Find UK Tuition
Jazz Trombone Teachers / Jazz Trombone Lessons in Southampton
Read more about Jazz Trombone
Compare Jazz Trombone Teachers in Southampton (Hampshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Jazz Trombone Lessons from tutors who can travel to Southampton (Hampshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Jazz Trombone Teacher jobs in the Southampton (Hampshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in SO postcode
|Neil Doherty||Southampton, Hants, SO15|
Tutors travelling to SO
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Duncan Morrell||Harrogate, HG3|
|James Harold||London, N7|
|Ellie Smith||Manchester,Worsley, M30|
|David Roode||Ealing, W13|
|Paul Taylor||London, SE16|
|Evan Clegg||Lewisham, SE13|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Trombone
- Personal Message
- I am a highly experienced and enthusiastic trumpet player living in Southampton.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- As well as trumpet I teach all other Brass Instruments from Beginner to Professional standard. I also offer help with GCSE and A Level Coursework, as well as taking students through ABRSM Music Theory Grades.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) Music
- What kind of experience do you have?
- As a teacher I have tutored on all brass instruments and music theory, teaching kids both in groups and one on one. My students in the past have ranged from age 6 - 60 from all standards of playing, whether they want to play through the ABRSM Grade system, turn professional or get some help with a few problems.
As a player I have worked as a session Trumpet Player throughout the UK. I have been fortunate to have played with so many great Ensembles, Artists and shows such as; Annie the Musical (UK Tour), The Rat Pack Vegas Spectacular, Zoe Tyler, European Youth Brass Band (2003), Claire Sweeney, Clem Curtis (The Foundations), The Ulster Youth Jazz Orchestra, Darren Day, Roy Walker, Belfast Studio Symphony Orchestra, House Orchestras for P&O Cruises - Oceana, Oriana, Ventura, Arcadia & Azura, Newcastle University Symphony Orchestra, The New Squadronaires Big Band, Southern Camerata Orchestra and the Memphis Belle Swing Orchestra to name a few.
From all this, I have had the privilege to performed at some of Europe’s most prestigious venues; such as the Royal Albert Hall, Main Street Euro Disneyland Paris, Manchester Bridgewater, Belfast Waterfront Hall, Ulster Hall, Glasgow SECC Hall, St. David’s Hall Cardiff, Grieghallen Bergen Norway, Birmingham Symphony Hall and the Belfast Opera House.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 - 1hour
£15 - 30 mins (for beginners)
£25 - Special 1hour package deal for 30 mins Music Theory and 30 mins Practical
First Lesson FREE for Beginners*
- Where do you teach?
- Southampton, Portsmouth and within the Hampshire Area. Students further afield I teach online via Skype.
- When are you available?
- I try to run a schedule that works both for myself and the student, so lesson days can vary if needed.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels, beginner to advanced, young and old.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Whether you are just starting out, looking to improve your sound, range, stamina or get some tips and guidance for playing in a professional environment. I can also help you prepare for an audition for Music College, Cruise ships or a Music Course.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I give lessons online via Skype which has been working out fantastically. So far I have students in Northern Ireland and different parts of England.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians' Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have studied trumpet with George Parnaby, Richard Martin and Mike Lovatt.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Beginners starting out, don't worry if you don't have an instrument, I can help you with buying (or renting) an instrument to get you started.
Students doing Music GCSE or A Level, improve your Coursework by learning how to put your Composition/Arrangement on the computer and submit a professional looking score.