Find UK Tuition
Musical Theatre Teachers / Musical Theatre Auditions Coaches in East London
Read more about Musical Theatre
Compare Musical Theatre Teachers in East London (Hackney/ Newham/ Tower Hamlets/ Waltham Forest) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Musical Theatre Auditions Coaches from tutors who can travel to East London (Hackney/ Newham/ Tower Hamlets/ Waltham Forest) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Musical Theatre Teacher jobs in the East London (Hackney/ Newham/ Tower Hamlets/ Waltham Forest) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in E postcode
|Brendan Weakliam PGDipRNCM BMu||East London, E11|
|Helen Colley||Essex/London, E11|
|Marianne Wright||SE & East London, E16|
Tutors travelling to E
|Emily Onsloe||Chelmsford, Essex, CM3|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Abigail EA Williams||Manchester, M15|
|Duncan Rutherford||North London, N1|
|Frances Israel||Islington, N1|
|Katherine Williamson||St. John's Wood, NW8|
|Jamie Rock||Surrey Quays, SE8|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Rosie Lomas BMus(Hons)||Lewisham, SE13|
|Freya Jacklin||London, SE15|
|Kirby Anne Hall||Honor Oak Park, SE23|
|Natalie Sinnott||South East London, SE23|
|David Hardwick||Putney, SW15|
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Philippa Healey||Hitchin, SG5|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Angela Durrant||Cardiff, CF3|
|Craig Deuchar||London, N16|
|Suzanne Mansfield||Bramhall, SK7|
|W Summers-Taylor||West London, W14|
|Rachel Marsh||Cardiff, CF14|
|Andy Aroditis||ILFORD, LONDON, IG1|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Jessica Eccleston||Manchester, M13|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Linda Gerrard GRNCM||Cirencester, GL7|
|Alex Pidgen||London, SE6|
|Janet Munro||Bexley, DA16|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Bekki Gocher||Manchester, M3|
|Sarah Moule||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Jamie Rock||Surrey Quays, SE8|
|Santessa Thomas||Wimbledon, SW19|
|Charlotte Lee||Blackheath, London, SE3|
|Matt Buswell||Chiswick, W3|
|Sarah Jayne||Leeds, LS9|
|Benjamin Stirling||Maidenhead, SL6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Musical Theatre
- Personal Message
- I believe passionately in the potential of every one of my students and help them to develop through encouragement and sound, established teaching principles.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Classical, musical theatre and popular singing.
Preparation for singing auditions, exams and performances.
Music theory for examinations.
Voice tuition for acting and public speaking.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Diploma in Singing Teaching (Distinction); a Postgraduate Diploma in Singing Performance from the Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester; a first class Bachelor Degree in Music Performance from the DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama, Dublin; and an Advanced Certificate Distinction in Piano. I have also trained to a professional level as an actor.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching privately for over ten years, alongside forging a career as a singer and actor. During that time I have also taught in a number of music and theatre schools in the UK and Ireland. As a singing teacher, I have taught across a broad range of styles, specialising in classical, opera and musical theatre. I have taught singers ranging from professionals going for auditions to complete beginners doing their first singing exams. As a music theory teacher I have prepared students from ABRSM Grade 1 to 8 as well as students preparing for GCSE's and A-levels. As an acting teacher and voice coach I have taught across a broad range from beginners to college level students.
As a professional singer I have performed in venues all over the UK and Ireland in operas and opera galas, musicals, oratorios, classical song recitals, and concerts incorporating jazz, musical theatre and popular song. As an actor, I have performed in London's West End and in various venues in the UK and Ireland.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 for a one hour lesson.
£45 for an hour and a half lesson (advanced performers and advanced theory).
I also offer reduced rates for those on lower incomes.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Wanstead, East London - near Wanstead and Leytonstone tube stations.
I am easily accessed from anywhere in London and am a short distance from Redbridge, Newham, Barking, Dagenham, Waltham Forest, Leytonsone, Stratford, Ilford, Essex and East and West Ham
- When are you available?
- I teach Monday to Saturday between 10:00am and 10:00pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach ALL AGES AND LEVELS from complete beginners to advanced classical, musical theatre and popular singers; music theory from grade 1-8; voice and acting for actors; and voice for public speakers.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM, Trinity Guildhall and Royal Academy singing and theory examinations - all grades up to and including diploma standard in singing and grade 8 in theory.
GCSE and A-level singing and music theory exams.
I also prepare singing and acting students for entry to degree courses in classical singing, musical theatre, music and drama.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am CRB checked.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicians Union and Equity
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as an opera and recital/concert singer at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester (RNCM) and at the DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama in Dublin, where I also trained as a pianist, organist and composer. I trained as an actor at the London Centre for Theatre Studies. I have also had three years of Alexander Technique.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students range in age from 10 to 65. They include various levels and styles from professionally experienced singers, musicians and actors to relative beginners starting their first grade exams. Go to 'Student Testimonials' to read what some of my students have to say about my teaching.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It can be daunting to approach a new teacher. Believe it or not, teachers can get nervous too before meeting new students! So, take a chance and make contact, and let's get singing!!
Send a message to Brendan Weakliam PGDipRNCM BMu
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more