Find UK Tuition
French Tutors / French Lessons in Guildford
Read more about French
Compare French Tutors in Guildford (Hampshire/ Surrey) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider French Lessons from tutors who can travel to Guildford (Hampshire/ Surrey) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for French Tutor jobs in the Guildford (Hampshire/ Surrey) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in GU postcode
|Jan Hughes||Farnham, Surrey, GU10|
|Isabelle Croucher||Farnborough, Hants, GU14|
|Isabella Nicholls||Guildford, GU21|
Tutors travelling to GU
|Sue Huggins||Addlestone, KT15|
|Claudia Cerbino||London, UB3|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Beverley Francoise||York, YO26|
|Rhea Ranjan||London, W1U|
|Matthew Brown||North West London, NW7|
|Claudia Cerbino||London, UB3|
|Esther Thomas||Exeter, EX1|
|Liliane||North London, N11|
|Kathy Pike||Salisbury, SP1|
|Lucia Brandi||London, SE15|
|Alison Sesi||Luton, LU1|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Pam Wakefield||Marple, SK6|
|Jane C Gibb||Aberdeen, AB15|
|Alex Pichevin||Manchester, M40|
|Karolina Zielinska||Carterton, OX18|
|Alvaro G. Cortes||Charlton, SE7|
|Florence Bobin||Kingston, Surrey, KT2|
|Timothy Walker||Chesterfield, S40|
|Estelle Gaits||South East London, SE25|
|Lingua Genesis Ltd||Sheffield, S11|
|Richard Ings||Kensington, London, W14|
|Tim Robins||Bournemouth, BH24|
|MarcoDeBiasio||King's Cross, WC1|
|Michelle Berg||Manchester, M25|
|Paul Grace||South Manchester, M21|
|Jennifer Iglesias||Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6|
|Demeter||Hackney and Barnet, E8|
|Howard Stephens||Cardiff, NP26|
|Amelia Grandidier||Wandsworth, London, SW17|
|Julien Presles||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Davina Dwyer||Hexham, NE46|
|Dorothy Gaudiere||Milton Keynes, MK5|
|Chris Heaven||Exeter, EX4|
|Cordelia Monsey||Crystal Palace, SE25|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Rachael McCorriston||South East London, SE19|
|Dr Seraphin||London, WC1H|
|Sophie Marette||Beckenham, London, BR3|
|Caroline Thomson||Wakefield, WF1|
|Isabelle Stevenson||Tunbridge Wells, TN1|
|Birgit Piegeler-Hughes||Taunton, TA1|
|Natasha Clough||Preston, PR4|
|Sophie G||London, SW7|
|Monika Key||Kingston upon Thames, KT2|
|Daniel Martin||London, SW18|
|Carole Palfreman||Heywood, Bury, OL10|
|Audrey Belanger||Crowborough, TN6|
|Rachel Ger||London, NW7|
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Adam Dixon||London, SE25|
|Vincent Fontaine||London, N4|
|Annie Marrec||Glastonbury, BA6|
|Baz Taylor||Twickenham, TW1|
|Y Shimi||St Johns Wood, NW8|
|Jonny Chadwick||Taunton, Somerset, TA6|
|Claire Doucet||Orpington, BR6|
|Sue Lin Vazeille||HarrowWembley/, HA9|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Stephen F. Smith||Poole, BH21|
|Colleen Barton||Newtown, SY16|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Mary Hill||Bedford, CB1|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|Katy Garden||Bristol, BS8|
|Trixi Field||Ellesmere, SY12|
|Loren Reeve||Ludlow, SY7|
|Reet Järvik (Mrs)||Nottingham, NG10|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Sue Smith||Wokingham, Berks, RG7|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Manohar Whig||Harrow, HA0|
|Ana D||Bromley, Beckenham, BR3|
|Fernande Finch||Worthing, BN13|
|Marie Fohr||Wallingford, OX10|
|Steven French||Harpenden, AL5|
|Marianne Ellalasingham||Saffron Walden, CB11|
|Andrew Cremer||Barking, Essex, IG11|
|Caroline Cunnington-King||Tonbridge, TN9|
|Thornton Tuition||Middlesbrough, TS8|
|Wafa Labed||London, N8|
|David Cleary||Reading, RG4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for French
- Personal Message
- Hello! My name is Jan, and I am passionate about teaching Modern Languages. I have become involved in giving private tuition, because I really enjoy being able to tailor my teaching to the exact needs of each individual student.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French to A Level, German to GCSE and Spanish to beginners (up to KS3). I have also taught English to KS3 and English as a Foreign Language. I spent two years in France teaching EFL.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an honours degree in French, from the University of Southampton. I also have a Higher Certificate of Proficiency in German (half way between A Level and degree standard). This is also from the University of Southampton. I have a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) from the University of Reading.