Find UK Tuition
Chamber Music Coaches / Chamber Music Coaching in Oldham
Read more about Chamber Music
Compare Chamber Music Coaches in Oldham (Lancashire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Chamber Music Coaching from tutors who can travel to Oldham (Lancashire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Chamber Music Coaches jobs in the Oldham (Lancashire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in OL postcode
|Melanie Jones||Mossley, OL5|
Tutors travelling to OL
|Diane Hammond MMus||Manchester, M3|
|Matt Krening||Manchester, M5|
|Fiona Bassett||Manchester, M15|
|Adam Szabo||Manchester, M20|
|Aisling Maguire||Manchester, M20|
|Jess Hall||Manchester, M20|
|Lucy Payne||Manchester, M21|
|Rhiannon James||Manchester, M14|
|Esther Hayden||Hertfordshire, AL3|
|Kylie Nesbit||London, E15|
|Miguel Rodriguez||East Ham, E6|
|Tom Taffinder BMus DipABRSM||Cardiff, CF10|
|Jun Piano Lessons||Kensington High St, W8|
|Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor||Brighton, BN2|
|Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers||South London, SW2|
|H Mclatchie||London, W3|
|Tom Gamble||London, SE3|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Victoria Walker||Forest Hill, SE26|
|David Roode||Ealing, W13|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Akiko Ishikawa||Kilburn, London, NW2|
|Ms Olga Jegunova||London, W2|
|Ashok Klouda||North London, N6|
|Edgar Cardoso||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
|Rory Cartmell||Charlton, SE7|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Ella Rundle||London, SE15|
|Emilio Saev||WINDSOR, SL4|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Liviu Popescu||Dudley, DY1|
|Radhika de Saram||Hampstead, NW3|
|Aya Watanabe||Honor oak park, SE23|
|Harriet Stubbs||London, SW11|
|Rocío Bolanos||LONDON, SW1|
|Anna Quiroga||Kensington, W12|
|Ariel Lang||London, NW1|
|Patrick Johnson||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Natalie Watson||London, NW10|
|Jordan Bowron||London, E17|
|Matt Mockford||Cardiff, CF5|
|Lucy Payne||Manchester, M21|
|Mardyah Tucker||Walthamstow, E17|
|Sofia Sarmento||Birmingham, B3|
|Daniel Broncano||North London, N15|
|Peter Mallinson||Chesham, HP5|
|James Buckle||London, SE1|
|Sarah Moffatt||Croydon, CR0|
|Triona||South East London, SE23|
|Damon Flanagan||greenwich,charlton, SE7|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Gabor Somfai||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Axelle Porret||London, SE17|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Chamber Music
- Personal Message
- Music is fulfilling and rewarding. We get a lot of positive things from making music; it is fun, challenging, expressive, therapeutic, relaxing, character building... to say the least.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Fiore Music Centre (Mossley, Tameside):
This is a new centre I am setting up to begin in/around the Summer 2014. Classes will be on offer for parents and children aged 4 plus on Sundays, and will focus on Singing and Moving to Music. Please see my website for full details.
Cello (Beginner to Advanced)
Piano (Beginner to ABRSM Grade 4)
Musicianship (one to one lessons using the Kodaly/Dalcroze Methods)
Special Needs Music (from age 5 with parent/carer)
Violin (Beginner to ABRSM Grade 2)
Early Years Music (under age 5 with parent/carer)
Music Theory (Grades 1 - 5)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Bachelor of Music with Honours (Royal Northern College of Music, UK) 2004
Master of Music (San Francisco Conservatory, USA) 2007
Teaching Certificate in Music Together (Berkeley, USA) 2006
Colourstrings Teaching Certificate (Surrey, UK) 2012
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I first began teaching when I was sixteen years old; I was assisting Professor Anna Shuttleworth (student of Casals) on two cello courses – helping during technique classes and giving one to one lessons to ages 8 – 12. I have been teaching consistently since 2005.
- 2005: Fellowship to teach at the Bowdoin International Music Festival in Maine, USA alongside being a festival participant.
