Find UK Tuition
Jazz/ Pop Singing Teachers / Jazz/ Pop Singing Lessons in Canterbury
Read more about Jazz/ Pop Singing
Compare Jazz/ Pop Singing Teachers in Canterbury (Kent) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Jazz/ Pop Singing Lessons from tutors who can travel to Canterbury (Kent) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Jazz/ Pop Singing Teacher jobs in the Canterbury (Kent) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to CT
|Christine Hubbard||Rochester, ME1|
|Marcella Puppini||London, E2|
|Daisy Chute Music||London Bridge, SE1|
|Andrew Finlayson||Nottingham, NG17|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Philippa Healey||Hitchin, SG5|
|Andy Aroditis||London, Edgware Rd, W2|
|W Summers-Taylor||West London, W14|
|Christin Wismann||London, Pimlico, SW1V|
|Tom Halpenny||Kensel Rise, W10|
|Susanna Klayman||Edinburgh, EH9|
|Katy Garden||Bristol, BS8|
|Maciej Burdynowski||London, TW1|
|Sarah Jayne||Leeds, LS9|
|Jamie Rock||Surrey Quays, SE8|
|Tracy Spencer||Denbigh, Denbifhsh, LL16|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Charlotte Lee||Blackheath, London, SE3|
|Portia Winters||London, SE14|
|Nina Zautashvili||Ealing, W13|
|Jessica Eccleston||Manchester, M13|
|Craig Deuchar||London, N16|
|Benjamin Stirling||Maidenhead, SL6|
|Brock Roberts||Birmingham, B16|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Simon Gilkes||Paddington, W2|
|Ellie Smith||Manchester,Worsley, M30|
|Daniel James||Colchester, CO4|
|Gavin Cranmer-Moralee||Sanderstead, CR2|
|Suzanne Mansfield||Bramhall, SK7|
|Maria Minotto||London, W2|
|Sarah Moule||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Marie-Louise Goode||Birmingham, B74|
|James Gregory Voice||Lichfield, WS15|
|Lorna Brown||Central London, NW1|
|Alex Pidgen||London, SE6|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Angela Durrant||Cardiff, CF3|
|Hannah Northedge - VoiceCity||London, SE27|
|Gina Lewis Watts||Hammersmith, W6|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Santessa Thomas||Wimbledon, SW19|
|Emilio Saev||WINDSOR, SL4|
|Susan Nataly Coombes||London and herts, EC2|
|Natalie Welby||Harrow Weald, HA3|
|Nick Rasle||Bristol, BS5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz/ Pop Singing
- Personal Message
- Music is a gift: it is personal, a chance to communicate with others through song. My main instrument is voice but I also teach piano/keyboard/theory/composition, and I tailor my lessons to suit you.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Singing (enjoyment, all grades, styles and voices), Music Theory, Electronic Keyboard and Piano.
I also teach Composition/Songwriting/Arranging (musical theatre, jazz, pop and gospel) and tutor GCSE/A level Music.
I am happy to work with ensembles such as choirs or small groups of singers.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I achieved a high 2:1 in my degree in Music at the University of York (graduated July 2012). I have Grade 8 Trinity Guildhall (distinction) in Singing, Grade 7 ABRSM in Piano (merit), Grade 6 Victoria College of Music in Keyboard (distinction) and Grade 5 ABRSM in Theory (merit). I also have an A-level (B) and a GCSE (A*) in Music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Through my degree and teaching privately, I have worked with a wide range of ages and abilities, and always welcome a challenge. I currently have students ranging from beginners to grade 8, teaching children, teenagers and adults. I have been singing since a young age, achieving distinction in my Grade 8 singing at the age of 18. In July 2013, I graduated with an undergraduate degree in Music at the University of York, first study Jazz Singing. In this capacity, I have sung with other jazz singers and collaborated with the likes of John Taylor and Johnathon Eato during my degree. I have been singing Pop, Gospel and Musical Theatre songs for years, performing them in concerts, gigs, festivals, etc., and have previous experience in one-to-one vocal tuition in these genres as well as jazz. I ran the university's Music Department's gospel choir, Zamar, for the last 2 years of my degree, coaching many fellow students through performing solos as well as conducting and leading a large choir, including teaching harmonies. During my degree, a working knowledge of music theory was essential, as well as good keyboard skills. I have frequently accompanied Zamar on the piano during rehearsals and students during lessons. I now run a new gospel choir, Amore Sono, based in Broadstairs, Kent.
