Find UK Tuition
Online Ukulele Teachers / Ukulele Lessons
Read more about Ukulele
See below for Online Ukulele Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Ukulele Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Ukulele Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Ceri Williams||Cambridge, CB1|
|Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus||Ingatestone, CM40|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Thomas Kay||Seven Sisters, N15|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours)||Ealing, W5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Ukulele
- Personal Message
- Hi, I am a musician based in North London looking for new students to teach from home! Am very flexible. I enjoy teaching and am very good at it, please check out my website which has details of my own music course!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Instruments - Classical guitar (all grades). Rock and Pop guitar. Jazz Guitar. Piano (Up to grade 5). Ukulele.
Musicianship - Can teach solfége with Curwen hand signs (as seen in Kodaly methods of learning). Sight-singing and transcription are areas of musicianship I specialize in.
Theory - All ABRSM theory and Musicianship grades. Can teach with Sibelius or hand-written. I can also help with GCSE and A-Level music students who want some extra tuition.
Practice techniques - Have you ever struggled found the right balance between enjoying yourself but also improving? I can help!
Composition - Learn to write music in the same way as those you want to emulate. I can teach classical counterpoint, jazz or modern style songwriting.
I am happy to teach groups! This is often a better way to learn if done the right way!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BMus (hons) studying at Guildhall school of Music and City University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have previously worked as a Head of Music in a specialist music school (evenings and weekends).
I have previously taught in countless schools across London as a guitar / bass guitar / piano and ukulele teacher.
I have my own music course which teaches around London.
I have played at places such as The Royal Albert Hall, The Roundhouse, Lovebox festival, Stoke festival, Rhythms of the World festival, The Astoria, gigging on Guitar, Bass Guitar, Double Bass, Keys and various percussion instruments (mostly related to Samba).
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per hour, £20 for half an hour. Happy to take on groups of students for the same rate.
- Where do you teach?
- From home.
I can travel to surrounding areas of London but I strongly advise learning from my home. I have a wealth of resources, books and clever teaching software as well as 2 other professional musicians!
I am happy for parents to sit in lessons, in fact for children under 10 I would often recommend this. When it is done the right way it can make the learning more fun and a progress a lot faster!
- When are you available?
- I am very flexible, I run my own teaching business!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 6 and older. I have taught all ages consistently for nearly a decade.
Guitar - All abilities (Up to grade 8)
Bass Guitar - All abilities (Up to grade 8)
Piano - Beginners (Up to grade 5)
Theory, Musicianship, Composition - All abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have lots of experience in putting students through graded exams over many years (100% pass rate), BUT my interest in teaching is to give students the tools to play for themselves and make music with others from the wider world as quickly as possible. Music is learned through doing not through talking! Throughout the next few years I will be working with London venues to secure performance opportunities for my students (through my company) in their own bands and ensembles. This will be an opportunity for both EDARA students and my private students.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have a full up to date DBS as well as a certificate in child protection.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Send a message to Thomas Kay
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more