Find UK Tuition
Conducting Teachers / Conducting Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Conducting
Compare Conducting Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Conducting Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Conducting Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
Tutors travelling to B
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Dane Lam||London, N2|
|Eliot Darwin||Sheffield, S6|
|Emilio Saev||Maidenhead, SL6|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Conducting
- Personal Message
- I am a friendly and experienced teacher and a recent graduate of Birmingham Conservatoire. I am a firm believer that anyone can learn to sing or play an instrument
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach singing, trumpet and composition. I am also available to conduct and/or tutor ensembles and enjoy running creative workshops with people.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated from Birmingham Conservatoire in 2012 where I studied composition, trumpet and singing.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a professional trumpet player, composer and singer; I have played with a variety of ensembles including Bard Brass and had premières of pieces performed by Birmingham Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra, Birmingham Conservatoire Brass Band, Decibel, Chroma and Icarus. I am an experienced conductor and teacher and am extremely good at helping pupils gain the confidence they need to enjoy performing.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £20 for an hours lesson. I am more than happy to travel to pupil's homes to teach, but do have to charge for the time I spend travelling as well as any expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in Birmingham and am willing to travel most places with good rail and bus links as I don't drive. Examples of places I am happy to teach in are City Centre, Selly Oak, Selly Park, Kings Heath, Stirchley, Cotteridge, Harborne, Moseley, Bournville, Edgbaston, Halesowen, Great Barr, Walsall, Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Hamstead, Sutton Coldfield, Streetly, Jewellery Quarter and Digbeth. Please don't hesitate to ask me about the area in which you live, especially if you are near a rail station or bus route.
- When are you available?
- I am available all term time and school holidays, but play professional gigs most evenings and weekends. If you are interested in evening lessons, I can offer these Sunday-Tuesday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I can teach trumpet, composition, singing and conducting to a very advanced level. I am also pleased to accept beginners on these instruments and can also teach the basics of music theory.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for all grade exams and concert performances. I am also more than happy to teach students who just want to learn an instrument for fun.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have never been CRB checked as I have not taught within schools, but plan to obtain one through the Musicians Union soon.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I was a student at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama, principal trumpet of the Suffolk Youth Orchestra and a member of the Aldeburgh Young Musicians Programme. I graduated from Birmingham Conservatoire in 2012 and plan to complete a Masters course in a few years time.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Many of my students suffer with low confidence and believe that they don't have any ability. Through lessons, I have helped my students not only gain a sound technique and better singing voice, but helped to change the negative thoughts that were nibbling away at their confidence. Positive thinking is the way forward!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a friendly, experienced teacher, currently in my fourth year at Birmingham Conservatoire. I am a professional trumpet player and composer; I have played with a variety of ensembles including Bard Brass and Von Bauer Bavarian Beer Band and had premières performed by Birmingham Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra, Birmingham Conservatoire Brass Band, Decibel and Chroma. Music is exciting and fun and I enjoy sharing and talking about the pieces I am most passionate about. I am Musical Director at Aston University, so am an skilled conductor and am able to offer tutoring and support to any ensembles that my pupils may be involved in. I can teach each of the instrumental studies I offer to a very high level as well as presenting them to beginners and I am very creative in my approach. I am understanding and supportive to pupils who suffer with performance anxiety and aim to build confidence alongside a good technique so that they feel they can rely on their playing. To learn more about what I do professionally, feel free to visit my website.
Send a message to Jeffer
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more