Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Sazan Meran||Birmingham, B74|
|Gary Mitchell||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Harry de Moraville||Bristol, BS6|
|Lindsay Carter||Bristol, BS8|
|Nathan Williams||Bristol, BS8|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Kate McCarthy||Bethnal Green, E2|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||Medway, Kent, ME1|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Sheffield, S6|
|Liam H||Stockbridge, Hants, SO20|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Utrecht, SW16|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Radlett, WD25|
|Tom Haggerty||York, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced tutor with a proven track record of success in helping my students to achieve their goals. I believe in teaching by encouragement, and in inspiring my pupils to love learning!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English and History from Key Stage 2 up to AS/A2 Level. I also prepare students for Common Entrance and specific school entry exams, as well teaching essay writing and exam technique. In addition, I am a reading specialist for those with difficulties in this area.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a B.A Hons degree in English Language and Literature, and also an M.A in Medieval Studies.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring individuals from primary up to adult, and running private classes for twelve years, and am particularly experienced in working with home educating young people. Recent examples of success in my teaching include helping a student pass the entrance exam for Eton, and also pulling an A level student up from a grade E to grade A in their A level History course.
- How much do you charge?
- Up to GCSE level = £24 per hour.
For AS level and above = £28 per hour.
For face to face group classes the fee is £20 for the 1st student, then an additional £5 per additional student. This cost is split equally between the students.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home, and also online via Skype and Webcam. I am based in Montgomery, Powys, and am easy to reach from nearby centres such as Welshpool (10 mins drive), Shrewsbury (35 mins drive) and Telford (45 mins drive).
I am not able to travel, as I don't drive, so all lessons will take place either at my home or online.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach between 12pm - 7pm, Monday to Friday, and occasionally on Saturday mornings. I follow the Welsh school terms, but will teach during the holidays by negotiation.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students from age 7 upwards and from Key Stage 2 up to A2 level. I am also happy to work with adults studying English or History, those wishing to improve their written English or essay writing skills and students preparing for ISEB Common Entrance Exams.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE and IGCSE English and History (all exam boards); AS and A2 level English and History (all exam boards); individual school entry and Common Entrance exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I do have an up-to-date DBS Certificate.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online via Skype and Webcam. I am also available by phone and email between lessons.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Historical Association (for History teachers).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a Historian at Royal Holloway, University of London, and at the Tower of London where I was a Historical Interpreter for four years. This involved learning to teach and communicate with people of all ages and walks of life.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- At present I run a History class for year 9 home educated students. I am taking two home educated students through the Edexcel IGCSE History course. I also have two students taking Edexcel IGCSE English and English Literature, and one taking the Cambridge IGCSE English course. I am coaching a high school student for A2 History, and I am an AS/A2 History teacher with Interhigh Online High School. In addition to all that, I am home educating my daughter!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am looking forward to hearing from you, and assure you that I will always give of my best to help you reach your goals. I believe in teaching by encouragement, and in inspiring my students to love learning!
Send a message to Yvonne Mason
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more