Find UK Tuition
Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons
Read more about Elocution/ Accent Reduction
See below for Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Birmingham, B29|
|Helen Hendrickson Elocution||birmingham, B79|
|Ric Morris||Brighton, BN3|
|Fiona Battisby||Henbury, Bristol, BS10|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Susan Nataly Coombes||London and herts, EC2|
|Andy Aroditis||ILFORD, LONDON, IG1|
|Ann Adlem||Hitchin, LU2|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Benjamin Maeurer||London, N8|
|Isabel Nieves||Crouch End, N8|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Joanne Singer||LONDON, N22|
|Liam O'Sullivan||Northampton, NN16|
|Lucienne Sharpe||Bognor Regis, PO22|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Gary Horner||South London, SE22|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Tricia Etherton||Southend on Sea, SS9|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Linda Walden||Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Amber Armitage||Hastings, TN34|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Emily F Smith||Mayfair, London, W1|
|Luke Nicholson||London, W1|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
|Maureen Theaker||Wolverhampton, WV1|
|Karon Rickatson||York/ East Riding, YO41|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
- Personal Message
- I teach on Oxford Street in Central London or via Skype.
I can help you with the following
- People keep asking you to repeat what you've said.
- Your business or interview success is compromised due to your accent.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Accent Reduction, also known as elocution. I teach the Standard English accent. So not only do I look at the pronunciation of individual vowel and consonant sounds, but I also cover rhythm, tone and intonation..
I also teach public speaking so that you are able to speak with confidence and clarity.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold the following qualifications:
CELTA - Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (This is the standard qualification for English Language teaching the UK)
First-class BA(Hons) German Studies & Italian Studies (This gave me an excellent training in lingustics and phonetics)
MA Acting - Distinction in Voice and in Articulation (This gave me an advanced knowledge of how the voice and the muscles of the mouth work)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching English pronunciation one-on-one for several years. I also have been teaching classes at a language school on Oxford Street.
I have taught people from over 30 countries including:
East London (Cockney), Essex, Kent (Estuary), Norfolk, Huddersfield, Durham, Middlesbrough, the West Midlands.
China (Mandarin, Cantonese), Japan, India (Hindi, Telugu), Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey
France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Portugal
Russia, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia
Nigeria (Yoruba, Urhobo, Nigerian Pidgin), Uganda, South Africa (Afrikaans), Mauritius
Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, The Caribbean Islands
- How much do you charge?
- See my website for courses and the latest offers.
I charge £50 per hour (first lesson £45). There is a discount if you book a number of lessons in advance.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach on Oxford Street (central London, near Tottenham Court Road tube station which serves the Northern and Central Lines).
I also teach online via Skype.
However, I am happy to travel within the London area to where you live/work (including a travelling fee).
- When are you available?
- I am available Sunday - Thursday 8.00am-7.30pm.
The lessons are one hour long (but can be longer on request).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages of student.
As I adapt my lessons to the individual requirements of the student, it does not matter what level of English the student has.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Students should notice improvements after the first few accent reduction lessons with me.
Significant progress with your English pronunciation will be made after about ten hours of tuition. This is, of course, helped with with enthusiasm and practice!
Send a message to Luke Nicholson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more