Find UK Tuition
Online Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition
Read more about Key Stage 1 Maths
See below for Online Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Key Stage 1 Maths Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Kavitha Ravindran||Welwyn Garden City, AL8|
|Sam Kam||Birmingham, B16|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Sabah Hussain||East Lancashire, BB5|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Shu-Chen Warner||Croydon, Reigate, CR3|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Carla J||Dubai, fees in AED, D1|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Emily Forster||East London, E3|
|Mohammad Bari||Startford, E7|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Mrs P||Enfield, EN3|
|Mike Chick||Exeter, EX4|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Abi Mogul||Wembley, Harrow, HA0|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|J R Tutors||Ilford, IG1|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Dr Sheikh||Leicester, LE5|
|Denise Byrne||Islington, N5|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Janina B-S||North London, N19|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Dr Margaret Nwagwu||Nottingham, NG8|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||Baker Street, NW1|
|David Wells||London, NW2|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Matthew Brown||North West London, NW7|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Amir Hussain||Borough, London, SE1|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
|Mark Parris||London, SE25|
|Stella Vink||Maidenhead, Berks, SL6|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Bernardo Lopes||Earlsfield, London, SW17|
|H Backley||Heathfield, TN21|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Louisa Gray||West London, TW7|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB3|
|zhiying||Sipson, Hillingdon, UB7|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Maths
- Personal Message
- Mandarin Chinese GCSE,A Level,HSK private London tutor.Native Mandarin speaker. London11 plus,QTS Numeracy Skills Test,Sociology,Psychology,Chinese,Maths tutor.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- 11+ Entrance Exams;
SATS KS1, KS2, KS3;
GCSE, IGCSE, IB;
QTS Numeracy Tests; Adult Numeracy;
Maths(KS2, KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, FSMQ, A Level);
Sociology(A Level), Psychology(A Level);
Mandarin Chinese (Business Chinese, GCSE Mandarin, A Level Mandarin, Cambridge IGCSE Chinese, IB Chinese, University Chinese, HSK, Children Chinese, YCT)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc Economics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- *11+ Entrance Exams: Having successfully tutored my son 11+ exams for Tiffin School, I decided to tutor other students in preparation for Grammar School entrance exams. I coach specific techniques, short cuts and tips that enable students to gain competitive advantages; to be "ahead of the games".
*11+ Verbal Reasoning (VB) is problem solving using vocabulary, language and mathematical skills. I coach students how to completing sequence, working out numerical codes, logical reasoning, mathematical reasoning, alphabet reasoning, word codes, patterns, anagram, coded sequences etc. My tuition helps to develop students’ word power, vocabulary range and reasoning skills.
*11+ Non Verbal Reasoning (NVB) is solving problems using patterns and shapes. I emphasize tackling questions on analogies, codes, similarities, series, components, patters, layering, movements, manipulations, odd one out, matrices, elements, logic etc.; There are about 21 types of question set by GL Assessment, e.g. identifying, rotating, missing coded shapes etc. Strategies of ensuring students to master techniques thoroughly to a high level, understanding the instructions and information, training students to “think on feet” and coping with the unexpected will be implemented in my tuition.
*11+ English: I prepare students for their Comprehension and Creative Writing skills, including story plot ideas, structure, dialogues, endings, character development, grammatical knowledge, vocabulary, sentence structure, spelling, grammar and punctuation. I am able to assist students in building confidence, reaching full potentials and stretching abilities whilst maintaining high academic performances.
*11+ Maths: Apart from training on mental arithmetic and core maths skills, I ensure students not to get bored with numbers and formulas by introducing an element of fun into lessons, e.g. playing maths games, puzzles at the end of the session. I familiar students with a wide range of key questions types, layout, format and topics, identifying individual needs, and targeting weak areas, boost scores and confidence, highlighting strengths and weakness in the core skills.
*QTS Numeracy Skills Test:
Understandably many candidates find their mental arithmetic skills have gone bit “rusty” over the years and revisit some areas in general mathematics and statistics is certainly a must when attempting a pass for the first time.
