Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Sazan Meran||Birmingham, B74|
|Gary Mitchell||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Lindsay Carter||Bristol, BS8|
|Nathan Williams||Bristol, BS8|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Kate McCarthy||Bethnal Green, E2|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Liam H||Highgate, N London, N6|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Sheffield, S6|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Utrecht, SW16|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Radlett, WD25|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- An approachable and experienced English and Drama tutor ready to help you achieve your full potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Key Stage 1 - 3, GCSE, A Level English
GCSE, A Level Drama
GCSE, A Level History
Drama School Auditions
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a BA (Hons) in English and Drama: Theatre, Film & Television from the University of Bristol (class 2:1) 2007-2010. I also hold a Two Year Professional Acting Foundation degree from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in association with the University of Kent (2010-2012).
Prior to this I achieved 3 A-levels in English Literature (A), History (A) and Drama and Theatre Studies (A). I have 7 A*-A grades at GCSE level (with high A*'s in English Literature, Drama and History) as well as B grades in Spanish and Art.
I also hold a Grade 8 certificate with the Alto Saxophone, Grade 4 for Violin, Grade 4 for Tap dancing and a Grade 3 ballet qualification.
At the University of Bristol I was awarded the Rapier Scholarship award (2010) for my on-stage contributions during my three year tenure there.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked as a Teaching Assistant in mainstream primary and secondary establishments, working closely with students on literacy and numeracy skills. I have also taught 4-16 year olds at top London performing arts schools as well as offering private drama and vocational tuition. I've run drama clubs with lower school students as well as Shakespeare workshops with the Education department at the Royal Shakespeare Company and Shakespeare at the Tobacco Factory (Bristol). Additionally I've assisted in LAMDA examinations and short courses, tutoring drama school applicants with their audition speeches, covering a range of classical texts to contemporary plays. I ran workshops in LAMDA's summer school of 2011 in the short courses 'Audition Technique' and 'Introduction to Drama School'. I am familiar with the most commonly taught exam syllabuses and am confident in ticking off the assessment objectives for every subject I tutor in and every exam I help prepare for. I have worked as a freelance tutor since graduating from Bristol University in 2010.
My most recent exploit was running and performing in a poetry workshop for Year 9 students who partook in RSC Poetry Day (October 2013) at the Swan Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25.00 per hour (£30.00 for A-level tuition). There may be a £5.00 travel supplement in some cases.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at wherever is most convenient for you in and around the London area, whether that's at your home or mine or somewhere in between. I would be willing to travel to neighbouring locations situated around the Greater London region.
- When are you available?
- I am available any time during the week and weekends. I am also available during school and public holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and abilities up to A-level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Key Stage Exams
11+ and 13+ Exams (Secondary School Entrance)
I also prepare students for vocational courses like drama school applications or LAMDA examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have just submitted for a DBS disclosure certificate which I will endeavour to carry with me to all tutoring sessions.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have an inbuilt web-cam and Skype for my laptop which I've utilized specifically for online Tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Equity (Actor's Union)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring Year 9 students in Stratford-upon-Avon in English Literature and English Language but specifically with Shakespearean text through the Education department of the RSC. I also have been running practical workshops, the last being a session on 'Romeo & Juliet'. I have an A-level English Literature student in Stratford-upon-Avon who is looking to go on to train as an actress at the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art. I am assisting her with two audition speeches, one a classical Shakespearean text and the other modern, a Dennis Kelly play. My last student in London I helped with his comprehension and poetry for his 11+ English exam. His ambition is to advance toward admittance into Sutton Grammar school. All are progressing well and have found our sessions highly beneficial.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I strongly believe that my friendly and understanding approach to you and your work makes me a tutor than you can build a strong and trusting rapport with. Whether it is working for a specific grade or simply strengthening and confirming what you already know to get you up to scratch in the classroom I will listen with a commitment to helping with the areas that I detect need work. So what are we waiting for? Let's get started!
Send a message to Nicholas Prasad
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more