Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|James Heath||Birmingham, B1|
|Sazan Meran||Birmingham, B74|
|Gary Mitchell||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Kate Mumford||London, E1W|
|Alexander Glover||London, E2|
|Nathan Williams||Edinburgh, EH11|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Edward Mason||Guildford, GU2|
|Rosalind||Woking, Guildford, GU22|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Sheffield, S6|
|Henry Everett||London, SE15|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- As a qualified teacher I work with all exam boards and know exactly how to get you through your exams. I have passion for my subjects and am highly experienced.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- AS/ A2 Economics, Politics, Philosophy, Psychology, History and Sociology.
ESOL and adult learners in numeracy and literacy.
Music Theory, Piano.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) PPE, University of Manchester
PGCE (London Institute of Education) Humanities with Social Sciences
MA (Coaching for Educational Development)
Sign Language Certificate
Extensive training in working with student with a full range of educational and behavioural needs
Piano Grade 8
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Last Educational post Assistant Head in a Large London Secondary school
15 years teaching in Secondary Schools, specialising in AS/ A2 teaching and ESOL smaller groups
20 years experience tutoring students aged between 4 and 50.
Tutoring KS5 students since 2010 and previously Piano teaching since obtaining my Grade 8 examination in 1990.
I have worked as a TEFL teacher overseas and have held senior positions up to Assistant Headship within Secondary schools in London.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge 25-30 pounds per hour for tutoring AS/ A2 at my home. For students who require tuition at their homes I would add my travel costs to this, which would range from 5 to 7.50 pounds. GCSE tutoring would be 25 per hour with travel costs added.
I provide a discount for students who wish to be tutored during the day at my home.
I am happy to teach students in groups, for which I would calculate a per head figure which equated to approximately 40 pounds per hour in total.
Any student who requests a double session would receive a discount.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach both at my own home and at my students houses. I am also willing to tutor in study centres and libraries.
I am based in Enfield but am happy to travel within the Central and Greater London area, as well as towns within the Herts/ Essex/ Middlesex suburbs of London.
- When are you available?
- I am available Monday and Tuesday evenings from 4.30, Thursday evenings, Thursday and Friday daytime. I work through the majority of school holidays except for Christmas, one week at Easter and two weeks over the Summer.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience of teaching students aged from 4 to 55. My specialism has always been 16-19 year olds.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for GCSE and AS/ A2 examinations, music theory and practical piano examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I work with students via email sending resources and marking submitted work.
I will also provide subject lessons as well as tutoring sessions.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- NUT, ACSL, NCSL
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Please see above- University of Manchester and the London Institute of Education
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring four KS5 students in Politics, English, Economics, History and Psychology. In their AS examinations these students all achieved grades far higher than their predictions.
I am also teaching adult learners Psychology and Sociology for OU modules and conduct music tuition for a group of home educated students weekly.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a warm, flexible and experienced tutor and will ensure you achieve.
Send a message to Philippa Rumsey
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more