Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Geography Tutors / A-level Geography Tuition
Read more about A-level Geography
See below for Online A-level Geography Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Geography Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Geography Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Kevin Ripton||Chelmsford, CM2|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Rebecca Hutchinson||London, KT5|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Mr. David Poupart||Milton Keynes, MK12|
|Thomas Wigley||Tottenham, London, N17|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, SE14|
|Darren Sargent||Salisbury, Wilts, SP2|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Graham James||London, W8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Geography
- Personal Message
- I am a 34 year old PhD student with some years teaching and tutoring experience at both secondary school and uni level. I have experience of tutoring all the GCSE sciences and all the exam boards.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all the sciences, Geography and Maths at GCSE, at A-Level I tutor Geography, Biology, Chemistry and Geology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- After getting good grades at GCSEs and A-Level (Biology, Geography, English) I went on to study Earth Sciences. I have a degree in Palaeobiology and Evolution, as well as postgraduate qualifications in Tectonics (PgCert) and Earth Science Research Techniques (MSc). I am currently engaged in a PhD to understand the tectonics of central Greece and the Mediterranean region.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring Key Stage 4 (GCSEs) as well as AS/A Level for 3 years. I work with students studying under the major exam boards, AQA, Edexcel, and OCR and am familiar with what examiners from these boards are looking for, which can really differ.I provide a student-tutor led syllabus based approach. This involves careful assessment of student strengths and weaknesses as compared to the syllabus being covered before carefully targeted support based on a combination of tutorial exercise sessions, homework and exam drilling.
I also teach university level geology and earth sciences (past 4 years).
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour for GCSE and £37 for A-Level. I charge £15 for each extra student above that. Discounts are available when paying in advance for block bookings.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in and around Haringey, including, Wood Green, Hornsey, Highgate, Finsbury Park, Palmers Green, Bounds Green, Enfield, Waltham Forest, Crouch End,and Alexandra Palace.
I also teach in Islington, so Holloway, Archway, Essex Road, Cannonbury, Highbury.
Northern parts of Hackney that I teach in include, Clapton, Stamford Hill, Stoke Newington and Dalston.
- When are you available?
- Currently very busy indeed. Most likely with some more availability after the Christmas break. Please feel free to enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 14yrs - Adult.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A-Level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I have an enhanced CRB from November 2011, which I can produce on request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a fellow of the Geological Society of London.
I am a member of the Palaeontological Association and the International Sedimentologists Association.
I am an associate of the Geologists's Association.
Send a message to Thomas Wigley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more