Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 2 English Tutors / Key Stage 2 English Tuition in Sheffield
Read more about Key Stage 2 English
Compare Key Stage 2 English Tutors in Sheffield (South Yorkshire/ Derbyshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 2 English Tuition from tutors who can travel to Sheffield (South Yorkshire/ Derbyshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 2 English Tutor jobs in the Sheffield (South Yorkshire/ Derbyshire) area then sign-up here.
Nearby Tuition Centres
|Kumon Sheffield, Beauchief||Sheffield, S8|
|Kumon Crookes||Sheffield, S10|
|Kumon Sheffield, Crystal Peaks||Sheffield, S20|
|Kumon Rotherham||Rotherham, S60|
Tutors travelling to S
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Teresa Chilton||Worcester, WR4|
|H Backley||Heathfield, TN21|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|Tess Seddon||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Graham James||London, W8|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|J Stones||London, SW4|
|West's Coaching Service||Oxford, OX2|
|Edmund Lovatt||Oxford, OX1|
|Carla J||North London, N1|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Orpington, Kent, BR6|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|Hannah Knight||London, N4|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Sara Wein36||Edgware, London, HA8|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Nasia||East London, E6|
|Katherine Mackin||Cardiff, CF15|
|Kerry Pitman||Ashford, TN24|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Kristina Symons||Eltham, SE9|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Sanam Arora||Harrow, HA1|
|K Heardman||Plymouth, PL9|
|Alice Marshall||Battersea, SW11|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Jack Mclean||London, N5|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|Nicholas Parkinson||South East London, SE26|
|Martine Daniel||York, YO31|
|Denise Byrne||Islington, N5|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Liliane||North London, EN4|
|Gary Budden||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Natasha Tiwari||Medway, ME8|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, East London, E3|
|Miranda Wirz||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA11|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||London, SE3|
|Judith Brennan||Tyne & Wear, DH9|
|Estelle Makin||Beeston/ Nottingham, NG9|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Dr Rajandra Shah||Northampton, NN1|
|Mary Kidson||Ledbury, HR8|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Valeria Powell||South London, SE27|
|Sarah Wiesendanger||Guildford, GU12|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|R Joanne||Leeds, LS17|
|Mary Thompson||South London, SW16|
|Dr Margaret Nwagwu||Nottingham, NG8|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Catherine Wright||Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1|
|Keith Wilmot||Birmingham, B31|
|Rosemary S L Beard||Sutton, SM2|
|Miss Olubi||Northolt, Ealing, UB5|
|Lindsay Nova||Dartford, DA9|
|Mr Dalton||Bloxwich, WS3|
|Spanish Tutor MK||Milton Keynes, MK4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 English
- Personal Message
- I have many years of successful experience as a teacher, specialising in teaching reading and writing. I enjoy finding ways to make learning fun and successful for each individual.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My favourite subjects to teach are all literacy related - reading, writing, spelling, and handwriting. I am fascinated by the way children (and adults) learn to use language, and really enjoy helping learners to make progress. Whether you have a young/primary school child who might benefit from some extra support, or an older child who needs to develop specific literacy skills, I will be able to help. For adults who have either basic literacy needs or who need to develop their use of writing and reading for specific reasons (eg essay writing) I can provide the appropriate level of support and challenge to lead to success.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Teacher's Certificate, a B.Ed. degree, a Master's degree in Reading, and a PhD. My doctoral research examined how young children learn to spell.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years of experience as a class teacher in infant and junior schools, and I have also worked as a literacy support teacher and as a teacher of children with English as a second or third language. I also worked for many years training student teachers. I am very skilled at analysing a child or student's current strengths, identifying future needs, and matching interesting learning experiences to the situation. I am used to giving regular feedback, setting achievable targets and goals, and motivating all learners. I have all the necessary academic knowledge and teaching skill, plus lots of enthusiasm, patience, and understanding.
- How much do you charge?
- My hourly rate is £30. I suggest that we have a brief initial telephone chat to establish what you are looking for. My first meeting with a child/student will be a thorough initial assessment session, and this will cost £15, regardless of how long it takes. Following this I will prepare a written report and action plan for the agreed period of instruction, after which you will be able to decide whether or not to continue with tutorial sessions. There will be no travel costs within Sheffield.
- Where do you teach?
- I have a car and will travel throughout the Sheffield area to work in your home. I might travel further afield in the right circumstances,although travel costs might apply. Chesterfield, the Peak District and Rotherham are all possible. I can also teach in my home if suitable.
- When are you available?
- I am flexible with times and days of the week, depending on my other tutoring commitments.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am willing to teach all ages and levels. If you feel I might be able to help you or your child to gain greater confidence,to improve skills, or to get greater pleasure from any aspect of reading and writing, please get in touch!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not at the moment.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For essay writing tuition I can offer online support via email and Skype. Sample work will be set and assessed, followed by written and verbal feedback and support being provided.
Send a message to Elaine Barnes
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more