Find UK Tuition
Online Italian Tutors / Italian Lessons
Read more about Italian
See below for Online Italian Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Italian Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Italian Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Anna P||Chester, CH2|
|Luisa Romano||Warlingham, CR6|
|Maria D'Argenio||Croydon, Surrey, CR7|
|Paul Grace||South Manchester, M21|
|Diana P||Manchester, M33|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|Howard Stephens||Cardiff, NP26|
|Gerardo Gozzi PhD RAM||Willesden, London, NW10|
|Daniela Gottardello||London, NW11|
|Benedetta Pacini||West Norwood, SE2|
|Daniela De Nicolo||Blackheath, SE3|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Lucia Brandi||London, SE15|
|Zinajda Kodrič||Clapham, SW4|
|Domenico Gioffré||London, SW6|
|Laura Turinetto||London, SW19|
|Trixi Field||Ellesmere, SY12|
|Letizia Parisi||London, W3|
|Cerasela E.||Chiswick, W4|
|Margherita Spanu||Hammermisth, W6|
|Caroline Thomson||Wakefield, WF1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Italian
- Personal Message
- With more than 11 years teaching experience in diverse contexts and to multicultural groups of students, I aim to enable my students to enjoy a first-hand experience of what speaking, thinking and reacting in a new language really means.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Italian, Spanish, EAL (English as an additional language) and Romanian at any level and French up to intermediate level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2007 – 2010: 1st Class B.A. Degree in "Language mediation and intercultural communication", Universita' degli Studi di Milano - Milan, Italy
Studied English, Spanish and Italian languages and translation.
2011 – 2011: French Enhancement Course, University of Anglia Ruskin - Chelmsford, U.K.
400 contact hours over 3 months, including a two-week study visit to Bordeaux, France.
Reached a B2/C1 level of the Common European Framework for Languages),
2011 – 2012: Secondary Modern Foreign Languages PGCE, Institute of Education, University of London - London, U.K.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a variegated 11 years teaching experience with multicultural groups of students from different countries and backgrounds, in different contexts (schools, private companies, NGOs) and for different purposes (exams, leisure, business).
Both the formal and informal teaching experiences have equally and valuably contributed to my formation as a well-rounded professional. If the classroom teaching enabled me to see pupils as a unique community where respect for each other’s learning pace, collaboration and active participation are at the core, private teaching refined my attention to students’ individual needs, interests, expectations and learning styles and allowed me to consistently apply and improve my ability to assess their progress, give constructive feedback, set realistic short and long-term targets and liaise with demanding parents.
- How much do you charge?
- Fees vary ranging from £20/hr to £35/hr, depending on the number of hours per week, on location (at my house or at student's house) and on whether is ongoing or temporary tuition.
Discounts for 2:1 and group tuition.
*Travel expenses (minimum £3) may vary depending on how far I have to travel by public transport.
Terms and conditions:
No fee charged for cancellation with more than 24 hours notice. At shorter notice I would normally charge 50% of the lesson fee and try to reschedule it within the same week. Full lesson fee is charged if lesson fails to take place with no notice and/or the student does not make up for it within one month time.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Chiswick and I am willing to travel to: Hammersmith, Fulham, Richmond, Chelsea, Kensington, Putney, Kew Gardens, Twickenham, Teddington, and any other place that can be reached in max. 1h by public transport.
I normally teach:
- at home
- at my students' homes
- in quiet café bars
- online (Skype)
- When are you available?
- Monday - Friday from 9am-9pm
Saturdays - occasionally (a small increase in price may apply)
Sundays - a small increase in price may apply
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All levels and ages in: Italian, Spanish, English as a Foreign Language and Romanian.
Up to intermediate level in French.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, IGCSE, A-levels, International Baccalaureate, IELTS, TEFL, Pre U and University exams and assignments.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up-to-date CRB.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor online using Skype.
Although some students are initially biased towards online tuition, all those who have tried it once have found this money and time-saving way of learning be as effective as face to face tuition, if not even better.
They have very much appreciated:
- the extremely quick way of taking notes through instant message exchange used to clarify spelling
- the possibility to later retrieve that information
- the possibility to record the sessions and therefore be able to listen again for correct pronunciation and natural intonation
- the opportunity to have lessons at any time, in different places, whether at home or on holiday, and without incurring extra travelling costs
This is a testimonial from a student I have recently tutored online:
"Absolutely brilliant for Italian tuition, saved my grammar! At first, I was as apprehensive as anyone would be when I thought about tuition over skype - but if anything, it's more effective. Instead travelling to a tutor, getting tired, getting home and thinking 'I'll just relax with a bit of TV' and then never picking up a book - The lesson was on time and intense, and I wasn't too tired afterwards to do other revision. Also, when learning grammar, I suddenly remember something I don't understand - but Cerasela can send me the link to resources immediately rather than having to wait to print them off. Thank you so much Cerasela for everything!"
T.F - A-level student
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained with the Institute of Education, University of London, where I had the chance to attended lectures and take part in international workshops ran by experts in Education like Dylan Wiliam - expert in Formative Assessment. Additionally, I carried out research on how to implement drama activities in the curriculum of KS3 and KS4 mixed ability groups of learners, so that every student in the classroom could benefit from an engaging worthwhile language learning experience.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently teaching students of different ages, ranging from 8 to 65 years old, of different language levels and for different purposes: exams, leisure and travel.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- As a teacher I aim to enable my students to enjoy a first-hand experience of what exactly speaking, thinking and reacting in a new language means. Adopting a different mindset enriches their perspectives on life and broadens their horizons. With excellent results, I fully exploit the potential of authentic materials (music, short films, cinema, newspaper articles, literature) and drama techniques, which I had the opportunity to deeply research at the Institute of Education and subsequently put into practice in the London schools for which I worked.
My lessons are always student-centred, interactive, stimulating and related to real life, cultural situations and/or to exam requirements (GCSE, IGCSE, A-levels, International Baccalaureate, Pre-U, IELTS, TEFL), according to students' needs.
I place high value on mutual respect, cooperation and active participation, the use of humour and imagination. Since I am very ambitious, determined and have high expectations, my students and I always work arduously and achieve our objectives.
Send a message to Cerasela E.
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more