Find UK Tuition
Online Conducting Teachers / Conducting Lessons
Read more about Conducting
See below for Online Conducting Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Conducting Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Conducting Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Afrodita Kathmeridou MMus||Edinburgh, EH12|
|Eliot Darwin||Sheffield, S6|
|Emilio Saev||WINDSOR, SL4|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Conducting
- Personal Message
- Experienced musician and composer with many years long practice in different European countries and various languages. Higher education and university professor. I teach in English, Greek, Russian, Bulgarian, Czech.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Music Theory (general theory and musicianship, harmony, counterpoint, composition analysis)
Composition - classical, popular, jazz
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Currently PhD in composition student in Edinburgh University
Janacek Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, Czech Republic - composition, MMus with First Class
Music Conservatoire and Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria - violin and conducting
- What kind of experience do you have?
- For the last 18 years, I have been a professor of music theory and composition at Prague Conservatoire, International Conservatoire, Jaroslav Jezek Jazz Conservatoire and Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.
I have extensive teaching experience with preparing students from various countries for entry auditions and final exams (BMus, MMus, ABRSM Grades). I have taught the violin for many years.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30/h and £20/30mins for all subjects. I am happy to offer half price consultation lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach mainly at home but can also travel within Edinburgh area.
- When are you available?
- Generally all week days and weekend from 10am to 6pm. Negotiable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels, from beginners to professionals. Children from the age of 4.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- All levels of ABRSM
Entry auditions, degree exams etc.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do not currently have it as I do not hold a teaching position at a school at present.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Currently studying PhD with Peter Nelson.
In Czech Republic composition with renowned composers Miloslav Istvan, Alois Pinos, Pavel Blatny, Ctirad Kohoutek.
In Bulgaria violin with Elena Geneva, Anton Hadjiatanasov and conducting with Vladi Simeonov.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My former students are now studying at universities, to name a few - City Univeristy in London, University of York, University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz, Austria, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic, Academy of Performing Arts in Prague and Brno, Czech Republic, etc.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My students learn easily and with joy :)!
Send a message to Afrodita Kathmeridou MMus
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more