Find UK Tuition
Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons
Read more about Elocution/ Accent Reduction
See below for Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Birmingham, B29|
|Helen Hendrickson Elocution||birmingham, B79|
|Ric Morris||Brighton, BN3|
|Fiona Battisby||Henbury, Bristol, BS10|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Susan Nataly Coombes||London and herts, EC2|
|Andy Aroditis||ILFORD, LONDON, IG1|
|Ann Adlem||Hitchin, LU2|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Benjamin Maeurer||London, N8|
|Isabel Nieves||Crouch End, N8|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Joanne Singer||LONDON, N22|
|Liam O'Sullivan||Northampton, NN16|
|Lucienne Sharpe||Bognor Regis, PO22|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Gary Horner||South London, SE22|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Tricia Etherton||Southend on Sea, SS9|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Linda Walden||Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Amber Armitage||Hastings, TN34|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Emily F Smith||Mayfair, London, W1|
|Luke Nicholson||London, W1|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
|Maureen Theaker||Wolverhampton, WV1|
|Karon Rickatson||York/ East Riding, YO41|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
- Personal Message
- I enjoy working with people of all ages and from all walks of life. My experience is wide-ranging, so please feel free to consult with me whatever your level or needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
IELTS: for native speakers (e.g. Australian visa requirements) and non-native speakers (e.g. conditional offers for university entrance); Academic English: dissertation writing/editing, presentation skills, general essay writing skills; Business English: help with English for presentations, conferences, meetings, letters/emails/reports, conversation at business lunches; EFL exam preparation: e.g. Proficiency, CAE, FCE, PET, KET, TOEFL; General English all levels.
Private tutoring for GCSE, Spanish classes for beginner/intermediate students, advanced discussion, everyday conversation classes, translation. Spanish through literature.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained as a primary/middle school Geography teacher, but after getting my B.Ed realized that English as a Foreign Language was my real passion, so I retrained as an EFL teacher. After teaching for a number of years overseas,I returned to my studies, taking the DELTA and preparing for British Institute of Linguists translation exams in Spanish.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- TEACHING EXAM PREPARATION EXAMINING PROOFREADING TRANSLATING TEXT BOOK REVIEWS WORKSHOP LEADER
Currently I tutor university students requiring Academic English, professionals who need English for business and/or pleasure, and candidates (of all ages) preparing for official examinations, including GCSE Spanish or English. I am equally comfortable working one-to-one, with a small group, or in a larger class. I also do on-line classes via SKYPE.
My experience has been extremely varied: 20 years + as an EFL/ESP language teacher/consultant; 15 years+ as a Team Leader/Oral Examiner for the Cambridge examinations (e.g. FCE, CAE, Proficiency); experience with students of all ages (youngest 4 yrs, most mature 85 yrs!) with differing objectives; course planning; development of materials for teaching and examining; translation of film scripts, websites, technical manuals, journal articles, conference papers, etc.
Additional experience includes: proofreading of texts written in English e.g. dissertations, essays, reports. Delivery of a range of workshops e.g. presentation skills, debate and discussion, effective communication, write with confidence.
- How much do you charge?
- Prices vary between £20 and £30 per hour depending on length/type of class and location. Special rates negotiable for longer classes/courses/larger groups. Travel expenses depending on distance/convenience of parking.
- Where do you teach?
- I can come to your home, or you can come to mine, whichever is most suitable. I am based between York and Hull. I can travel to anywhere within reason in North or East Yorkshire, including Pocklington, Stamford Bridge, Malton, Driffield.
- When are you available?
- I have hours available during the week, or at weekends, during the day, or in the evenings. Sorry I cannot be more definite about availability, but my work is irregular - we would need to negotiate a timetable together. During the summer months I have more limited availability due to work commitments.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages, all levels - including advanced and academic English. I have worked with Young Learners, adolescents, university students and academics, working professionals and retired people.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IELTS, Proficiency, CAE, FCE, TOEFL, or other examinations requiring an English test (e.g. Air Traffic Control exams, University entrance exams).
GCSE Spanish, GCSE English
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No, but I would be willing to get one.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have SKYPE and webcam.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am eclectic in my approach and will try to design a course to suit your needs and individual learning style. Unless I feel it is totally inappropriate, I will challenge you with tasks which require creativity and imagination. I believe I am friendly and easy-going and usually establish a good rapport with my students. However, I expect dedication and hard work from you, please!
Send a message to Karon Rickatson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more