Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition in Hemel Hempstead
Read more about Key Stage 2 Maths
Compare Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors in Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition from tutors who can travel to Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 2 Maths Tutor jobs in the Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) area then sign-up here.
Nearby Tuition Centres
|Marie Redmond Tuition||Buckinghamshire, HP8|
|11+ Tops Tuition||Beaconsfield, HP9|
|Explore Learning Beaconsfield||Beaconsfield, HP9|
|Explore Learning High Wycombe||High Wycombe, HP11|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|George Bowman||Chesterfield/Sheff, S40|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Mike Chick||Exeter, EX4|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Mr Dhir MathsTeacher||Hayes, UB4|
|Mike Dowling||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Mike Ford||London (N1), N1|
|Stefan Gugura||Ipswich, IP4|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Steve Roberts||Cwmbran, Torfaen, NP44|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||London, SE3|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Alex Wingfield||London, N16|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Tom Drysdale||Durham, DH1|
|Nadia Younas||Ealing, W13|
|Bryan Dadson||London, SW18|
|Mohammad Bari||East London, E7|
|zhiying||Sipson, Hillingdon, UB7|
|Nasia||East London, E6|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|B sharma||Chelmsford, CM1|
|Abi Mogul||Wembley, Harrow, HA0|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
|Mark Parris||London, SE25|
|Rachel deG||Putney, SW17|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Amy Yuan LRAM||Kensington, SW7|
|Brian Cairnie||Sevenoaks, TN14|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Mill Hill East, N12|
|Jay Patel||Park Royal, NW10|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB5|
|Surita||Caversham, Reading, RG4|
|Teresa Hoy||South Croydon, CR2|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
|Andrew Corbin||Durham, DH1|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Joseph Alexander||London, W1|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Gloria Deih-Collison||Stanwell, TW19|
|J Preece||Chiswick & Oxford, W4|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|Amir Hussain||Borough, London, SE1|
|Stella Vink||Maidenhead, Berks, SL6|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA12|
|David Wells||London, NW2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 Maths
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced primary teacher who tutors in KS1/ 2 Maths & English, as well as teaching Spanish to all levels. My philosophy is all about reaching one's potential in an enjoyable, engaging way and quickly instilling confidence.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach KS1 & 2 Maths and English.
I teach all levels of Spanish, from having fun and holiday Spanish, up to GCSE and 'A' Levels.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I obtained a 2.1 in Spanish language from my university in 1997 (this included a year abroad in Costa Rica where I researched my thesis as well as passed 'advanced' Spanish courses at San Jose University).
In 2008 I achieved 'Qualified teacher Status' (QTS) from Hertfordshire University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- The first six years were teaching at a primary school in Watford, Hertfordshire and for the last year I have been tutoring. My tutees' ages range from 6 to over 60. As a primary school teacher I taught from years 2 to 6 but mainly with children in the upper school, therefore I know what it takes to get children successfully through their SATs exams. My success rate is high. Feedback from my clients has been very positive (please see my testimonials).
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for my lessons on an individual basis. A reduction of £5 for siblings.
I also can teach groups of children, for every extra child I would reduce the individual price by £5 again.
If you want me to travel outside of Tring I would add between £5-£15 extra for travel costs, depending on the distances covered.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home as well as travel to the homes of my tutees in Tring, Berkhamsted, Chesham, Hemel Hempstead (Hertfordshire) Wendover, Aston Clinton & Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire). I am able to travel to your home although I would have to add relevant travel expenses, depending on how distant the location.
- When are you available?
- I am available Monday to Friday - 9am until 8pm.
Also I am available on Saturday morning from 9am until 2pm.
Homeschooling - If extra work is needed during school holidays or during school hours, I am happy to arrange that too.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- KS1 & 2 Maths and English - I teach from Year 2 to Year 6 (ages 6 to 11).
Spanish - all ages, from beginners up to more advanced (primary Spanish up to A level).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE/ AS/ A Level Spanish
SATs KS2 Maths and English
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - I have a 'Subject access' letter from the Police National Computer (PNC) records, which states: 'There is no information held about you on the PNC'. A copy of this letter has been uploaded. (See profile to download)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently I tutor nine pupils, ages range from 6 to 11 years old. One of them began at level 4B in maths and within six months took the Level 6 maths paper where he has achieved a Level 6. Another pupil, who recently received his SATs results, went from a 3B in maths to a 4B. Other pupils have grown in confidence in their subjects and have overcome their fears rapidly; this has stemmed, in large part, from allowing the pupils to always see and be proud of their progress no matter how small these may be at times. It also comes from assessing pupils accurately so work is pitched appropriately, neither being too demanding nor too easy.
Spanish students again need learning individually tailored to their needs so at the beginning I will always ascertain what the student wants to achieve from our sessions. Is it a qualification you have undertaken, travel Spanish needed or just something you've always wanted to do - a tick on the 'Bucket list'?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I know what it's like to be a learner; one who is struggling and also one that is thriving and achieving. These experiences have taught me an enormous amount, shaping my approach to the way I tutor. Effective learning is about teamwork, overcoming barriers, being encouraged, being proud of your achievements, working hard, having your needs tailored to whilst feeling relaxed and happy in the process. With these in place everything is possible and I hope to be able to prove that to you.
Send a message to Adam Large
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more