My “Speed Methods” of calculation enable candidates to solve Mental Maths questions against limited time; “accuracy and speed” coming hand in hand.
In addition, I teach Interpretation of Graphs and Data, helping candidates to identify trends; interpret statistical information; make comparison and draw conclusions when answering multi-stage questions.
I categories similar questions together to make candidates see the patterns; tell them what to write down; how to make notes; look out key phrases; draw on the graphs …..A basic “spoon feeding” style makes understanding easier and quicker.
*Mandarin Chinese: I am a native Mandarin Chinese speaker, fluent in English and experienced in tutoring for children and adults at all levels; whether it is for business, exams, travel or leisure. Familiar with the required syllabus and criteria, I’m efficient to prepare GCSE, IGCSE, IB, A Level & University Degree Chinese exams etc. HSK or YCT.
For the Pre-Modern Chinese Literature exam, translation, interpretation, comparison and comment on Chinese Classical Poems are taught; focusing on essay writing skills for Chinese History and Thought Exams. I helped university student’s Mandarin Grade from “Fail” to “2:1”, tackling four areas of Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing skills improvement.
* Maths subjects (KS2, KS3, GCSE, FSMQ, A Level):
Familiar with the Nаtiоnаl Curriculum, I stretch students’ abilities and potentials. GCSE and A level Maths students have improved their grades and confidence following my tuition. I have proven records of raising Grade E to C, Grade D to B and Grade C to A Star. I cover Edexcel, AQA, OCR, IGCSE and IB Maths.
* A Level Sociology and Psychology:
Lots of practices of exam style questions and exam techniques are the keys to gain that top mark. I aim to improve student’s exam performances by going through examples and activities to develop their abilities of self-assessment or peer-assessment; thus focus on teaching essay writing skills in the format, styles used by major exam boards’ Mark Schemes following the syllabus and specifications. Students will be asked to practise past papers questions under timed condition. After weak areas are highlighted, a checklist of comments and marking will be provided.
I teach how to have most focused way to approach exam questions in order to gain maximum marks in a variety of ways:
-write essays as close as to the “Model Answers”;
- “read questions”(to understand what is exactly being asked), to select relevant materials, to plan and construct essays with a sharp opening, main content and closing paragraphs, using link sentences, attention to grammar and punctuation;
- use “key phrases/words” throughout an answer; link data item to the questions which give more focused responses rather than a “knowledge list”;
-develop students’ abilities of evaluation, analysis, interpretation and application; integrate knowledge and understanding with context and testing claims giving a “critical edged flavour” to the essays ;
-identify alternative claims and refer them in the answer.
My teaching methods and styles for A level Sociology & Psychology enable students to be active learners, not just sit and absorb knowledge passively. Students gained Grade A in the re-sits after my tuition defeating previous Grade D taught by their own school teachers.
- How much do you charge?
- Please see the above.
If the distance is far, there will be a travel fee.
- Where do you teach?
- My home/ student's home/ public places/online. I live in Isleworth/Twickenham.
- When are you available?
- By appointments.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Different ages, various levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- KS1,KS2, GCSE, IGCSE, IB, FSMQ, A Level, QTS, HSK, YCT, University.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have current Enhanced CRB.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype with various interactive whiteboard tools to create real time audio "virtual classrom" with students. Online lessons are at reduced prices.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Numerous excellent references and positive feedback from parents and students are available. I have proven records of raising students’ Maths results from Grade “E” to “C”; from Grade “D” to “A star”. I also helped students’ University Mandarin Chinese subject from Grade “Fail” to “2:1”. Many pupils successfully get into a variety of Grammar Schools (including Tiffin Girls, Langley. Slough Grammar etc) after my 11+ tuition. In addition, I successfully helped candidates to pass their QTS Numeracy Skills tests.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- You can achieve your goals with my tuition and your efforts.
Send a message to Louisa Gray
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more