Find UK Tuition
Online Italian Tutors / Italian Lessons
Read more about Italian
See below for Online Italian Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Italian Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Italian Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Katy Garden||Bristol, BS8|
|Anna P||Chester, CH2|
|Luisa Romano||Warlingham, CR6|
|Maria D'Argenio||Croydon, Surrey, CR7|
|Barbara Blazquez Castro||Cambridge/ Suffolk, IP28|
|Paul Grace||South Manchester, M21|
|Diana P||Manchester, M33|
|Monica Hills||Upchurch, ME9|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|Hamish Mackay||London, N1|
|Elisabetta_V||East Finchley, N2|
|Elena Lunetta||North London, N10|
|Howard Stephens||Cardiff, NP26|
|Gerardo Gozzi||Willesden, London, NW10|
|Daniela Gottardello||London, NW11|
|Filippo Di Bari||London, SE10|
|Noemi Nuti||London, SE10|
|Lucia Brandi||London, SE15|
|Beatrice Scaldini||London, SE16|
|Lauren Tutor||Chippenham, SN15|
|Zinajda Kodrič||Clapham, SW4|
|Deborah H Marx||London, SW6|
|Laura Turinetto||London, SW19|
|Trixi Field||Ellesmere, SY12|
|Letizia Parisi||London, W3|
|Zakaria Naous||London Acton, W3|
|Cerasela E.||Chiswick, W4|
|Margherita Spanu||Hammermisth, W6|
|MarcoDeBiasio||King's Cross, WC1|
|Caroline Thomson||Wakefield, WF1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Italian
- Personal Message
- Music is one of the basic colours of our lifes. Why just listen to it? Let’s play it, create it and express ourselves!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach flute, piccolo and bass flute up to professional level.
Repertoire: from baroque to the latest contemporary music.
I also teach recorder or Fife to very young pupils, in order to prepare them for playing the flute.
I am happy to conduct the lessons in English as well as in Italian, German, Slovenian or Spanish language.
I can teach Italian (native speaker) at all levels and German up to A-Level standard.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Master degree: Orchestra instrument/Flute at the University of Music in Graz, Austria
Master degree: PPCM-Performance Practice in Contemporary Music at the University of Music in Graz, Austria
(both completed with honours).
Bachelor degree of Music from the Conservatory of Music in Trieste, Italy (final mark: 110/110).
Bachelor of Arts at the University of Literature, Trieste, Italy (final mark: 110/110).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years of experience in individual and group tutoring and I am currently performing in orchestras and ensembles as a freelance player including the London Contemporary Orchestra, the ensemble Klangforum Wien and Ensemble Zeitfluss in Austria.
-two years of experience leading a workshop about contemporary music and extended techniques at the University of Graz,
-one year of teaching experience at the public music school Glasbena šola of Piran, Slovenia,
-one year of experience in individual and group teaching in Trieste, Italy, at two local private music schools (age range: from 8 to 18)
-one year of project in the Slovenian kindergarten organized by the School Sv. Jakob in Trieste to introduce children into the world of rhythm, instruments and melodies.
I tutor flute privately since I was 20.
Recent experiences as a performer:
- currently freelancing at London Contemporary Orchestra and the ensemble Klangforum Wien
- performing member of the Austrian Ensemble Zeitfluss and the newly founded Ensemble Schallfeld
- as a piccolo player I have been playing for three years in the Vienna Youth Orchestra and for one year at the Opera orchestra of Cagliari in Italy.
I recently worked for two years at the National Italian Radio broadcasting as esseyst and classic music reviewer.
Languages: I have privately taught German to many students up to A-level and I have taught Italian and Italian Literature at the public school in Italy to students of age 14-19.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 for 30 minutes, £30 for 45 minutes and £35 per hour.
I'm also available to teach at my pupils homes. Depending on the location, I may ask you to cover my travel costs.
Consultation lesson is free at my home or 10 pounds if at students' homes.
Languages: I charge £25/h for teaching the Italian language and £20/h for teaching German.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home, in a spacious living room but I'm available to travel to my pupils homes.
I can travel to North and North East London, South East and South West London, West London.
- When are you available?
- My time is very flexible so I am free most weekdays and evenings. We can arrange the lesson also in the weekends.
For evening lessons (after 7pm) and weekends I only teach at pupils homes.
I am also available during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I like to teach all ages and levels. For the very young pupils I suggest to start with the recorder or with a small plastic flute called Fife, until they grow up enough for starting with the normal flute. There are also some flutes with a curved headjoint, which help them to start playing the flute although their body is not ready yet for playing the normal size flute.
For advanced flute-players: I have a good knowledge of the extended techniques on flute and have been working on flute repertoire by composers like Sciarrino and Ferneyhough and many others. If you think you need some support in developing on your instrument the new sounds used by contemporary composers, I can help you.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can help prepare students for their ABRSM or Trinity Guildhall Prep tests and exams Grades 1 to 8.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I currently don't have an up to date DBS, because I moved to London recently and the documents need more time to be elaborated.
I've recently completed the NSPCC Programme in Child Protection Awareness in Music.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have never taught flute on line, but I am open to it on request with a Skype connection on off peak times.
Tutoring on line it's probably not the best solution for a long-term teaching, but it can easily be used as an exceptional teaching for specific needs. Adult students could for example solve some questions about the extended techniques or the notation of contemporary music with singular lessons on line.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am full member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians, therefore I have a public liability insurance.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I received my first music education in Trieste in Italy until my Bachelor degree. After this I completed my higher Master's degrees in Graz, Austria.
In the first part of my studies the Italian teacher Luisa Sello helped my development in the basic approach to the flute repertoire of all styles. During a semester at the University of Music in Vienna I then learned to play the piccolo with the Principal piccolo player of the Vienna symphony orchestra Raphael Leone.
In the second part of my education I firstly concentrated on learning the repertoire for flute written by composers of the German speaking region with the teacher Nils-Thilo Krämer.
Afterwards I deepened my knowledge of contemporary repertoire under the tutoring led by the members of the ensemble Klangforum Wien and discovered a rich world of new sounds on flute. The flutists Eva Furrer and Vera Fischer (and Mario Caroli during many summer courses) gave me the possibility to enhance my technique in this direction and to feel free and comfortable expressing myself with the new language.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Since you discovered the magic of creating music with your own instrument, keep your passion alive, don't let the non-artistic environment demotivate you, listen to live music, play for your friends and family, let the music be part of your everyday life; it would be a pity to reduce it to electric waves in your earphones :)
Send a message to Zinajda Kodrič
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more