Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Sazan Meran||Birmingham, B74|
|Gary Mitchell||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Lindsay Carter||Bristol, BS8|
|Nathan Williams||Bristol, BS8|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Kate Mumford||London, E1W|
|Alexander Glover||London, E2|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Edward Mason||Guildford, GU2|
|Rosalind||Woking, Guildford, GU22|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Adam Cigman-Mark||London, N6|
|Liam H||Highgate, N London, N6|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Sheffield, S6|
|Henry Everett||London, SE15|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Utrecht, SW16|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Radlett, WD25|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am a recent Cambridge English graduate, who has been lucky enough to experience some wonderful teaching, which I'd like to try and emulate. I am also moving towards a career in music - as a lieder accompanist and Opera Répétiteur.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My main academic interests are Music and English (I was offered a place at Cambridge in two consecutive years for each of these subjects, before finally opting for English). But I am also happy to tutor Religious Studies and History.
I can also offer lessons in Piano and Music Theory, and provide coaching for singers.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I recently graduated from Clare College Cambridge with a degree in English Literature, where I held a choral scholarship for two years. I received a high first for Part I and a very high II:i for Part II.
I also completed a foundation course in singing at Trinity College of Music.
A Level/Pre U:
Cambridge Pre U Literature in English: Distinction One (I received full marks, which was the highest result in the country for this exam session)
A Level Music: A* (full marks)
A Level Religious Studies: A* (399/400)
A Level History: A* (397/400)
AS Level French: A (271/300)
GCSE and IGCSE:
9 A*s (English Literature, English Language, Drama, Chemistry, Physics - all IGCSEs. History, Religious Studies, Music, French - all GCSEs)
1 A (Maths)
Piano ABRSM Grade 8: Distinction (144/150), and the Dorothy Fryer Memorial Prize
Voice ABRSM Grade 8: Distinction (140/150)
Recorder ABRSM Grade 8: Pass
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I spent two weeks in Summer 2013 as a teaching assistant on an English language course with BlueBridge Education in Oxford.
I have a lot of experience coaching singers - in my final year at Cambridge, I devised and was musical director for a programme of "Entartete Musik" (by Jewish composers banned under the Nazis), including the UK premiere of an act from Franz Schreker's opera Die Gezeichneten (for which I played the piano arrangement from memory). Many of the singers hadn't worked on such difficult, chromatic music before - so I am well practised in finding ways to make hard music seem easier!
As a result of the Entartete project, I have been asked by Opéra National de Lyon to assist with repetiteuring and coaching on their production of Die Gezeichneten in 2015.
I also have experience working on music with children: I was music director for a year 9 production of a version of Animal Farm whilst at school.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25-£30 per hour, and for travel expenses outside of Zone 3.
- Where do you teach?
- Anywhere in London - I can also teach at my home in N6.
- When are you available?
- Very flexible hours at present - however, **I will not be available between January 25th and approximately March 20th**
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Mainly GCSE and A Level, but I could also teach Common Entrance and Key Stage 3.
I am happy to teach Piano up to Grade 8, and coach singers of all abilities.
I am also happy to help with preparation for Oxbridge interviews.
(A bit niche/unlikely to arise, but I could also help music undergraduates working on late Romantic Austro-German repertoire, especially opera - for instance, R. Strauss, Zemlinsky, Schreker)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have acquired a sound grasp of the GCSE and A Level exam system over the last few years, which could hopefully be put to further use. While I'm happy to "teach to the test" when necessary, I'd love to help develop more idiosyncratic academic interests as well - especially in the context of Oxbridge interview preparation. However, A level examiners can also be thrilled by unusual and personal slants on familiar texts - especially when marking countless essays on the same novel…! I would love to try to help develop ways of thinking, rather than than just handing over information on a plate, so to speak.
I am also very prepared to help people cope with the stresses of exam and interview preparation. These are stressful experiences, and it's vital to stay level-headed about them, both in order to stay sane and to do well! I'll do my best to ensure students remain as happy and calm as possible.
Send a message to Adam Cigman-Mark
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more