Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition in Guildford
Read more about Key Stage 1 Maths
Compare Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors in Guildford (Hampshire/ Surrey) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition from tutors who can travel to Guildford (Hampshire/ Surrey) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 1 Maths Tutor jobs in the Guildford (Hampshire/ Surrey) area then sign-up here.
Nearby Tuition Centres
|MagiKats Guildford||Guildford, GU1|
|Kumon Guildford North||Guildford, GU2|
|Explore Learning Farnham||Farnham, GU9|
|MagiKats Farnham||Farnham, GU9|
|Explore Learning Camberley||Camberley, GU15|
|MagiKats Mytchett||Frimley / Farnboro, GU16|
|Explore Learning Woking||Woking, GU21|
Tutors travelling to GU
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Graham James||London, W8|
|Laura Turner||Streatham, SW16|
|Miss Abhi||Watford, Herts, WD19|
|Janina B-S||North London, N19|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Sam Kam||Birmingham, B16|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Mohammad Bari||East London, E7|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Sara Sewell||Rugby, CV22|
|Peta Cornish||London, NW2|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Mill Hill East, N12|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Mrs P||Enfield, EN3|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Denise Byrne||Islington, N5|
|Dr Margaret Nwagwu||Nottingham, NG8|
|Shu-Chen Warner||Croydon, Reigate, CR3|
|Amir Hussain||Borough, London, SE1|
|Rachel deG||Putney, SW15|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Sabah Hussain||East Lancashire, BB5|
|Matthew Brown||North West London, NW7|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Abi Mogul||Wembley, Harrow, HA0|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
|Mike Chick||Exeter, EX4|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|H Backley||Heathfield, TN21|
|zhiying||Sipson, Hillingdon, UB7|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Mark Parris||London, SE25|
|Fan Fan Wong||South Wimbledon, SW19|
|Kavitha Ravindran||Welwyn Garden City, AL8|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Amy Yuan LRAM||Kensington, SW7|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Susannah Groome||Bournemouth, BH4|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB5|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|David Wells||London, NW2|
|Emily Forster||East London, E3|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Maths
- Personal Message
- Highly experienced Maths teacher and tutor who has also trained as a dyslexia specialist, as a Think Buzan Licensed Instructor and Memory Licensed Instructor, with Tony Buzan, and as an NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Maths to undergraduate level, study skills, creative learning. memory skills and mind mapping (including iMindmap software), dyslexia/dyscalculia support and life coaching/Neuro Linguistic Programming.
I have tutored all examinations boards for GCSE Maths (both Modular and Linear) and for A level Maths. As a Think Buzan Licenced Instructor, I can offer advanced mind mapping instruction: as a revision/planning/presentation tool for students, as as a project management/planning/presentation tool for business and as a personal organisational tool for individuals.
Do you need greater confidence or to deal with issues in your life - NLP coaching can help you to achieve your goals and greater success.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) Economics, BA (Open) Maths and Statistics, PGCE, RSA Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties, TLI (Think Buzan), TMLI (Think Buzan), NLP Practitioner Certificate
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 30 years teaching and tutoring. Have taught Maths to A level and supported dyslexic students in schools for over 30 years, most recently as a Head of Maths; I have also held the post of SENCO, testing and supporting dyslexic students. I am now self employed, running my own tutoring business called Think Infinity.
I have had extensive experience of privately tutoring students of all ages and have helped many to exceed the grade they needed to achieve at GCSE or A Level Maths. I have also helped many dyslexic students to develop strategies to improve their spelling, reading, free writing, revision skills and organisational skills. Through my experience of bringing up two dyslexic sons, I have also been able to develop the skills necessary to detect Irlen Syndrome in a student and have referred them for specialist testing - one primary level student recently rose 2 levels in reading in a couple of days once he had received his specialist Irlen glasses.
- How much do you charge?
- At the student's home (fee dependent on travel time to student's location): minimum £35 per hour for Maths tutoring; minimum £40 per hour for dyslexia support/special educational needs; minimum £60 per hour plus travel if appropriate for adult life skills coaching/NLP coaching. Rates at my home, if this is possible to arrange, are negotiable.
- Where do you teach?
- Tutor at home and at student's home. Nearby towns: Camberley, Farnborough, Aldershot, Fleet, Sandhurst, Bagshot, Crowthorne, Wokingham, Bracknell, Reading, Basingstoke, Guildford, Hook, Ash, Old Basing
- When are you available?
- Day time, evenings and weekends. Also during school holidays for intensive tutoring and revision.
A level Maths students can be tutored during day time free periods when they are not required in college.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 5 years to adult. Primary, secondary, further and undergraduate levels, also adult education.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- KS2 SATs - Maths and English, GCSE Maths, IGCSE Maths , A Level Maths (including Further Maths), 1st year university exams involving Maths modules, the Maths content of any BTEC/HNC/etc course at a college of further education, equivalency testing for GCSE Maths (e.g. to enter teacher training).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Currently email support, webcam in the future.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Degrees from Lancaster University and The Open University. PGCE (teacher training) from Brunel University. RSA Dip SpLD at Amersham & Wycombe College. TMLI and TLI from Think Buzan, Cardiff.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Dyslexia and dyscalculia support with students from year 3 to year 7. GCSE Maths students, including Gifted & Talented doing early exam entry and AS Maths in year 11, A level Maths students, adult student doing HNC Engineering. Recently helped adult student achieve exceptionally high marks on a GCSE Maths equivalency test for entrance onto teacher training and a 16 year old student to jump from an E grade to a C grade at GCSE in2 months of tutoring (and hard work on the part of the student!).
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My approach is very different to what you have experienced in a classroom - for example, I get you to 'think out aloud' because i don't just want to teach you facts (be it Maths, spellings, etc), I also want to make sure that you choose the best and quickest route to getting a question right or to writing a piece of work. I will often answer your questions with another question or ask you some probing questions at the start of a new topic - to make sure you haven't misunderstood something somewhere along the 'road' and to make sure you really understand the key points. My students also like my 'bubbles' - notes in coloured bubbles on the side of their pages where I will dictate some hints and tips tailored to what you find difficult or hadn't realised in the past about the topic. (Many of my students start making their own 'bubbles' in lesson for other subjects and say they are a great revision tool).
Send a message to Sue Perkins
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more