Find UK Tuition
Online Gifted and Talented Tutors / Gifted and Talented Tuition
Read more about Gifted and Talented
See below for Online Gifted and Talented Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Gifted and Talented Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Gifted and Talented Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Sara Sewell||Rugby, CV22|
|Nasheed Qamar Faruqi||London, E2|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Zangmo Alexander||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|Emily Bliss||London, N19|
|Nicole O'Driscoll||Newcastle Tyne, NE7|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Stephanie Dodd||London, SW10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Gifted and Talented
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced, approachable and successful private tutor. English Literature is the primary focus of my work, though I have also worked with students on University Entrance, Study Skills and Academic Writing.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English Literature; Study Skills; Writing and University Entrance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Hons. in English Literature from Wadham College, Oxford; an MA in Critical Theory from Queen Mary in London, and an MFA in Filmmaking (as a writer and director) from Columbia University in New York.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 14 years of experience and have worked as a private tutor since completing my undergraduate degree in July 2000: first in London (through Oxford and Cambridge Tutors and independently), then independently in New York and in Paris. In 2006, I had my first experience of working with undergraduates, as a teaching assistant at Columbia University. Since returning to London, I have pursued tutoring as an adjunct to my work as a writer and director.
Each academic year, I work with about half a dozen students, whom I see for regular weekly sessions focusing on their individual needs, whatever their abilities. I also work with at least one home-schooled tutee each year. I have experience of working with dyslexic students, as well as those with other particular needs – from deafness, dyspraxia and depression to a change of schools. Nearer exam time, or as coursework deadlines loom, I tend also to see new students for a quick confidence boost or some focused revision.
- How much do you charge?
- My rates start at £60/hour (£50/hour for students living or willing to meet within 15 minutes of E2 0JN).
- Where do you teach?
- At my students' homes or occasionally at an agreed quiet public place if necessary. I am based in London (Bethnal Green) but am willing to travel for sessions within reason.
- When are you available?
- Monday 12:00 – 19:00
Tuesday 14:00 – 15:00
Wednesday 12:00 – 19:00
Friday 12:30 – 16:30
Saturday 12:00 – 19:00
Sunday 14:00 – 18:00
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE; A-Level; Pre-U; University Entrance; Undergraduate; Graduate (Study Skills and Certain Specialisms only)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Oxbridge Entrance; Pre-U; OCR, Edexcel, AQA and CIE AS/A Level and GCSE; IB; BA; MA.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a full CRB Check
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to make arrangements for Skype Tutorials - please contact me to find out more.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with one wonderful agency (one of the UK's best agencies), but you can save yourself a hefty introduction fee and commission by contacting me directly.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring one Pre-U candidate, one A2 student; an IB student and two GCSE candidates (GCSE). I also have one Masters student from Birkbeck College, London.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Tutoring is all about being able to adapt to the way my tutees learn. While no one approach can suit everyone, in general, I seek to help my tutees find the attitudes and tools they need to maximise their potential and enjoyment as students of English Literature. I focus on nurturing productive habits when it comes to reading and writing. These include finding different ways to understand and approach questions. I aspire to share my love of literature, thinking and writing with my students while helping them, and their parents, navigate ever-changing curricula and exam board specifications.
Send a message to Nasheed Qamar Faruqi
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more