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I taught EFL in France for two years. I have been teaching Modern Languages (French / German / Spanish) in secondary schools in Britain since 1982. I also have some experience of Adult Education. I have worked in state schools and in the private sector. I have experience in comprehensive schools, mixed schools, single sex schools and in day and boarding education. I have taught both the privileged and the under-privileged. I am very resilient and adaptable. Whatever your needs, I can cope with them, so don't be shy! I have taught to O level, CSE, GCSE, IGCSE, A Level and the IB Diploma. I have an increasing number of adult learners, learning for business or social reasons. I also teach home schooled students. I get results! Many parents find it reassuring that I have "kept my hand in", as I still teach in mainstream schools as a supply teacher from time to time.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for any level up to and including GCSE, and £30 for A Level and beyond. These prices are based on students coming to me. Group rates available on request (max. 3). I will only accept groups of students of the same standard. Standard is more important than age for group work.
- Where do you teach?
- I prefer to teach at home. This is because I have lots of space, and a quiet household with few distractions. I offer a waiting facility for parents - please see photo on my website. I also have a large range of teaching resources at home, which I can make available to students instantly. My home is in Farnham, Surrey, within easy reach of the Surrey / Hampshire border towns of Guildford, Godalming, Alton, Aldershot, Fleet, Farnborough (Hants), Camberley, Woking, and Haslemere.
- When are you available?
- I am usually available every day, all day, (8 a.m.- 8 p.m.). I am almost always available in school holidays - a good time to pack in some intensive help! I try to be as flexible as possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught children as young as 8, and adults into their 70's, and every age in between, although older secondary school children and sixth formers (14-18) make up most of my customer base, mostly because of the demands of Controlled Coursework at GCSE, (speaking and writing) and preparation for IGCSE, IB, AS and A2 exams.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Whatever they need! I most often prepare students for GCSE and A Level, but I have also prepared students for Common Entrance at 13. I am also now training students for the linear IGCSE exams. I have had specific training in the teaching of the IB Diploma Programme (French, Langue B, Standard and Higher Levels). However, some of my students, especially the adults, are just learning for the fun of it!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have an Enhanced Level DBS disclosure certificate, which is available for viewing on request. (Formerly known as CRB certificate).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to answer questions and correct work by email, but as yet, I do not "teach" online, as I feel that languages are best taught face to face. I do have a Skype account.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- My DFE Registration Number is 81/60493. I belong to one of the major teaching unions, although this is mainly for legal protection when I do supply teaching. I am not politically active in the union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- The Universities of Southampton (Languages) and Reading (Education).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a range of students, of both genders, preparing for IGCSE, GCSE and A Level. I have adults learning for fun / holidays / career reasons. I have also taught home schooled students. This is an increasing market amongst parents who are seeking an alternative to conventional schooling.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Tuition should be an enjoyable experience, which will boost your self confidence and your ability to cope in exams, if you are taking them. As long as you are motivated and committed to the process, I guarantee that you will make excellent progress with me, and enjoy yourself at the same time! Please look at the testimonials from my happy customers (and employers) on my website: www.french-and-german-tutor.com
Send a message to Jan Hughes
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more