Find UK Tuition
GCSE Business Studies Tutors / GCSE Business Studies Tuition in Dorchester
Read more about GCSE Business Studies
Compare GCSE Business Studies Tutors in Dorchester (Dorset) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider GCSE Business Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to Dorchester (Dorset) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for GCSE Business Studies Tutor jobs in the Dorchester (Dorset) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in DT postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Andrew Freer||Birmingham, B73|
|AJ Surrey||Sutton, SM1|
|Mike Dowling||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Bob Carroll||Bristol, BS15|
|Sue Lin Vazeille||HarrowWembley/, HA9|
|Soheb Alam||Enfield, EN3|
|Steve2014||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Shafiq Fakir||London, W1U|
|Anisha Thomas||London, W85|
|Sunder Annamraju||Cobham, Surrey, KT11|
|Phil Richardson||Wimborne, Dorset, BH21|
|Kamal G||London, UB7|
|Philip Goldney||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Francis Cubitt||Newbury, RG14|
|Tom Haggerty||York, YO51|
|Mike Ford||London (N1), N1|
|Daryl Rugless||Knightsbridge, SW1X|
|Hasina Begum||Birmingham, B6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Business Studies
- Personal Message
- Thank you for making your way to my page.
With a degree in History from Oxford University I ought to have gone into the City but marble quarrying looked more fun, and led to construction. 15 years ago I decided to switch to teaching.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Business Studies and Economics at GCSE and A level, and BTEC Business Studies Levels 2 and 3.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- PGCE, Inst of Education, London U
MA, Oxford U
3 A levels, 8 O levels, Harrow School
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I tutor, ONLINE ONLY, full-time after three years training myself while gradually reducing my school timetable and testing Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) platforms to find which offers greatest ease-of-use.
This follows 14 years teaching Business and Economics at a large comprehensive near Reading, where I was the KS5 Coordinator (in charge of A level) for these subjects. I have also managed many other related activities such as Enterprise Education and the school Yearbook, produced completely by students for profit; and the school's sailing club. This year I expect to be an AQA A level examiner. I have also been a form tutor, and have taught other subjects to younger year-groups.
Last year I set up a company, Learning is Good Ltd, to specialise in online tutoring. From September 2014 I will be recruiting tutors in other subjects.
- How much do you charge?
- A Level Business Studies. £45 per hour. GCSE £40 per hour
I ask for payment in advance for each set of 4 lessons, and prefer bank transfer as a quick and easy means of payment.
- Where do you teach?
- In your home and mine at the same time, anywhere in the world,.
- When are you available?
- Monday to Friday during the school term.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE, A level and BTEC. I have been a form tutor from Y7 to Y13, and taught other subjects in KS3. If you would like to know more, please contact me.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have enhanced DBS.
During lessons we communicate using online voice and video links. Parents can observe or join in as they wish. When I exchange emails or messages directly with my pupil I always copy parents in.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- ALL my tutoring is done online, using an advanced teaching platform. You have your own virtual classroom with whiteboard, document swapping and audio and video links.
What will you need? A peaceful place to work, a PC or Mac with a simple headset (to reduce feedback noise), a Skype address and a reliable net connection.
Our first tutorial is free of charge in case you find you don't like working online - you would be the first! We would discuss what you want to achieve and work out a draft timetable.
As for your learning, if you’re interested and hard-working, we will bring the real world of Business into our tutorials. At the same time we will practise a successful approach to earning a top grade, as exam technique is critical at A level.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Tutors Association
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Every student's needs are different. I have tutored a wide range; from a home-schooled student following a complete A level course to one wanting an hour a fortnight to improve exam performance. Their locations have ranged from a couple of miles away to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Check my entry on ratemyteacher.com. It's a risk to invite you to look at students' anonymous judgements as once in a while some unhappy child wants to rant; but last time I looked I was pleasantly surprised.
Send a message to Francis Cubitt
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more