Find UK Tuition
Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
Read more about Sibelius
See below for Online Sibelius Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Sibelius Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Sibelius Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS1|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Chris Hatton||Hackney, E5|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Kaja Bjorntvedt||London, New Cross, SE14|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SO23|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Nicholas Moroz||London, W12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- Friendly and supportive tuition at the student’s own pace, from a young, well-rounded and experienced musician looking to share her knowledge and encourage creativity with people who want to learn.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Violin/viola (I play viola but can also teach violin)
As well as integrating music theory into these lessons, I can also provide intensive tuition concentrating exclusively on music theory. Understandably, the focus for instrumental teachers is mainly on the practical element, so separate tuition can be really worthwhile, whether you would like to work steadily through the grades, are jumping straight in with grade 5 in order to do your grade 6 practical, or just need a bit of extra assistance to improve your understanding of music.
I trained in composition and this is my main area of interest, therefore I would be willing provide creative and open-minded guidance for people of any age who are interested in creating music, whether they are an absolute beginner making their first steps, or a more seasoned composer in need of some feedback and advice.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus (Hons) Composition, Birmingham Conservatoire
ABRSM Grade 8 Viola
ABRSM Grade 8 Piano
ABRSM Grade 5 Theory
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Extensive professional experience in classical and contemporary performance and composition, as well as being an active singer songwriter. My eclectic taste in music means I can offer a broad perspective and tailor lessons to the individual's interests and needs.
- How much do you charge?
- £20 (1 hour)
£12 (30 mins)
£6 (30 mins) trial lesson
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Hoylake, Wirral.
- When are you available?
- My schedule is fairly busy and subject to change but weekday late afternoon/early evenings tend to be best (I am not available on weekends).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I enjoy having a variety of students of all ages and levels. I love teaching children, especially primary age (currently I am an infant music teacher at a local primary school, working with children from the age of 3) and I also take great pleasure from teaching adults, particularly new starters who never had the confidence to pursue an instrument until now (it is never too late!)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for graded exams - I am familiar with the Associated Board classical syllabus, but would be prepared to work to other exam boards such as London College of Music and Trinity College London.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - enhanced
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to provide tuition for music theory exams online, via email communication.
Send a message to Rachel Nicholas
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more