Find UK Tuition
Classical Guitar Teachers / Classical Guitar Lessons in Oxford
Read more about Classical Guitar
Compare Classical Guitar Teachers in Oxford (Oxfordshire/ Oxon/ Berkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Classical Guitar Lessons from tutors who can travel to Oxford (Oxfordshire/ Oxon/ Berkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Classical Guitar Teacher jobs in the Oxford (Oxfordshire/ Oxon/ Berkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to OX
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Alex Pidgen||London, SE6|
|Mr Daniel Short MMus RAM||London, SW15|
|James Tae||Kennington, SE17|
|Olly Chandler||Englefield Green, TW20|
|Tom Gamble||London, SE3|
|Steven Joseph (BMus)(MPerf)||London, SE23|
|Adam Purnell||Bristol - Hereford, BS31|
|Marco Cirillo||North West Lodnon, NW26|
|Nick Rasle||Bristol, BS5|
|Dom Martin||London, N1|
|Emilio Saev||Maidenhead, SL6|
|Greg Sanders||Dalston, E8|
|Ian Mayes||Chichester, PO19|
|Barney Muller||Tufnell Park, NW5|
|Richard Thurstans||Brockley, SE4|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Guitar
- Personal Message
- I'm a cellist and a composer with several years of teaching experience. Please take a moment to listen to my playing (bottom of page).
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach the Cello and Double Bass to Grade 8 +/advanced level. I also teach classical guitar and piano up to grade 8. I will teach any kind of academic music (theory and history, etc) including harmony and counterpoint and also composition. I am happy to prepare students for university entrance exams/interviews and give lessons in essay writing and take on proof-reading work.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA in Music, University of Oxford.
MMus, TrinityLaban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Grade 8 (Dist.) Cello
Grade 8 (Dist.) Double bass
Grade 8 (Dist.) Classical Guitar
Grade 7 (Dist.) Piano
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching all of the above subjects/disciplines at some point or other over the last 5 years. While the majority of my pupils have been (and are) young children, I have taught a handful of more mature pupils.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge the above fees. For musical instrument students I will give a free 30 minute consultation lesson. If I am travelling a long way I may ask for a contribution to my travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- In Oxford I can teach at my house, but in London I tend to travel to the students own home.
- When are you available?
- I am available most evenings and weekends. I am often free during the day but it is better that we make contact and discuss specific days and times.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am prepared to teach the above musical instruments and theory to all ages and standards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM graded music exams or Trinity/Guildhall if they prefer. All four of the main exam boards for GCSE and A-level subjects, but do let me know before we begin which course you are on so I can be sure I am focusing our energies in the right directions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am in the process of applying for an up-to-date CRB disc. Cert., please contact me regarding the status of this.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My cello teachers have included Simon Webb (former cellist and chairman of LPO), Raphael Wallfisch (World-renowned soloist) and Natalia Pavlutskaya. I have played in masterclasses with Matthew Barley, Bernard Gregor-Smith, Robert Cohen, Christoph Richter, Gregor Horsch, Katherine Jenkinson and Emma Ferrand. I perform regularly as a soloist or in various ensembles and orchestras and I have performed concertos by Schumann, Haydn and Saint-Saens. As a composer I have studied with Robert Saxton and Martin Suckling and briefly with Gary Carpenter and Sir Peter Maxwell Davies also.
Send a message to Thomas Shelley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more