Find UK Tuition
Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons in Cleveland
Read more about Elocution/ Accent Reduction
Compare Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors in Cleveland (Middlesbrough/ County Durham) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons from tutors who can travel to Cleveland (Middlesbrough/ County Durham) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutor jobs in the Cleveland (Middlesbrough/ County Durham) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in TS postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to TS
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Emily F Smith||Mayfair, London, W1|
|Benjamin Maeurer||London, N8|
|Gary Horner||South London, SE22|
|Lucienne Sharpe||Bognor Regis, PO22|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
|Ric Morris||Brighton, BN3|
|Linda Walden||Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Andy Aroditis||London, Camden, NW1|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Oskar Czerniawski||London, W4|
|Ann Adlem||Hitchin, LU2|
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Birmingham, B29|
|Tricia Etherton||Southend on Sea, SS9|
|Luke Nicholson||London, E11|
|Helen Hendrickson Elocution||birmingham, B79|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Susan Nataly Coombes||London and herts, EC2|
|Maureen Theaker||England, TF10|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Karon Rickatson||York/ East Riding, YO41|
|Fiona Battisby||Henbury, Bristol, BS10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
- Personal Message
- During my education and my relatively long career in customer service and public relations I gained a huge amount of expertise, so now I am keen to pass on to others my skills and experience.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I mainly offer tutoring and coaching in the following subjects: Help with Essay and Dissertation Writing, Spelling and Grammar, Proofreading, Media/Communications Studies, Interview Skills, Public Speaking, Adult Literacy/Numeracy, Journalism/Writing, Marketing, Presentation Writing and Delivery and Creativity Coaching. This list is not exhaustive though, so please contact me if you are looking for a subject not listed here. Please note that I do not offer an essay-writing service - I can help people to write an essay or dissertation but I can't write it for them.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied English, Latin and Philosophy at Durham University and graduated as a BA with Honours in all three subjects. I later successfully studied for a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Communications at Leeds Trinity University College. In 2010 I was awarded a Master of Arts Degree in Public Communications from the University of Leeds for my research on how unemployment is portrayed by the media in the North East.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- After an earlier career in customer service in the public sector I became a government press and public relations officer in 1999, a job I held for more than eleven years before going it alone. In that role I worked mainly for the Department for Work and Pensions but was involved in projects with other organisations including the Ministry of Defence and Buckingham Palace. I was regularly responsible for briefing government ministers and senior managers, arranging ministerial visits and providing training and coaching for junior colleagues. My training and experience covered all aspects of public communications including: Media Handling and Dealing with Journalists, Copywriting, Press Release Writing, Marketing, Campaign Management, Event Management, Brand and Reputation Management, Crisis Management, Research and Analysis, Internal Communications, Interview Techniques, Public Speaking and Presentation, and Social Media and Online Marketing. I am a member of the Senior Common Room at the College of St Hild and St Bede in the University of Durham, a Mentor to a number of Hild Bede students and secretary of the alumni association of that college. As well as tutoring I provide an independent public relations consultation service for small businesses in the North East of England.
- How much do you charge?
- The standard rate for all my services is £30 per hour, not counting travelling time. The first session, which will usually last one hour, is free - if the client does not wish to proceed after the first hour, there is no further charge.
I do make a charge for travelling outside a 5 mile radius of my home - this varies from £5 to £10 per session, depending on distance, but is agreed with the client in advance to avoid any unexpected charges.
- Where do you teach?
- I do not normally see clients at my home address, and in any case it is usually easier and better for me to come to them. I am based in Durham but willing to travel to most parts of North East England including County Durham, Wearside, Tyne and Wear, Newcastle, Tyneside, Sunderland, Darlington, Middlesbrough and Cleveland.
- When are you available?
- Normally, unless I have previous bookings, I am available any day of the week and any time within reason.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to tutor a range of ages including younger children and older adults.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do not hold a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) disclosure certificate – this is not a legal requirement for a self-employed tutor. However I do hold a ‘subject access request’ document from Durham Constabulary confirming that no information about me is held on the Police National Computer, and this is available for inspection on request. Parents are very welcome to sit in on sessions with their children.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I will tutor by email or Skype if that is most convenient for the client.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a full member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), a full member of the National Association of Schoolmasters and Union of Women Teachers (NASUWT) and a registered Mentor with the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs .