Find UK Tuition
Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
Read more about A-level History
See below for Online A-level History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|James Heath||Birmingham, B1|
|Sazan Meran||Birmingham, B74|
|Gary Mitchell||Bournemouth, BH6|
|Nathan Williams||Bristol, BS6|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Kate Mumford||London, E1W|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Dr Matt Barber||Exeter, EX2|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Edward Mason||Guildford, GU2|
|Rosalind||Woking, Guildford, GU22|
|Peter Miller||Northwood, HA6|
|Jim Carroll||Weybridge, KT13|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|Antonia Kaiya Shang||London, NW3|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Sheffield, S6|
|Henry Everett||London, SE15|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
|Tom_Phelan||Shepherd's Bush, W12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- Recently graduated from the University of Cambridge with a MPhil in History, I have been working at Penguin as an Editorial Assistant for almost a year.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English literature - all levels
English language - all levels
History - all levels
French - up to and including GCSE level
11+ Common Entrance - Maths, English, verbal and non verbal reasoning, and interview practice
13 + Entrance Exams - English, interview practice
Proofreading - all levels and all subjects
Assistance writing, researching, structuring and planning essays
University interview preparation and coaching
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA in History from King's College London 2011 (First Class Honours and winner of the Elizabeth Levett Memorial Prize for my dissertation)
MPhil in Early Modern History from the University of Cambridge 2012 (Distinction)
Art - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
English literature - A*
English language - A*
French - A*
History - A*
Maths - A
Music - A*
Physics - A*
A-levels (and AS levels)
Biology - A
French - A
English - A
History - A
Violin grade 8 - distinction
Music theory grade 5 - pass
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive experience planning, structuring, researching, and writing essays and dissertations. I have worked with students studying English at undergraduate level and assisted with their coursework.
My MPhil dissertation was 25,000 words long and we were expected to complete them in 6 months. I studied history and took several modules in the English department during my undergraduate degree, so I am very capable of writing both history and english essays up to degree level. As someone who only recently went through the education system, I understand exam boards and syllabuses, and as my own grades demonstrate, I am able to write first class essays.
I have experience tutoring 11+ Common Entrance English, as well as GCSE and A-level English. I also have experience teaching the violin and basic music theory to beginners.
I have worked as an Editorial Assistant at Penguin for a year now, as well as setting my own magazine as a student and working part time on the literary magazine Five Dials. As an editor I have excellent proofreading skills and an impeccable knowledge of grammar.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 an hour for lessons.
Essay writing will depend on the subject and level, as well as the amount of research I will need to undertake and the amount of needed to write it. It will also depend on what the desired grade is. However, this is an area where I am flexible and happy to discuss each case individually.
Proofreading I prefer not to charge by the hour but by the piece of work, depending on if it is a short essay or a long dissertation.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at students homes and am willing to travel anywhere within greater london.
- When are you available?
- At the moment I am free on weekdays during the evening - from 5.30. I am available all day on weekends. From July 2013 onwards I will be available during weekdays too.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach 11 + right up to degree level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11 +
AS level and A level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Send a message to Antonia Kaiya Shang
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more