Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Sazan Meran||Birmingham, B74|
|Gary Mitchell||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Kate McCarthy||Brighton/Shoreham, BN43|
|Harry de Moraville||Bristol, BS6|
|Lindsay Carter||Bristol, BS8|
|Nathan Williams||Bristol, BS8|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||Medway, Kent, ME1|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Sheffield, S6|
|Liam H||Stockbridge, Hants, SO20|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Utrecht, SW16|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Radlett, WD25|
|Tom Haggerty||York, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am a professional and dedicated private tutor who can help you or your child succeed in school; I also make learning enjoyable and interesting. We can revise what you have done in your weekly lessons, or prepare for next week's topics.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach History to all ages (GCSE, A levels, IB, and university)
Geography (GCSE, A levels, IB)
Religious studies and Philosophy (to A level)
I also offer university interview practice, and preparation for 11+, 13+, and American SAT exams.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an M.A. (2002) and a PhD (2008) in Medieval History from the University of Leeds. My first degree, in History, is from University College London (1999). I took a PGCE in History from the University of York (2000). I also have five A-levels in History, Ancient History, English, Law (all As) and Maths (B).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a qualified teacher for the last ten years, during which time I have taught at all levels from KS3 to university. I have experience of teaching GCSEs and A-levels, and in an international school where I taught IGCSE and International Baccalaureate. I am also an examiner for GCSE History and Religious Studies, A level History, and IB History, so can give you an 'insiders' perspective on exam technique. For the last two years, I have also helped students prepare for 11+ and 13+ examinations.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £30-35/hour, and will offer a discount if you book 5 or more lessons in advance.
- Where do you teach?
- I have recently moved to the Netherlands so only do tutorials in Skype.
- When are you available?
- I am free during the days, in the evenings, and at weekends. I am also available during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach everyone between the ages of 9 and adult.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE/IGCSE, A levels, International Baccalaureate, 11+, 13+. and university entrance.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One of my most recent AS students scored 100% in the Cold War exam, and 94% in the Tudor exam. Another GCSE student was predicted a C, but obtained an A in his exams with my help.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am enthusiastic about all the subjects I teach, and I hope you will be too. I love learning and exploring new ideas, and hope to instill this love of learning in the people I come into contact with. I am also patient, explain difficult concepts so you can easily understand them, but can also offer high-level advice on thesis and dissertation writing to degree level students. I want to use your time most effectively, so you get the most out of our sessions; we can revise what you've done in class to make sure you fully understand all the angles; we can prep for next week's lessons to give you a head start; we can go over any essays or coursework you might have, or practice for your upcoming exams.
Send a message to Dr Abbie Davies
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more