Find UK Tuition
Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
Read more about Sibelius
See below for Online Sibelius Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Sibelius Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Sibelius Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS5|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Pedro Silva||Central London, NW1|
|Tim Maryon||London, NW1|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|John Cervantes||Dulwich, London, SE21|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Nicholas Moroz||London, W12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- Music is a valuable skill for life which not only brings joy to you and those around you but also encourages us to think in new and varied ways. It gives me great pleasure to be able to pass on the joy of music to others.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach piano from beginners to grade 5 level, music theory following the ABRSM syllabus, GCSE music (please specify which syllabus is being used) and beginner composition.
Piano lessons will include theory and aural skills. I will tailor all lessons to the students' musical preference so if there is a specific area you want to focus on or a particular style of music you enjoy/want to learn, do not hesitate to ask!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Bachelor of Music degree first class honours in Musical Composition. I am currently working on my grade 8 piano which I will take in the winter of this year.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I taught during my degree to help fund my studies. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to continue teaching and to make a career from it.
- How much do you charge?
- Privately I charge £25 per hour, £12.50 per half hour. I offer a half an hour trial lesson for all new customers and can offer flexible durations.
Due to room rent my rates at Hooters Music School are slightly higher. Here I charge £14.00 for half an hour and £27.50 for an hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at students' homes. I am based in Bricket Wood which is near to St Albans and Watord and surrounding areas such as Chiswell Green, How Wood, Park Street, Garston and Radlet. I am happy to travel to these and other nearby areas. Please note that for those who live over 3 miles from Bricket Wood I ask for travel expenses as well. Travel expenses are charged at 30p per mile.
On Saturdays I teach at Hooters Music School on St Albans Road, Watford. I currently have a spaces here from 12:30-1:30 and 4:30-5:00.
- When are you available?
- I teach week days until 7:30pm and all day Saturdays. Please contact me for available time slots.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages from 6 upwards!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I will prepare my piano students for their graded exams if they wish to take them. I teach both the ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall syllabuses. Theory students I will prepare for the ABRSM graded exams and keyboard students can prepare for the Trinity Guildhall graded exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer online tutoring in using Sibelius software. For this I can offer communication via email or IM. I have used Sibelius frequently for 5 years and have produce many professional quality scores. I also use it to create teaching worksheets so I am well versed in all its hidden applications.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the ISM.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My mother is also a piano teacher and professional musician and she began teaching me the piano from an early age. At school I completed my GCSE and A level music, then went onto Brunel University to study composition in which I achieved a first.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently have a mixture of beginners and those with previous playing experience. The ages of my current students range from 6 to retirement age.