Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition in Hemel Hempstead
Read more about Key Stage 2 Maths
Compare Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors in Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition from tutors who can travel to Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 2 Maths Tutor jobs in the Hemel Hempstead (Buckinghamshire/ Hertfordshire) area then sign-up here.
Nearby Tuition Centres
|Hemel Hempstead Kumon||Hemel Hempstead, HP1|
|Marie Redmond Tuition||Buckinghamshire, HP8|
|11+ Tops Tuition||Beaconsfield, HP9|
|Explore Learning Beaconsfield||Beaconsfield, HP9|
|Explore Learning High Wycombe||High Wycombe, HP11|
|MagiKats High Wycombe||High Wycombe, HP11|
Tutors travelling to HP
|Matthew Brown||North West London, NW7|
|Teresa Pells||Uxbridge Middlesex, UB10|
|Miss Abhi||Watford, Herts, WD19|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Brian Cairnie||Sevenoaks, TN14|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Matthew Brown||North West London, NW7|
|Tom Drysdale||Durham, DH1|
|Denise Byrne||Islington, N5|
|Jay Patel||South Harrow, UB5|
|H Backley||Heathfield, TN21|
|Bernardo Lopes||Earlsfield, London, SW17|
|Estelle Makin||Beeston/ Nottingham, NG9|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Mr Dhir MathsTeacher||Hayes, UB4|
|Susannah Groome||Bournemouth, BH4|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Rebecca Bates||Oxford, OX2|
|Kavitha Ravindran||Welwyn Garden City, AL8|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
|B sharma||Chelmsford, CM1|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Sabah Hussain||East Lancashire, BB5|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB5|
|Stella Vink||Maidenhead, Berks, SL6|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Bryan Dadson||London, SW18|
|Dima Abdo||Croydon, CR0|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Roxanne S.||Crouch End, N8|
|David Wells||London, NW2|
|Miriam Linehan||North London, N22|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Mrs P||Enfield, EN3|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Mike Chick||Exeter, EX4|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
|Stefan Gugura||Ipswich, IP4|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Andrew Corbin||Durham, DH1|
|George Bowman||Chesterfield/Sheff, S40|
|Master Learning UK||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|zhiying||Sipson, Hillingdon, UB7|
|Janina B-S||North London, N19|
|Teresa Hoy||South Croydon, CR2|
|Dr Margaret Nwagwu||Nottingham, NG8|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Mill Hill East, N12|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Karolina Szymon||Hackney, E8|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||London, SE3|
|Tara Kumar||Rayleigh, SS6|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Iskander Abraham||Chiswick, W4|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|J Preece||Chiswick & Oxford, W4|
|Mohammad Bari||East London, E7|
|Rachel deGarnham||Putney, SW15|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Surita||Caversham, Reading, RG4|
|Abi Mogul||Wembley, Harrow, HA0|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Mark Parris||London, SE25|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Amir Hussain||Borough, London, SE1|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA11|
|Miranda Wirz||Eccleshall, ST21|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 Maths
- Personal Message
- I am a qualified primary teacher who specialises in teaching KS1/ 2 Maths & English as well as teaching Spanish to all levels. My philosophy is all about reaching one's potential in an enjoyable way, quickly instilling confidence and self-belief.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all levels of Spanish up to 'A' Level and KS1 & 2 Maths and English.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I obtained a 2.1 in Spanish language from Middlesex University in 1997 (this included a year abroad in Costa Rica where I researched my thesis as well as passed 'advanced' Spanish courses at San Jose University).
In 2008 I achieved 'Qualified teacher Status' (QTS) from Hertfordshire University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- The first six years were teaching at a primary school in Watford, Hertfordshire and for the last year I have been tutoring. My tutees' ages range from 6 to over 60. As a primary school teacher I taught from years 2 to 6 but mainly with children in the upper school, therefore I know what it takes to get children successfully through their SATs exams. My success rate is high. Feedback from my clients has been very positive (please see my testimonials).
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for my lessons on an individual basis. A reduction of £5 for siblings. I also can teach groups of children, for every extra child I would reduce the individual price by £5 again.
If I have to travel to a student's house I charge up to £5 for added transport costs.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home as well as travel to the homes of my tutees in both Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. I am willing to travel up to 5 miles but if it is over 2 miles away I would have to add travel expenses of up to £5.
- When are you available?
- I am available Monday to Friday - 9am until 8pm. Also I am available on Saturday morning from 9am until 2pm. If extra work is needed during school holidays I am happy to arrange that too.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Spanish - all ages, from beginners to more advanced, primary up to A level.
KS1 & 2 Maths and English - I teach from Year 2 to Year 6 (ages 6 to 11).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE/ AS/ A Level Spanish
SATs KS2 Maths and English
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a 'Subject access' letter from the 'Police National Computer (PNC) records, which states: There is no information held about you on the PNC. A copy of this letter has been uploaded.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently I tutor five pupils, ages range from 6 to 11 years old. One of them began at level 4B in maths and within six months took the Level 6 maths paper where he has achieved a Level 6. Another pupil, who recently received his SATs results, went from a 3B in maths to a 4B. Other pupils have grown in confidence in their subjects and have overcome their fears rapidly; this has stemmed, in large part, from allowing the pupils to always see and be proud of their progress no matter how small these may be at times. It also comes from assessing pupils accurately so work is pitched appropriately, neither being too demanding nor too easy.
Spanish students again need learning individually tailored to their needs so at the beginning I will always ascertain what the student wants to achieve from our sessions. Is it a qualification, travel Spanish or just something you've always wanted to do - a tick on the 'Bucket list'?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I know what it's like to be a learner; one who is struggling and also one that is thriving and achieving. These experiences have taught me an enormous amount, shaping my approach to the way I tutor. Effective learning is about teamwork, overcoming barriers, being encouraged, being proud of your achievements, working hard, having your needs tailored to whilst feeling relaxed and happy in the process. With these in place everything is possible and I hope to be able to prove that to you.
Send a message to Adam Large
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more