Find UK Tuition
Online Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition
Read more about Sibelius
See below for Online Sibelius Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Sibelius Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Sibelius Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS1|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Chris Hatton||Hackney, E5|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|Pedro Silva||Wembley, HA0|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Kaja Bjorntvedt||London, New Cross, SE14|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SO23|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a trained academic musician with experience in performance, composition and education. In addition to my professional attributes I also have a passion for music education and have experience teaching 1 on 1 and class room lessons.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach drum kit, orchestral percussion, latin`percussion, african percussion, jazz vibraphone, music curriculum (GCSE and A-Level), music theory and composition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1st class BMus (hons) in music from City University.
Grade 8 Drum Kit (distinction)
Grade 8 Orchestral Percussion (distinction)
Grade 8 music theory (merit)
Grade 6 piano (merit)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have toured Europe and South America and have played 100s of rock, pop, drum & bass, jazz and orchestral concerts in the UK.
I teach for Tower Hamlets and Artsfirst (Islington) music services.
I have had commissioned concert compositions performed in London and write extensively for the professional bands that I am involved with.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 p/h
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at my studio in my home in Tottenham or can travel to students houses or institutions around London. I have previously taught in Islington, Tower Hamlets, Camden, Kings Cross, Central London and Southwark but any London location will be considered.
- When are you available?
- I am currently available at any time at the students/institutions convenience.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 6 to 60, beginner to advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students to take any grade exams in any of the disciplines listed above and am happy to follow any curriculums that they might be working towards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an enhanced CRB.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For some students and some subjects it can be possible to tutor via skype or via online custom video lessons.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- As a professional musician living and working in London the key to success is diversity. I have thus spent my time working on the three main areas that interest me; academia, performance and composition. As a result I have a wide knowledge of rock, pop, latin, jazz, balkan, middle eastern african and orchestral music and can teach students whatever they want to learn in these areas. Whether it's how to play 'that drum groove in the new daft punk tune' or how to play traditional ghanian kpanlogo music; how to write a rag in the style of Scott Joplin or wanting to learn how to do a Schenkerian analysis of a Chopin piano sonata. The advantage of having knowledge in all of these areas is that it allows me to enrich the students experience of the discipline they choose to study by providing them with deeper understanding and context.
Send a message to Tim Doyle
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more