Find UK Tuition
Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
Read more about Sibelius
See below for Online Sibelius Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Sibelius Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Sibelius Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS5|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Pedro Silva||Central London, NW1|
|Tim Maryon||London, NW1|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|John Cervantes||Dulwich, London, SE21|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Nicholas Moroz||London, W12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a 28 year old trumpet player currently living in Leytonstone, East London. If you are hoping to start playing a brass instrument or are looking for a new teacher then I'd love to hear from you.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Currently most of my students are trumpet and trombone players, but I teach the other brass instruments too. I am happy to help students prepare for jazz or classical grades if they wish but it's fine if they'd rather not.
I think it is important that the instrument is a way into learning all kinds of interesting things about music so I try to cover a really broad range of different ideas in lessons. I don't just stick to 'classical' music; I think it's great to explore lots of different things from the very beginning. Lessons can incorporate improvisation, playing by ear and music theory as well as playing technique. Lessons are tailored to the individual student's needs and interests.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Please feel free to take a look at my CV (below).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have spent a lot of time working with all sorts of students, aged from under 6 to over 50. These have included beginners both young and old, students with playing problems, post grade 8 students looking for new challenges as well as older people who are looking for help learning music. As mentioned above I can help students prepare for grades if they wish and my students are always successful in their exams. As well as working privately I am currently employed as a brass tutor by Bromley Youth Music Trust and the London Borough of Newham "Every Child a Musician" project.
As a performer I have played a lot of different music in all sorts of groups including: orchestra, brass band, wind band, big band, small jazz groups, big and small brass groups, street bands and pop bands. I'm also an experienced soloist and I have given many recital and concerto performances. I am also currently the conductor of the Symphonic Wind Orchestra of North London, UCL Concert band, and several choirs.
I have experienced and overcome a lot of problems in my own playing, and am keen to help others resolve problems that they experience.
Alongside teaching and performing I also have a lot of experience leading workshops with children. This has involved working in the Wigmore Hall's "Chamber Tots" workshop series for toddlers, brass workshops for Liverpool Saturday Morning Music School, and brass and woodwind workshops for schools in Dublin.
- How much do you charge?
- My rate is £40 per hour, £20 per half hour etc.
- Where do you teach?
- Most of my private teaching is done on Saturday mornings at a centre in Tufnell Park, N7. This is close to both Tufnell Park underground station (Northern Line) and Upper Holloway Overground (Barking-Gospel Oak line).
I also do a small amount of teaching on Sundays and occasionally on weekdays, either at students' homes, my home in Leytonstone, or any other suitable location.
- When are you available?
- Weekends are usually best but it is sometimes possible to arrange weekday lessons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach anyone of any age or level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I usually prepare and enter students for the Trinity Guildhall exams; however I'm happy to enter students for ABRSM exams if they wish.
In recent years many of my students have achieved distinction in their exams. My students always pass the exams they enter.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a clear CRB certificate from 7th July 2011 registered by the London Borough of Newham.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can teach over skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Musicians' Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at Guildhall School of Music and Drama where my teachers were Paul Beniston, Paul Cosh, Steve Keavy, Alison Balsom and Nick Smart. I have also studied with Kristian Steenstrup, Ray Allen and Tom Rainer.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently have 15-20 regular students, the youngest of which is six and the eldest over 50. They have diverse musical interests and aspirations and they all love playing music.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have been involved in music and playing the trumpet for 20 years and it has been brilliant fun. Whether you just want to play a bit in your spare time or take it more seriously, I can show you how to get the most out of it and have the best experience.
Send a message to Matthew Hardy
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more