Find UK Tuition
Online University Chemistry Tutors / University Chemistry Tuition
Read more about University Chemistry
See below for Online University Chemistry Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for University Chemistry Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online University Chemistry Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Dr Sandip||Chatham, Kent, ME5|
|M S Rahman||London, N11|
|Dr. C. Boes||Kelmarsh, Northant, NN6|
|John J Newman||Letchworth, SG6|
|Michelle Cheung||London, SW7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Chemistry
- Personal Message
- Hello, my name is Hellen and I am passionate about learning! I believe everyone has the ability to achieve in Science and that in doing so they will learn valuable skills for life.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor Science at KS2 and KS3 and can prepare students for National Curriculum (SAT's) tests. I teach GCSE Applied Science, Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and can help with coursework and exam preparation, I can also tutor IGCSE students in these subjects. At A-Level I teach Chemistry and Biology and also tutor for International Baccalaureate Chemistry. Due to my degree specialism in Chemistry I tutor students following a Chemistry related University course, I also provide help with essay and assignment writing and research and will proofread prepared work before submission. I also do a short science and maths update course for students following a Science orientated degree who did not do an A Level in that area, or who just wish to recap.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSc(Hons) in Analytical Chemistry and Toxicology and a Post Graduate Certificate of Education in Secondary Science. I am currently studying for a BSc in Forensic Investigation and an MA in Online and Distance Learning.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a teacher for 13 years teaching Science, specialising in Chemistry with special educational needs experience. I have also taught IGCSE and IB in a top international school in Peru.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour for KS2 and KS3, £40 for GCSE, A-level, IB and University level. As I believe anyone can learn with the right support I may reduce fees for students with special educational needs and/or disabilities. I also provide group tutoring at reduced rates. These prices are for home tutoring including 30 minutes travel. Online Tutoring rates are less, please enquire.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at students homes within the East Kent area including Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs and Faversham. I am happy to travel further to Ashford, Dover and Folkestone with added fuel costs. Online tutoring can be anywhere!
- When are you available?
- I am available during the day, after school, evenings and Saturday mornings both term time and in the holidays for intensive exam preparation.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students from KS2, KS3, GCSE, A Level, IB and university undergraduate degree level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- KS2 and KS3 tests, Grammar school entry tests, GCSE, IGCSE, A Level, IB and University undergraduate degrees, UKMCATS.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, enhanced.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor online using an online interactive whiteboard such as dabbleboard or scribblar and via Skype to tutor interactively just as I would face to face. All that is needed is a computer and headset. I am also a registered tutor with Home Tutoring Online @ www.hometutoringonline.com through which online lessons can be booked with me (an agency fee applies).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a Member of The Royal Society of Chemistry, the Institute for Learning and the College of Teachers.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My degree was at Hull University and I did my teacher training at Canterbury Christ Church University with placements within the Thanet area.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently am tutoring international students IGCSE and IB chemistry and AS Biology online, online students in the UK doing GCSE Biology, Physics and Chemistry, A-level biology and chemistry, an Undergraduate chemistry student online, plus students at their homes around the canterbury area for KS3, GCSE Science, GCSE Applied Science and A Level and IB Chemistry and Biology. Some students are home educated so I also help with completion of practical coursework. I also teach GCSE science at Lernejo School in Canterbury.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Everyone has the ability to learn, it is just a matter of finding the right way for you to do it and that is my job! Self-esteem is a key to achieving so if you need this boosting I will focus on this which will lead to increased motivation and better grades. Learning is not just passing exams, but is also a process of gaining life skills. The key to passing exams is not just having the correct knowledge but learning exam technique to help you get what you know across to the examiner and more marks.
Send a message to Hellen Frost
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more