Find UK Tuition
Jazz/ Pop Singing Teachers / Jazz/ Pop Singing Lessons in Canterbury
Read more about Jazz/ Pop Singing
Compare Jazz/ Pop Singing Teachers in Canterbury (Kent) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Jazz/ Pop Singing Lessons from tutors who can travel to Canterbury (Kent) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Jazz/ Pop Singing Teacher jobs in the Canterbury (Kent) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to CT
|Christine Hubbard||Rochester, ME1|
|Rose Kimberley||Hampstead & Surrey, NW3|
|Simon Gilkes||Paddington, W2|
|Jayne Carmichael Norrie BMus||Aberdeen, AB11|
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Marie-Louise Goode||Birmingham, B74|
|Lorna Brown||Central London, NW1|
|Holly Jane Vocal Tuition||Brighton, BN2|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Ellie Smith||Manchester,Worsley, M30|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Daniel Maitland||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Andy Aroditis||London, Camden, NW1|
|Angela Durrant||Cardiff, CF3|
|Daisy Chute Music||London Bridge, SE1|
|Panagiota Kapnisi||London, SW8|
|Sarah Moule||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Marcella Puppini||London, E2|
|Gina Lewis Watts||Hammersmith, W6|
|Charlotte Lee||Blackheath, London, SE3|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Jessica Eccleston||Manchester, M13|
|Tessa Coates-Bishop||Hereford, HR2|
|Natalie Welby||Harrow Weald, HA3|
|Emilio Saev||Maidenhead, SL6|
|Gillian Newman||Liverpool, L18|
|Tracy Spencer||Idle, Bradford, BD10|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Nick Rasle||Bristol, BS5|
|Hannah Northedge - VoiceCity||London, SE27|
|Philippa Healey||Hitchin, SG5|
|Phillippa Scammell||Cardiff, CF11|
|Anthony Marsden||Birmingham, B15|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Craig Deuchar||London, N16|
|Benjamin Stirling||Maidenhead, SL6|
|Dan Joseph||Teddington, TW11|
|Emma-Louise||North London, EN9|
|Philip Milburn (Music Doctor)||Hove, BN3|
|Maciej Burdynowski||London, TW1|
|Susanna Klayman||Edinburgh, EH9|
|Daniel James||Colchester, CO4|
|Bobby Woods School Of Music||Birmingham, B64|
|Daniela Clynes||London, SW18|
|Portia Winters||London, SE14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz/ Pop Singing
- Personal Message
- Welcome to my tutor page- I currently have spaces for new pupils, particularly on Friday evenings and Saturdays. If you have any queries or would like to know any more info. than you see here please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Singing- musical theatre, classical, pop
Piano- keyboard or classical piano
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Bachelors Degree in Music with Honours and a Masters Degree in vocal performance and Teaching.
I am also a Kent Licensed Music Teacher.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I began my musical training at seven years old studying the violin. I then took an interest in singing and began lessons whilst at primary school. At the age of twelve I was spotted for my vocal potential and began travelling to London regularly from my home in Jersey to study with Prof. Jane Highfield of the Royal Academy of Music. Having decided I would like to teach music I began piano at the age of 14. I took my first musical lead role as Tallulah in Bugsy Malone and at 18 my first principal operatic role as Celia in Gilbert and Sullivan’s Iolanthe. I studied for my music degree at Canterbury Christ Church University and then received a scholarship to continue to Master’s level where I was awarded distinction for my final vocal recital. I continue to perform regularly in and around Canterbury.
I have been teaching singing, piano and violin for 4 years- both as a peripatetic teacher in schools and a private teacher from home with students ranging from 4 years through to adults. All my sixth form students have been successful in gaining places on their first choice of performing arts courses and I have a 100% pass rate with both Associated Board and Trinity Graded exams with most students receiving Merit or Distinction. I also have experience teaching children with special needs- the most severe/non-verbal with the use of therapy through music. I teach group lessons and individual lessons regularly.
I have also worked with students on a short-term basis for particular goals including auditions for jobs and various scholarships, all of whom have been successful.
- How much do you charge?
- Free Consultation
1 hour £25
30 mins £12.50
If travelling to a student's home, there may be a small travel cost added.
- Where do you teach?
- Generally I prefer to teach from my home as I have a music room with many resources and a piano. I am able to travel to homes in Canterbury, Whitstable/Herne Bay and surrounding areas, this is something I would be happy to discuss.
- When are you available?
- I currently have spaces for new pupils- particularly Saturdays but please feel free to enquire about lessons on any other days.
Days and times would need to be discussed-I teach every day of the week. I am happy to teach during school holidays and inform students if this is not possible with plenty of notice- this is also optional for the student. Days and times are also dependant on whether I would be travelling to students or teaching from home. For shift workers/busy families, lessons can be flexible and arranged each week at the previous lesson. I am available evenings and during the day.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Any age- children of 5 and under will sing and play musical games to enhance their musical awareness and begin learning new skills with mum/dad or other adult.
Beginners up to advanced level- technique, repertoire, coaching and language and performance skills can all be covered.
Piano & Violin:
Recommended 7yrs+ beginners to Grade 4 level- I have links with other teachers to continue teaching with a smooth transition.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
All ABRSM & Trinity College Graded practical exams and performance certificates as well as diplomas for more advanced/post Grade 8 singers.
Preparation for concerts, auditions and College/University Courses. Btec, GCSE/ A Level performances.
ABRSM or Trinity Graded practical exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a number of CRB certificates for the Music Schools that I work for and I have up to date child protection training. I also have full public liability insurance.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians)
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I began my training in Jersey in the Channel Islands and studied with Roy Picot LRAM and Gitte-Maj Donoghue. I was then spotted as an advanced and dedicated young singer and along with Gite-Maj I began training with Prof. Jane Highfield of the Royal Academy and Guildhall School of Music. I studied my Music Degree with Honours and my Masters Degree at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a wide range of students of all ages and abilities.
I have adult students who come for a lesson as their 'me' time and simply play/sing for fun- we set realistic goals which they aim towards in their own time. Some adults are members of choirs and come along to lessons to learn their particular line in their choral pieces and others have retired and finally have time to learn that instrument they've always wanted to for years!
I have younger students preparing for College/University auditions for Music/Performing arts as well as students learning repertoire for GCSE/A Level and Btec Courses.
Other students are preparing for Graded Music exams where they not only learn their chosen instrument but also music theory skills and listening skills for the supporting tests of their exams and others prefer to sing their favourite songs from the charts/popular Musical Theatre songs where we apply a focus on vocal technique and improving aspects such as their vocal range.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I like to bring a fresh and enthusiastic approach to singing and piano. I am willing to help anyone to learn for fun or to reach their goals at any level or age. I love music and teaching others to enjoy it as much as I do.
Send a message to Lucinda Drelaud
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more