I play the piano and the keyboard to a high standard, playing a mixture of classical and pop pieces. I teach both classical and pop piano, and specialise in pop keyboard. It is great to be versatile and play more than one genre, a skill I always encourage, but I am equally happy to focus on one genre and develop skills and understanding in that area. These can be learnt for enjoyment or grades.
Writing musicals is a passion of mine and, for my dissertation in my final year of university, I scripted, composed, directed and produced an original 90-minute musical, 'Robin Hood: A Gospel Musical'. From this, I have experience in how to coach/direct students in musical theatre performance, and can also teach musical theatre composition. I have arranged a number of jazz band pieces, most recently for my Final Recital at university, and am fully capable of teaching this skill as well.
I was part of MEG (the Music Education Group) during my three years at university, being on the committee for the last two in which I ran gospel workshops teaching gospel singing and two/three-part harmony in primary schools throughout York, earning valuable experience working with children. I have since also helped school choirs, in particular training them to sing at the O2 as part of the Young Voices initiative.
For many years, I have performed in formal and informal settings, for paid concerts and charity gigs, and believe it is important to encourage others to perform. In summer 2014, I organised a concert for all of my pupils who wanted to take part and my current choir to perform. I was surprised at how many children, teenagers and adults hadn't had the chance to perform before, and I was happy to be able to rectify this in a safe, encouraging environment. I plan on organising many more concerts like this for my students in the years to come.
- How much do you charge?
- Singing, piano and keyboard lessons are £25 per hour, £15 per half hour.
Theory, composition and songwriting lessons are £20 per hour, £15 per half hour.
All consultation/first lessons £15 for the hour.
Group lessons: For three people or more, £15 each per hour.
Please contact me for information about current offers and sibling/family discount.
(Travel expenses of £5 and over will be added to the fee.)
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Broadstairs, Kent, where I have a music room with many resources, a piano, electric keyboard and microphone equipment. This is easy to travel to from Ramsgate, Margate, St Peter's, Kingsgate, Palm Bay, Cliftonville, Manston, Westbrook, Westwood, Cliff's End, Westgate, Birchington, Minster, Sturry, Wingham, Monkton, St -Nicholas-at-Wade, Sandwich, Deal, Herne Bay, Canterbury, Whitstable and Dover. I am also happy to travel to others in these areas so please contact me if you would like more information. If your county is not named but is nearby, please do not hesitate to contact me as I may still be able to reach you for lessons.
- When are you available?
- I have availability on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday during the day and evenings. It is good to get into the habit of having a weekly/fortnightly slot at the same time, but equally I am happy to arrange lessons week by week for adults who need more flexibility. I aim to be flexible to suit you, so please contact me for more information as I will always try to fit you in if possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am keen to teach any age (5+), for enjoyment or grades, as everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy and discover music.
Singing - all abilities
Theory up to Grade 5
Electronic Keyboard up to Grade 6
Piano up to Grade 5.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am happy to tailor lessons to the individual students needs, whether that be for enjoyment purposes or grades. If students wish to take exams in their chosen subject, I will prepare them for Trinity/ABRSM/LCM (singing), ABRSM (piano/theory) or Victoria College of Music (electronic keyboard) exams. For pupils who do not wish to take exams but would like to study at exam standard, I am happy to tailor lessons to them.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I have also completed a Child Protection Awareness Course with the NSPCC.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Tutoring via skype is an option. Please contact for more information.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) and the Association of Teachers of Singing (AOTOS).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Singing - Dee Mardi (to 2009). University of York - Yvonne Seymour (09-10), and Anna Stott (10-12).
Keyboard - Frances Rowberry
Theory - Frances Rowberry
Piano - Mrs J George
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Thank you for reading my profile. Music is an important part of life and personal to everyone. I am very keen to encourage music learning in all ages, whether it be for enjoyment or grades, and will always endeavour to help my pupils as much as possible. I believe in teaching at the pace of the pupil in a fun and relaxed environment while enabling them to learn and grow. I aim to teach all of my pupils general musicianship, sightreading, music theory and performance techniques as well to make them a good all round musician in their chosen area. I will always try to accommodate my students as best as I can, whether that be through support via email as well as lessons, going to concerts to give them feedback, etc. I am very passionate about music and look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Send a message to Helen Littlewood
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more