Find UK Tuition
Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
Read more about Sibelius
See below for Online Sibelius Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Sibelius Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Sibelius Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS5|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Chris Hatton||Hackney, E5|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Alberto Brigandì||London, N8|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Kaja Bjorntvedt||London, New Cross, SE14|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Nicholas Moroz||London, W12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a professional Trumpet player in Manchester. I am enthusiastic and passionate about all aspects and genres of music. Teaching keen students is both fulfilling and rewarding.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- The fields in which I specialize are: Teaching brass instruments, singing, saxophone and music theory. I also have excellent teaching skills in the areas of conducting, and Jazz, the theory behind it, playing it, and Improvisation. Being a Trumpeter I give advanced tuition in Trumpet playing if asked. I always structure my teaching to the specific person, to optimise the teaching experience for everyone. I very much enjoy teaching, as it gives me the opportunity to pass on my knowledge and enthusiasm to anyone who loves music and is willing to learn.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a 1st class B Mus (Hons) degree from the Royal Northern College of Music, in Music and Performance. Also an Artist's Certificate Degree from the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. I work as the Music Theory Tutor for a big online company, and an instrumental teacher for services around the Manchester area.
12 GCSE's, 4 A levels, BTEC in public services, various grade achievements on instruments.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught individually and in groups for several years and have a great deal of experience in playing in chamber groups, large ensembles, orchestras, and as a soloist. I perform regularly as a soloist and chamber musician around the UK, Norway, and all over the world.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 an hour, but I give half hour lessons with beginners (and those who only want a half hour lesson) at £12. If I have to travel to the student's house, there will be an additional fee of up to £5 for travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at the student's home (for a little extra cost) or at my own place in Farnworth, Bolton
- When are you available?
- My timetable is very flexible as I teach alongside my professional playing, so it would be easy to arrange times which suit the student best. I am also available during term time and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages, from complete beginner to advanced.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a CRB enhanced disclosure certificate
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- The student and I will organise lesson times via E-Mail to suit the student best. It is best if the webcam is set up in an open, spacious room, and that external noise is reduced to a minimum. Skype/Gmail Chat or any alternative is fine with me. Payment would either be arranged prior to the lesson, or evidence of transaction approved would need to be provided.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the International Trumpet Guild.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Gareth Small - Principal Trumpet of the Hallé Orchestra
John Miller - Head of Brass at RNCM
Murray Greig - Trumpet Tutor at the RNCM and principal Trumpet of Opera North
Jan Fredrik Christiansen - Principal Trumpet of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra
Ole Edvard Antonsen - World famous international Trumpet soloist
Tracey Redfern - Principal Trumpet of Manchester Camerata (Freelance Trumpet Player in the UK)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It's all about having fun - so whether you're starting from scratch, or re-kindling a childhood passion, it's always worth it. Music is a language, and learning to speak it can be one of the most valuable, enhancing experiences you could ever do in your life.
"Life is a lot like a trumpet - If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out"
Send a message to Mark Harrison
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more