Find UK Tuition
GCSE French Tutors / GCSE French Tuition in Tonbridge
Read more about GCSE French
Compare GCSE French Tutors in Tonbridge (Kent/ Sussex) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider GCSE French Tuition from tutors who can travel to Tonbridge (Kent/ Sussex) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for GCSE French Tutor jobs in the Tonbridge (Kent/ Sussex) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in TN postcode
|Isabelle Stevenson||Tunbridge Wells, TN1|
|Isabelle Leroy||Tunbridge Wells, TN2|
|Madeleine Gillies||Tunbridge Wells, TN6|
|Nadia Bouakaz||Tonbridge, TN9|
|Phyllis Bischoff||Maidstone, TN12|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|MarcoDeBiasio||King's Cross, WC1|
|Carole Palfreman||Heywood, Bury, OL10|
|Fernande Finch||Worthing, BN13|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Pam Wakefield||Marple, SK6|
|Catherine Wright||London, SW16|
|Peter Dennis||London, SE4|
|Loren Reeve||Ludlow, SY7|
|Ruth Tebbutt||Gateshead, NE9|
|Vincent Fontaine||London, N4|
|Jane C Gibb||Aberdeen, AB15|
|Natasha Tiwari||Kent, ME8|
|Wafa Labed||London, N8|
|Karolina Zielinska||Gloucester, GL1|
|Sue Smith||Wokingham, Berks, RG7|
|MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition||Birmingham, B6|
|Antonia Kaiya Shang||London, NW3|
|Lucy McCormick||London, TW11|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Y Shimi||St Johns Wood, NW8|
|Beverley Francoise||York, YO26|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Kathy Pike||Salisbury, SP1|
|Timothy Walker||Chesterfield, S40|
|Alex Pichevin||Manchester, M40|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Jon Lynes||Thornton Heath, CR7|
|Michelle Berg||Newcastle, NE3|
|Chris Mazur||South Kensington, SW7|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Howard Stephens||Cardiff, NP26|
|Davina Dwyer||Hexham, NE46|
|Marie Fohr||Wallingford, OX10|
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Estelle Gaits||East London, E3|
|Carla J||Dubai, fees in AED, D1|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Nick Rawson||West Midlands, B90|
|Martin James Sperring||Kingston-on-Thames, KT2|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Sophie Marette||Beckenham, London, BR3|
|David Cleary||Reading, RG4|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Chris Heaven||Exeter, EX4|
|Claire Doucet||Orpington, BR6|
|Manohar Whig||Harrow, HA0|
|Monika Key||Kingston upon Thames, KT2|
|Birgit Piegeler-Hughes||Taunton, TA1|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|Mary Hill||Bedford, MK40|
|Lingua Genesis Ltd||Sheffield, S11|
|Steven French||Harpenden, AL5|
|Esther Thomas||Exeter, EX1|
|Laura Pasternack||Ealing, W3|
|Caroline Thomson||Wakefield, WF1|
|Richard Ings||Kensington, London, W14|
|Rachel Ger||London, NW7|
|Isabella Nicholls||Guildford, GU21|
|Philippa Baines||London, SW4|
|Florence Bobin||Kingston, Surrey, KT2|
|Jennifer Iglesias||Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6|
|Jonny Chadwick||Taunton, Somerset, TA6|
|Matthew Brown||North West London, NW7|
|Claudia Cerbino||London, UB3|
|Amelia Grandidier||Wandsworth, London, SW17|
|Sophie G||London, SW7|
|Tim Robins||Bournemouth, BH24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE French
- Personal Message
- I am a very experienced language tutor with a friendly, flexible approach. I teach English, French and Italian at all stages and for all ages and can provide appropriate tuition for most public exams and other requirements
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- French - KS2, GCSE, AS level. Italian - at all levels from beginner to GCSE, A level and first degree. English language KS2 - GCSE English as a foreign language at all levels and for all purposes. Adult beginners in French and Italian a speciality
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) degree in French with English subsidiary. Year spent at University of Amiens.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive experience as a freelance language tutor specialising in providing support and revision courses for French,Italian and English at all stages and in preparation for public exams including IB, GCSE and Common Entrance. Apart from helping young people to prepare for exams, I also teach adults who wish to learn Italian and French for general interest/holiday/property purposes. I have also been a marker for OCR and Edexcel and for the University of Cambridge ESOL exams. Prior to that.I worked for a wide range of language training organisations in the UK and abroad - including three years spent in Italy teaching for the British Council - and have many years' experience of teaching and planning language training courses for groups and individuals of all ages.
- How much do you charge?
- The basic hourly rate is currently £30 for up to GCSE level preparation. Adults generally take sessions of 1.5 hours and this is charged at £40. Preparation for university exams or other higher level requirements may cost more. Tuition is available throughout the year.
- Where do you teach?
- Crowborough, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Uckfield. Rotherfield, Mayfield, Heathfield, East Sussex and West Kent. Lessons take place in my home in central Crowborough which is easily accessible from the surrounding area - including by public transport.
- When are you available?
- Monday-Friday all day including early evenings. Tuition available thoughout the year.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Every age, level and learning requirement in English, French and Italian. Students requiring support and revision for public exams - including GCSE, A level (French and Italian), Common Entrance, IB and Cambridge ESOL. Adult beginners in French and Italian. Au pairs and students requiring exam preparation and revision re EFL exams - as well as cv preparation/job application preparation for the english speaking workplace.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- French GCSE; Italian GCSE; English language GCSE; AS French; IB Italian; AS/A level Italian; First degree level Italian; OU French and Italian; Cambridge ESOL exams
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have been very busy over the past academic year and have taught the usual wide range of young people and adults. I have prepared a number of Y9 and Y10 students for English GCSE and prepared others for French GCSE and French AS level and OU exams. I have helped adult students to acquire the basics or brush up their knowledge of French and Italian. I have provided help with English language and academic skills for university first degree level. I have continued to teach some long term adult students learning French and Italian who have now been coming to me for 6+ years. There have also been some au pairs and other adults from other countries who have required advanced English as a foreign language (CAE level) for business and professional purposes.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Individual tuition is immensely helpful for young people : it enables them to fill gaps in their knowledge, clarify unclear areas and enforce what they have already learned. They also expand their general understanding of language and this can have a knock on effect in other subject areas - all of which considerably increases their confidence levels. Each course is planned to meet individual levels and needs in terms of material, pace and approach and I constantly update my teaching resources and use a wide variety of materials in order to create effective, interesting learning programmes. I track the school curriculum and relevant exam board requirements but also aim to give an overview of language structure, bring new insights and underpin spoken language with a solid grammatical base. Older students who are doing Italian ab initio for the IB or as part of a combined course at university find some intensive 1:1 tuition immensely beneficial.and adults generally find 1:1 tuition 100% more efficient and enjoyable than a group situation.
Send a message to Madeleine Gillies
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more