Find UK Tuition
Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
Read more about Sibelius
See below for Online Sibelius Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Sibelius Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Sibelius Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS5|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Pedro Silva||Central London, NW1|
|Tim Maryon||London, NW1|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|John Cervantes||Dulwich, London, SE21|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Nicholas Moroz||London, W12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a 22 year old trombone player and educator, enthusiastic to teach pupils of any age and ability.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- As a trombone and euphonium player, I teach brass instruments up to an advanced level. I also teach piano up to grade 5.
As well as instrumental teaching, I offer lessons in using the program 'Sibelius', an incredibly useful skill to have as a musician and useful for GCSE and A Level studies. I have recently been employed by GSMD to teach this one-on-one to students who have a range of experience with the program.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am currently studying for my Bachelors in Music at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, (to be completed in 2015). I hold ABRSM Grade 8 in both Trombone and Euphonium (2004).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I find teaching incredibly rewarding and hope to share this with everyone I teach.
Recently I was a mentor for Southbank Centre's 'Nucleo Weekend' (June 2013), where I worked with a huge range of musicians, all with different abilities and backgrounds. This same project involved tutoring young musicians from In Harmony Lambeth, Centre for Young Musicians, Bromley Youth Music Trust and Junior Royal Academy of Music alongside principals of the London Philharmonic Orchestra for a performance of Holst's The Planets in the Royal Festival Hall. Before this I worked on the London Symphony Orchestra's education scheme 'LSO on Track' (November, 2012) which involved tutoring young musicians in preparation for a performance in the Barbican Hall to Her Majesty the Queen.
As a performer I have a range of experience having played with orchestras, brass bands, ensembles, chamber groups and as soloists for recitals and competitions. These experiences span over my time as a trombone player right from when I was a beginner. The experience I have had, especially with youth groups and projects are beneficial to me as a teacher as I feel able to suggest my pupils apply for these things.
- How much do you charge?
- £40 per hour
£35 per 45 minutes
£25 per 30 minutes
Consultation lessons can be arranged by request and I am happy to discuss which lesson duration would suit you best.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in the Barbican area of central London which has fantastic travel links to the rest of London. I am originally from Guildford in Surrey which I visit often, although only available most weekends and during school holidays, I would be happy to teach in the Southern area as having access to a car at home gives me this flexibility.
- When are you available?
- Most of my private teaching would take place at the weekends although week days may be possible, I will do my best to accommodate you. My teaching flexibility often increases during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- As a brass teacher I teach all ages from beginner to advanced, and for piano I teach up to Grade 5 standard.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have a clear CRB certificate from 2013, registered by the National Children's Orchestra.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For lessons about the program 'Sibelius' I use of a range of electronic handouts written by myself and can tutor online via a Skype connection.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I am currently studying at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama with Eric Crees, Simon Wills, John Kenny, Chris Houlding and Peter Gane, previous to this I studied with David Whitson.
Send a message to Jane Salmon
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more