CR8|
|Teresa Hoy||Croydon, CR2|
|Barbara Tremain||Penzance, TR20|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Louisa Gray||West London, TW7|
|Colin Beveridge||Poole, DT4|
|Gloria Deih-Collison||Hounslow, TW4|
|Sandra Harris||Kingsbury, NW9|
|Katy Laigh||Montreal, Canada, WC1|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Dr Seraphin||London, WC1H|
|Stephen Challis||Brighton, BN2|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Adult Literacy/ Numeracy
- Personal Message
- Want to brush up your skills or start from scratch? Whatever level or duration, I am the tutor for you! My aim is to help you to help yourself - with lots of enthusiasm, encouragement, fun & laughter.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I help adults to improve their literacy and numeracy skills, and I teach French and German for business or pleasure, English as a Foreign Language, Acoustic Phonetics for language-learning and "Learning that LASTS" (a week-long course on how to help teachers make their programmes more learner-centred - based on the work of Jane Vella). I also facilitate parenting courses.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Apart from "O" and "A" levels, I have an upper second class honours degree in French and German, a PGCE, a TESOL qualification from Bradford College and a CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) in 2011, an RSA qualification in Literacy and Numeracy tuition and certificates in linguistics. I also have a current enhanced CRB Enhanced Disclosure certificate.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught EFL part-time to individuals and groups at different levels for a number of years, including at the English Language Centre in York (www.elcyork.com). I have taught mainly French to individuals and to evening classes, also in York - including to some employees of Nestle relocating to Switzerland. In High Wycombe I have taught Phonetics, TESOL and "Learning that LASTS" for the European Training Programme (www.eurotp.org.uk).
- How much do you charge?
- My basic fee per hour is £25, but the first half hour is free (to try it out) unless it is a one-off lesson. If you have some friends who want to come along, just add them at only £5 extra per person. If I come to you, I will need to charge £1 per mile for petrol and time.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in Acomb, York, but I am willing to travel to other areas of York and the surrounding area by negotiation. I can also teach via Skype.
- When are you available?
- At the moment I am available weekdays any time, and Saturday mornings. I am also available some evenings by negotiation.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach any age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for the FCE and CAE exams and IELTS. I do not offer GCSE French or German.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an enhanced CRB disclosure certificate dated 11 August 2010.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am willing to give some additional guidance by phone and email, to supplement face-to-face lessons. In addition, I can give Skype lessons.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained for my degree at Huddersfield University, for my PGCE at the University of York and for my CELTA at the English Language Centre, York.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current one-to-one student is Abdullah, who is from Saudi Arabia. He is an expert in Arabic and is at Upper Intermediate level. We worked together in York, and have continued lessons by Skype now he has returned to Saudi Arabia. He was studying at a language school, and enjoyed complementing this with a focus on particular aspects of English that he found difficult, and catching up on lessons that he missed. He particularly appreciated working at his own pace, rather than the pace of the other students.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes - remember the saying "Those who never made a mistake never made anything!" Persevere, don't take yourself too seriously, and enjoy the language-learning process.
Send a message to Richard Brassington
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more