Find UK Tuition
Chamber Music Coaches / Chamber Music Coaching in Oldham
Read more about Chamber Music
Compare Chamber Music Coaches in Oldham (Lancashire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Chamber Music Coaching from tutors who can travel to Oldham (Lancashire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Chamber Music Coaches jobs in the Oldham (Lancashire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in OL postcode
|Melanie Jones||Mossley, OL5|
Tutors travelling to OL
|Matt Krening||Manchester, M5|
|Diane Hammond MMus||Manchester, M14|
|Rhiannon James||Manchester, M14|
|Fiona Bassett||Manchester, M16|
|Adam Szabo||Manchester, M20|
|Lucy Payne||Manchester, M20|
|Aya Watanabe||Honor oak park, SE23|
|Liviu Popescu||Dudley, DY1|
|Triona||South East London, SE23|
|Ms Olga Jegunova||London, W2|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
|Tom Taffinder BMus DipABRSM||Cardiff, CF10|
|Patrick Johnson||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Jun Piano Lessons||Kensington High St, W8|
|Miguel Rodriguez||East Ham, E6|
|Damon Flanagan||greenwich,charlton, SE7|
|Boris Bizjak||Blackheath, SE London, SE3|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Ella Rundle||London, SE15|
|Akiko Ishikawa||Kilburn, London, NW2|
|H Mclatchie||London, W3|
|Gabor Somfai||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Rowan Bell||Crystal Palace, SE19|
|Daniel Broncano||London, Lewisham, SE6|
|Sarah Moffatt||Croydon, CR0|
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Jordan Bowron||London, E17|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Ashok Klouda||North London, N6|
|Maja||Central London, W8|
|Peter Mallinson||Chesham, HP5|
|Tom Gamble||London, SE3|
|Radhika de Saram||Hampstead, NW3|
|Natalie Watson||London, NW10|
|Rhiannon James||Manchester, M14|
|Jamie Pringle Cello||North London, NW2|
|Mardyah Tucker||Walthamstow, E17|
|Lucy Payne||Manchester, M20|
|Victoria Walker||Forest Hill, SE26|
|Pedro Silva||Wembley, HA0|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Emilio Saev||Maidenhead, SL6|
|Rocío Bolanos||LONDON, SW1|
|Dane Lam||London, N2|
|James Buckle||London, SE1|
|Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor||Brighton, BN2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Chamber Music
- Personal Message
- Everyone wants to learn to play and make music. Music is life-changing; fun, comical, challenging, expressive, energetic, relaxing, character building... to say the least. So why not discover more for yourself?
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Cello (Beginner to Advanced)
Piano (Beginner to ABRSM Grade 3)
Chamber Music (Strings, Strings & Piano)
Musicianship (one to one lessons or group sessions using the Kodaly/Dalcroze Methods)
Violin (Beginner to ABRSM Grade 2)
Music Theory (Grades 1 - 4)
Practice Supervising (Strings and Piano students - ages 6 to 18. Assisting with practice techniques outside of lessons.)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Bachelor of Music with Honours (RNCM)
Master of Music (San Francisco Conservatory, USA)
Teaching Certificate (Berkeley, USA)
Colourstrings Teaching Certificate (Surrey, UK)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I first began teaching when I was sixteen years old. I was assisting Miss. Anna Shuttleworth (cellist) on two cello courses – helping during technique classes and giving one to one lessons to ages 8 – 12. I taught privately at home after graduating from Chethams School and got a lot of teaching experience while living in the USA. In 2005 I was awarded a Fellowship to teach at the Bowdoin International Music Festival in Maine, USA alongside being a festival participant. While living in California (2005 to 2008) I taught for the SF Conservatory of Music ‘CIS Program’, the Palo Alto Chamber Orchestra, California State University East Bay, The Golden Gate Philharmonic and privately. I also served as a Preliminary Phase Judge for the Pacific Musical Society (San Francisco) in 2008. I was also a member of the San Francisco Academy Orchestra (2005 to 2008), an ensemble consisting of SF Symphony members and SF Conservatory Alumni. I returned to the UK in September 2008 and a month later began teaching at the Music Academy (Sheffield), a Saturday music school for ages 8 to 18. There I teach Cello, Chamber Music and Theory and perform in ensembles with pupils and staff.
With all my pupils, I develop their instrumental skills and musicality so that their progress can be as smooth as possible. After having training in the Alexander Technique, I also ensure that my pupils are maintaining good posture and using their bodies efficiently in order to bring out a quality and substantial sound easily.
Lessons with me are:
- Positively challenging
In addition to my teaching commitments I also perform as a soloist and chamber musician. Currently I have performances planned at various venues in London, Lancashire, Manchester and Sheffield and later this year (2012) will be giving two Cello recitals with a pianist in South Germany. As a player I enjoy performing all repertoire from the Baroque to the Contemporary. Other projects I am working on are a study book for young cellists and a children's book with a musical twist.
- How much do you charge?
- The cost of lessons ranges from £24.00 to £40.00 (per 60 minutes) depending on what the pupil is looking for.
* Pupils aged 5 to 9 years normally have a 30-minute lesson. I recommend 45 /60 minutes for ages 10 to adults.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home in Mossley and have my own teaching space. It is a clean and secure room in which for he pupil to learn. I have public liability insurance which is provided by the Musicians Union.
I also travel to the homes of pupils in London (Putney area) - please contact me to see what we can arrange.
- When are you available?
- Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays (Mossley)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages 6 and upwards. Please see above for the levels I teach.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am always happy to prepare pupils for exams and performances:
- ABRSM Board (Instrumental and Theory)
- Trinity Guildhall Board (Instrumental and Theory)
- Auditions (for Orchestras, Festivals, Music Schools)
- Public Concerts (Solo and Ensemble performances)
I am also happy to teach pupils who wish to just learn for their own pleasure (without the pressure to take exams)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - I hold an Enhanced DBS certificate (Issued September 30th 2013).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union - www.musiciansunion.org.uk
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Chethams School of Music (Manchester) 1995 to 1999
Trinity Laban Conservatoire (London) 2000 to 2002
Royal Northern College of Music (Manchester) 2002 to 2004
San Francisco Conservatory of Music (USA) 2005 to 2007
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are aged between 6 and about 70. Some of them are working towards exams/performances and others are learning for pleasure. I love working with each one of them and treat them all as individuals.
I ensure that my pupils are clear on what they need to work on and give them different ideas on how they can practice. That way they will get more enjoyment out of their personal practice outside of lessons.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning an instrument is not the easiest thing (I'll admit). Nonetheless it's still something special that you shouldn't shy away from. Being educated in the musical language and being given the chance to learn an instrument, make music alone or with others, changed my world from the beginning. So if you have taken a shine to an instrument you should pursue it regardless of where you are up to in your life. For me, Music has given me endless fulfillment - it will do the same for you because we all have music inside us.
Send a message to Melanie Jones
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more