Find UK Tuition
Online Italian Tutors / Italian Lessons
Read more about Italian
See below for Online Italian Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Italian Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Italian Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Katy Garden||Bristol, BS8|
|Anna P||Chester, CH2|
|Luisa Romano||Warlingham, CR6|
|Maria D'Argenio||Croydon, Surrey, CR7|
|Barbara Blazquez Castro||Cambridge/ Suffolk, IP28|
|Paul Grace||South Manchester, M21|
|Diana P||Manchester, M33|
|Monica Hills||Upchurch, ME9|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|Hamish Mackay||London, N1|
|Elisabetta_V||East Finchley, N2|
|Elena Lunetta||North London, N10|
|Howard Stephens||Cardiff, NP26|
|Gerardo Gozzi||Willesden, London, NW10|
|Daniela Gottardello||London, NW11|
|Filippo Di Bari||London, SE10|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Lucia Brandi||London, SE15|
|Beatrice Scaldini||London, SE16|
|Lauren Tutor||Chippenham, SN15|
|Zinajda Kodrič||Clapham, SW4|
|Deborah H Marx||London, SW6|
|Laura Turinetto||London, SW19|
|Trixi Field||Ellesmere, SY12|
|Letizia Parisi||London, W3|
|Zakaria Naous||London Acton, W3|
|Cerasela E.||Chiswick, W4|
|Margherita Spanu||Hammermisth, W6|
|MarcoDeBiasio||King's Cross, WC1|
|Caroline Thomson||Wakefield, WF1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Italian
- Personal Message
- Talk Italian with Luisa Romano......!!!!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor Italian and English
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2006 - 2008 University of Sussex - Level 4/5 Certificate in Education (DTTLS).
1997 - 1998 University of Rome, FORCOM, Italy. Certificate in Social Psychology.
1992 - 1996 University of Cassino, Italy. Degree in Pedagogy (Study of Teaching Methods).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Hi! My name is Luisa and I am Italian. I have been living in UK for the last 12 years. I live in a little town near London. Teaching is the career that gives me most enjoyment and reward, and the feedback I receive on a regular basis (from students and colleagues) tells me that my enthusiasm for teaching Italian is passed on to my students.
Before I came to the UK I was a qualified teacher in Italy, teaching English to adults. I have a degree in Pedagogy, which I took in 1996 at the University of Cassino. I have also a Certification in Education, which I took 3 years ago at the University of Sussex. For the last 8 years I have been teaching Italian (from beginner to advanced level) in FE Colleges and Universities. I have also run courses in Italian for holidays and for business purposes. I teach face-2-face and online.
- How much do you charge?
- Rates for One-to-One Tuition:
One hour lesson: £28
90 minutes lesson: £38
2hrs lesson: £50
First lesson/Trial Lesson 45 minutes:£25
Rates for Group Tuition (3- 4 persons):
90 minutes lesson: £17 per person
2hrs lesson: £20 per person
I also arrange workshops (rates to be advised on request)
The above prices are applicable if teaching is taken at my home; if lessons are going to take place at the learner's place, there will be an extra charge depending on location/travel distance.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at my home but I am prepared to go to students' homes too for not less than 90 minutes lesson. However an extra charge will apply for travel expenses.
- When are you available?
- MONDAY from 8.00 to 17.00
TUESDAY from 8.00 to 17.00
WEDNESDAY from 8.00 to 10.00 & from 13.00 to 16.00
THURSDAY from 8.00 to 11.00 & from 15.00 to 20.00
FRIDAY from 8.00 to 20.00
SATURDAY from 9.00 to 20.00
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages: from 8 to 100 and over!
Courses: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, Conversational, Holidays, Business, Culture, Grammar only.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have a CRB disclosure certificate (June 2008).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Since 2007 I have been a member of the Institute for Learning.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I got my degree in Pedagogy and the Certificate in Sociology in Italy. I also have the Cert Ed (Certificate in Education) gained at the University of Sussex.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My teaching style is very friendly and professional. The content of the course is always discussed with the students so I can meet their needs.
I enjoy variety in my teaching, and it is also necessary to meet the needs of different students:
• As standard practice I use CD player, games, online quizzes, and power point presentations in my lessons, but the emphasis of activity is on communication and dialogue and we spend a lot of time practicing listening and speaking.
• My individual tuition focuses even more strongly on conversational Italian, especially where the students have been more advanced.
• My role at the University where I run the course online places unique demands on me as a tutor. Not being able to see your students means that you need to adapt your communication style and place even more emphasis on clear and positive feedback than in a normal classroom environment.
Send a message to Luisa Romano
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more