- 2005 to 2008: I taught for the San Francisco Conservatory's ‘CIS Program’ (Cello & Strings)
- Summer 2006: Palo Alto Chamber Orchestra Summer Festival (Aptos, California)
- 2007 to 2008: California State University East Bay (Principal Cello and Cello/Bass section coach)
- 2005 to 2008: Private lessons and semi-private lessons (San Francisco)
- Summer 2008: Served as a Preliminary Phase Judge for the Pacific Musical Society (San Francisco)
- 2005 to 2008 member of the San Francisco Academy Orchestra, an ensemble consisting of SF Symphony members and SF Conservatory Alumni
- 2009 - 2011: Teacher of Strings and Musicianship (vocal & moving to music) for Tameside Music Service
- 2008 - 2013: Cello, Piano and Theory teacher for the Sheffield Music Academy, a Saturday music school for ages 8 to 18
- 2012 to Present: Cello Teacher at the University of Liverpool (Bachelor and Master's Degree students)
- 2005 to Present: Private Teacher in 'Cello, Piano, Violin, Early Years, Special Needs Music, Musicianship (Kodaly and Dalcroze Methods), Theory
Style of Teaching:
With all my pupils, I develop their understanding of the musical language (ear and aural training) which instantly supports their instrumental skills, musicality and performance presence. This way their progress becomes smoother and more fulfilling. Some of my students have been special needs children (Autism, Attention Deficit Disorder and Dyslexia) and all have grown positively through Music. I love working with youngsters and adults.
Lessons with me are:
- Positively challenging
In addition to my teaching commitments I also perform as a soloist and chamber musician. I enjoy performing all repertoire from the Baroque to the Contemporary. Other projects I am working on are an album for Children (CD) and a children's book with a musical twist.
- How much do you charge?
- The cost of lessons ranges from £24.00 to £30.00 (per 60 minutes pro rata) depending on what the pupil is looking for.
* Prices for home visits are £22.00 for 30 minutes, £30.00 for 45 minutes, £40.00 for 60 minutes (London).
- Where do you teach?
- I am mobile during school hours to teach children who are educated at home. Areas I cover are: Mossley, Stalybridge & Ashton-Under-Lyne in Tameside, and parts of Oldham - Lancashire and Cheshire.
I also travel to Liverpool to teach - please contact me to see what we can arrange.
The Fiore Music Centre is in Mossley, Tameside (Sunday afternoons) - Lancashire
I teach one-to-one in Mossley and have my own teaching space. It is a clean and secure room in which for he pupil to learn. I have public liability insurance which is provided by the Musicians Union.
- When are you available?
- North West:
Monday to Thursday and Sundays - morning to evening.
Fridays and Saturdays - afternoons and early evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages 5 and upwards. Please see above for the levels I teach.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- - Bachelor of Music Program - University students (exams and performances)
- Master of Music Program - University students (exams and performances)
- Public Concerts (Solo and Ensemble performances)
- ABRSM Board (Instrumental and Theory)
- Trinity Guildhall Board (Instrumental and Theory)
- Auditions (for Orchestras, Festivals, Music Schools)
I am also happy to teach pupils who wish to learn for their own pleasure (without the pressure to take exams)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - I hold an Enhanced DBS certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union - www.musiciansunion.org.uk
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Chethams School of Music (Manchester) 1995 to 1999
Trinity Laban Conservatoire (London) 2000 to 2002
Royal Northern College of Music (Manchester) 2002 to 2004
San Francisco Conservatory of Music (USA) 2005 to 2007
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are aged from 5 and to roughly 70. Some of them are working towards performances, exams and/or auditions and others are learning for pleasure.
Exams and Festivals:
My students have all achieved a minimum of a Merit for formal exams, Highly Commended & Distinctions in Festivals, First Classes & Class 2 Division 1 (University Degree students). One of my students (7 years old) was recently awarded joint first prize with a 16 year old in the Cheshire Arts Festival in May this year.
Twice per year I organise a concert at a local church for my students to perform in. Everybody is given the choice as to whether they want to perform or not and so far all my students have shown enthusiasm and performed (age 5 years plus).
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Being educated in the musical language and being given the chance to learn an instrument changed my world from the beginning. For me, Music has given me endless fulfillment - it will do the same for you because we all have music inside us.
Send a message to Melanie Jones
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more