Find UK Tuition
Online GCSE Music Tutors / GCSE Music Tuition
Read more about GCSE Music
See below for Online GCSE Music Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for GCSE Music Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online GCSE Music Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Susannah Groome||Bournemouth, BH4|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Harry de Moraville||Bristol, BS6|
|Mari Carmen||Bristol, BS6|
|Richard Colquhoun||Bristol, BS6|
|Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons)||Cambridge, CB1|
|RLM Singing Lessons||Cardiff, CF14|
|Fred Scott||South London, CR0|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Helen Littlewood||Broadstairs, CT10|
|Fionagh Bennet||Richmond, N.Yorks, DL11|
|James Henshaw||Whitechapel, E1|
|Sylvia Yee, Piano Tutor||East London, E2|
|Marta Bochenek||london, E7|
|Chiel Busscher||Leytonstone, E11|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Susanna Klayman||Edinburgh, EH9|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Yiannis Christophides||Barnet, EN4|
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Carole Ann Lindsey||Holmfirth, HD9|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Gareth Pr||South Midlands/ SE, HP19|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Theodora Stamoulaki||South West London, KT6|
|nathanbritton||Greater London, KT8|
|Aaron Monteverde||Epsom, KT19|
|Ed Roberts||Leeds, LS7|
|Bekki Gocher||Manchester, M3|
|Jessica Eccleston||Manchester, M13|
|Abigail EA Williams||Manchester, M15|
|Adam Davies||Manchester, M15|
|Alistair Campbell||Manchester, M43|
|Lottie Greenhow||Bedford, MK40|
|Frances Israel||Islington, N1|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Marie Schreer||London Manor House, N4|
|Adam Cigman-Mark||London, N6|
|Alex Merritt||London, N6|
|Liam H||Highgate, N London, N6|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|Stephen Pedder||Crouch End, N8|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Alex Paxton||London, NW2|
|Anne Marie Christensen||North West London, NW5|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||London, NW6|
|Joe Sharp||London, NW19|
|Ian Mayes||Chichester, PO19|
|Joseph Harris||Henley-on-Thames, RG10|
|Mr Daniel Short MMus RAM||London, SE1|
|Alvaro G. Cortes||Charlton, SE7|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Aston Wilson||Lewisham, London, SE13|
|Daniel Gooch Saxophonist||Greenwich, SE13|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, London, SE14|
|Freya Jacklin||LONDON, SE15|
|Samuel Bordoli||London, SE26|
|Hannah Northedge - VoiceCity||London, SE27|
|Daniel Joy||Ware, Herts, SG12|
|Kate Symonds-Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Aimée de Gruchy-Lambert||London, SM2|
|Neil Doherty||Southampton, Hants, SO15|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Miranda Wirz||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Edward Farmer||Central London, SW1|
|Anthony Friend||London, SW2|
|Dr Geoffrey Govier||South Kensington, SW7|
|Julia Paskova||London, SW7|
|Ning Hui See||Kensington London, SW7|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Christina Petrou||Battersea, SW11|
|Lois Au||Putney, SW15|
|Bryan Dadson||London, SW18|
|Will Buchanan||Tonbridge, TN12|
|Harry Winstanley||London, W1T|
|Rhea Ranjan||London, W1U|
|Andrada Maria Brisc||Ealing, W3|
|Chris Schlechte-Bond||Acton, W3|
|J Preece||Chiswick & Oxford, W4|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Alistair Bankier||London, W9|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Imogen Clarke||York, YO10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- I am a keen and passionate performer and instrumental teacher. I take great pride in imparting knowledge and skills in a logical, concise and digestible fashion.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I mostly teach saxophone and flute. I am happy to teach a range of genres and idioms - mostly Jazz or Classical, but also Rock, Pop and Blues. I also teach Piano, Oboe, Clarinet and Jazz Theory/Composition to all ages and ability levels.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Masters degree in Jazz Performance (MMus) which I received from Trinity College of Music in Greenwich. Before that I read Jazz Studies at Leeds College of Music for my undergraduate degree, earning a 1st class honours degree. I majored in both performance and composition and alongside saxophone, studied flute and clarinet.. As a music professional, I have received numerous awards from organisations including EMI, Arts Council England, The Leverhulme Trust and Jazz Services; In 2011 I was shortlisted for both the Peter Whittingham Award for Innovation in Jazz, and a London Jazz Award.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I currently hold two professional posts at educational institutions. I am Head of Woodwind at a prep school in Wimbledon, as well as a tutor of woodwind at a large public school. I have worked for the council and borough run music services, and have led a huge range of courses including Wider Opportunities programmes, orchestras and jazz clubs at school and in the community. I have led workshops in improvisation as part of national touring projects, and have successfully applied for Arts Council Funding to support my projects.
As a performer I started as a child. I initially started playing piano at the age of 5, followed soon after by the oboe at 7. At 8, I joined the Cathedral Choir in my city, and was later made Head Chorister. I was also principal oboe in the city's Youth Orchestra. At 18, I started my study of the saxophone, which quickly became my principal instrument before applying to study jazz at music college. I also play flute, clarinet and guitar. Since graduating I have given performances in a huge range of festivals, venues and concert halls across the country, including broadcasts for both national television and radio.
I have taught privately for a number of years, teaching both individuals and groups, including as part of the Wider Opportunities programme in Central Manchester. I have prepared students for entry to music college, ABRSM exams, GCSE assessments, various auditions and public performances.
- How much do you charge?
- I currently charge a rate of £40 per hour for all enquiries made through The Tutor Pages. I charge the same fee for all instrument/lesson types. This fee includes reasonable travel expenses, which can be discussed or clarified after further enquiries have been made.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in South-West London, including Kensington, Putney, Richmond, Wimbledon and Westminster, but am willing to travel to most locations in Greater London. I am equally willing to teach from my own home, or travel to students houses to teach. Please do get in touch to discuss this further.
- When are you available?
- I am available throughout the year, including school holidays. I am flexible throughout the working week and weekends, and am happy to commit to regular lesson times, or flexible hours. Please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss specifics.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience of teaching all ages and ability levels. I have a great deal of professional experience teaching Primary School age children, but equally have led workshops aimed at tutoring undergraduate level music students and adult learners. I design fluid lesson plans, and tailor my lessons to suit the individual needs of each student. Enthusiastic students are always welcome, no matter what their age or ability.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I quite happy to prepare students for any type of qualification, be it ABRSM/Trinity Guildhall graded exams, GCSE or A-Level performances or auditions for music colleges.
I believe that students of music should never feel pressured into taking graded exams, as it is not the right solution for everybody. I fully endorse the exam system; for some students it provides an excellent yardstick to measure their progress, however for others it can be a hindrance. Music lessons should always build confidence, develop musicality, and ultimately result in the creation of beautiful music.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have experience teaching instruments on Skype, and can be contacted on here.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at Trinity College of Music for my Masters Degree (MMus) and at Leeds College of Music for my undergraduate qualifications. I have studied with a great number of today's leading performance artists and jazz musicians. These include;
Dave O' Higgins
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music should always be fun, whether you are auditioning for a place at a music college, or just playing in your living room! Relax, perform and enjoy yourself!
Send a message to Tom Harrison
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more