Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Chloe Masterton||Bath, BA2|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Nathan Williams||Halifax, HX1|
|Jessica Savage-Hanford||Kingston, Surrey, KT1|
|Jim Carroll||Weybridge, KT13|
|John Lewis||Epsom Surrey, KT17|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|Antonia Kaiya Shang||London, NW3|
|Julian Coleman||London, NW6|
|Sazan Meran||London, NW6|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Valeria Powell||South London, SE27|
|Emily Davidson||Winchester, SO23|
|Susan Reed||Winchester, SO23|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||Clapham, London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Becky Edwards||South West London, SW10|
|Charles Hotham||Balham, London, SW12|
|Dr Abbie Davies||London, SW16|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Will Wright||Kew, TW9|
|Martine Daniel||York, YO31|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am passionate about teaching, passionate about learning and have a strong journalism and performing arts background.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English Language and Literature, History, Drama & Theatre Studies. I also have experience in teaching English language skills to native Polish speakers (I am bilingual).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) in English Literature from Cambridge University and have recently completed an M.Sc in Social and Cultural Anthropology at UCL (University College London). A-levels: Drama (A), English Literature (A), History (A) and Spanish (B). After graduating from Cambridge I won a scholarship to study Japanese at Nihon University, Tokyo for one term. I received one of the top marks in the UK for English Literature at A-level.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked with primary school children, secondary school children and university students in England, Japan and Poland.
In 2008 and 2009 I worked as a teaching assistant for Japanese university students (Nihon and Waseda universities) for the 'International Programmes' department at Cambridge University. As well as taking responsibility for 30 students, I provided daily assistance to a lecturer at seminars and in examinations. During this time I also toured Japan with a theatre production of "Romeo & Juliet," which included acting workshops in Japanese universities and high schools. After graduating from Cambridge I moved to Poland and worked as a theatre teacher at Warsaw's Worldwide International School, where I developed a theatre program for Saudi Arabian high school and university students. I also provided private English-language tuition for three Polish locals.
In addition to this, I have extensive experience in student theatre. Whilst an undergraduate I was the Artistic Director of the Pembroke Players (2006-2009), directed four plays, was Deputy Theatre Editor of The Cambridge Student, Actor in the Pembroke Players' Japan Tour 2007, Secretary of the Pembroke Players' Japan Tour 2008 and Arts Editor of my college magazine, Pembroke Street.
Since graduating I have worked as a freelance journalist, a translator (Polish- English), Managing Editor of the Warsaw Insider Magazine and for the Polish Cultural Institute in Warsaw (the Adam Mickiewicz Institute). Earlier this year I worked with school children in Wembley for a series of documentary film projects, in partnership with UCL.
- How much do you charge?
- GCSE: £28, A-level: £30. £5 for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach either online or in students' homes. I am currently based in Kingston but can travel locally (Richmond, Wimbledon, Surbiton, Twickenham, Teddington, New Malden, Esther) and to central London.
- When are you available?
- I am flexible. Please get in contact and to arrange a time (weekends, week days and evenings) that suits you best.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I can teach English as a second language (for native Polish speakers) to all ages. I teach English literature, History and Drama at all ages to undergraduate level, as well as essay-writing skills.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a valid CRB certificate (January 2012).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am available for online tutoring, via Skype.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I was an English-language tutor whilst living in Poland for two years to two lovely sisters (aged 15 and 18).
Send a message to Jessica Savage-Hanford
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more