Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Geography Tutors / A-level Geography Tuition
Read more about A-level Geography
See below for Online A-level Geography Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Geography Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Geography Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Kevin Ripton||Chelmsford, CM2|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Rebecca Hutchinson||London, KT5|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Mr. David Poupart||Milton Keynes, MK12|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Darren Sargent||Salisbury, Wilts, SP2|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, W1|
|Graham James||London, W8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Radlett, WD25|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Geography
- Personal Message
- I specialise in German language and literature (I am half German), English language and literature, and Environmental Studies or Geography, either as an ongoing support to complement school work, or as a more intensive preparation for exams.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English IB, SAT (USA), 11+ Common Entrance, 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE, A-levels
German IB, SAT (USA), 11+ Common Entrance, 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE, A-levels
Geography IB, SAT (USA), 11+ Common Entrance, 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE, A-levels
I also provide support for university applications, having studied both at a US Ivy League College and Oxford University, as well as SAT and AP exam preparation support.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• London School of Economics (Graduated 2007), MSc Environmental Policy and Regulation, Merit
• University of Pennsylvania (Graduated 2005), BA Comparative Literature and Germanic Studies, Magna cum Laude
• University of Oxford, Pembroke College (Year abroad 2003-4), English and German Literature
• Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts (Graduated 2000)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked as a private German, English and Geography tutor for pupils of various levels (GCSE, A-levels, University) for 3 years. Examples include:
Final university exam preparation support for German student at University of Bristol – Oral skills and essay writing – Summer 2013
GCSE German language exam preparation for 4 students (at Latimer and St. Paul’s Boy’s School)– Spring 2013
A-level German exam preparation support – oral and grammar exercises – 17 year old girl at St. Margaret’s School – Spring 2013
Regular tutor for 15 year old on German language in Palm Beach, Florida – 2010
Tutor for 13 year old twins, both pupils at St. Paul’s Girls School, on German language (written and oral) - weekly 2 hour sessions for 6 months, 2010
GCSE Geography exam preparation for 3 students (at St. Paul’s Boy’s School)– Spring 2013
IB and EdExcel Geography exam preparation for 2 students (Radley College and American School in London) – Spring 2013
Home-schooling support on IB Environmental Science for 1 student (American School in London) – Winter 2012/13
English teacher in Pisaq, Peru for 3 months - 2006
- How much do you charge?
- 25 pounds an hour for any age up to 13+.
30 pounds an hour for 13+ through A-level.
35 pounds an hour for university level .
30 pounds an hour for group lessons of up to 5 children.
- Where do you teach?
- I am able to travel to students’ homes, and I also teach via Skype.
I am based in Pimlico, London (SW1) and am able to travel throughout London.
- When are you available?
- I am available at all times (including school holidays and summer) on a flexible basis, and am able to work around a student’s schedule.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach ages 7 – adult.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IB, SAT (USA), 11+ Common Entrance, 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE, A-levels, University degrees
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I teach online regularly via Skype, and find this is a very effective and efficient way to cover material.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have trained and tutored through various agencies in the past, including Bright Young Things, Holland Park Tuition, and Enjoy Education.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently helping a final year University student with his German exam preparation (oral skills and essay writing). We have regular sessions to discuss oral exam topics on current affairs, reading through newspaper articles and debating the topics. I am helping him to improve his grammar and pronunciation, and to use more German idioms. We have also been structuring his essay responses, and editing what he has written together. The sessions are very enjoyable and he is improving at speed!
I am also currently helping two 14 year old boys with their GCSE Geography. We are reviewing key concepts, and researching topics so that they have a wider understanding of the issues (like volcanic eruptions, climate change). This brings the topic to life and helps them to retain the facts.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I aim to be an engaging and inspiring tutor, sensitive to each pupil’s unique needs and aware of their specific learning styles. I believe I have the ability to explain complex material simply, to make learning enjoyable and to motivate students to excel academically. I focus on teaching study skills and analytical approaches, as well as making the material come to life. Finally, I truly love German, English and Geography, and am excited about inspiring you on these subjects.