Find UK Tuition
Online University Chemistry Tutors / University Chemistry Tuition
Read more about University Chemistry
See below for Online University Chemistry Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for University Chemistry Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online University Chemistry Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Graham Leitch||Maidstone, ME15|
|M S Rahman||London, N11|
|Dr Philip Gray||Newcastle, NE12|
|Patrick Jemmer||Swansea, SA2|
|John J Newman||Letchworth, SG6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Chemistry
- Personal Message
- Students seeking to achieve higher grades e.g. for entry to medical school, should find this tuition particularly helpful.
Dr Leitch is a highly regarded and successful tutor who has good relationships with his pupils.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- A-level Chemistry, IB Chemistry tutoring, GAMSAT Chemistry, University Chemistry.
Please go to my website (by selecting the link beside my picture at the top of this page) and submit the enquiry or application form (from my website) if this is of interest to you.
GCSE and IGCSE tuition in Maths, Physics and Chemistry may be available for local students within a ten mile radius of my home.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry, St Andrew University,
PhD Chemistry, St Andrews University,
PGCE in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I'm an experienced teacher, tutor, revision course tutor, examiner and head of department.
I'm a former Head of Science, Head of Chemistry and Teacher of Chemistry to A-level.
I have over 30 years teaching in independent and local authority schools.
I'm now an experienced and highly successful A-level and International Baccalaureate tutor.
- How much do you charge?
- Tuition sessions are usually booked into my two hour time slots.
The fee for each two hour time slot is normally £100 for individual students.
Local sessions are mostly two hours with a five minute break in the middle.
Tuition sessions may be less than two hours for £100 if distance, travel, timing or other circumstances are involved.
Tuition sessions are one and a half hours for students more than ten miles away.
Tuition sessions for IGCSE and GCSE students are one and a half hours.
The fee for two or three students together is usually £75 each for each two hour time slot.
- Where do you teach?
- Tuition can be arranged at the student’s home, a library, another suitable venue, at my home, or online.
Enquiries from my local area in Kent including Maidstone, Tonbridge, Chatham, Medway Towns, and from further away are most welcome.
Students living further away including Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Gravesend, Sittingbourne, Ashford, Canterbury, Bromley, Orpington and SE London may choose to travel in or have online tuition.
Students in South London, West London, North London, East London and Central London at at a more considerable distance from my home may prefer the advantages of online tuition.
I usually travel a maximum of 10 miles.
Ongoing support is available to all students between sessions. Students and parents are welcome to contact me to discuss possibilities.
- When are you available?
- Most tuition is available from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and from 4pm to 6pm on Mondays to Thursdays. Tutoring for two or three students together is also possible.
Local sessions are usually two hours with a five minute break in the middle. Sessions may be less than two hours for £100 if a distance, timing or other circumstances are involved. Lessons may be fortnightly, three weekly, weekly, monthly, half termly, or even just occasionally. Some may prefer to book a number of tutoring sessions during school holidays when they have more availability.
Current Availability (updated 9th Mar 2013):
Up to mid June: Dr Leitch is fully booked and a waiting list is operating.
From mid June to September: vacancies are available on Mondays to Thursdays from 1.30 pm to 3.30 pm (British time) and from 4pm to 6pm (British time).
From September 2013 to summer 2014: a limited number of vacancies are available on Mondays to Thursdays from 1.30 pm to 3.30 pm (British time) and from 4pm to 6pm (British time).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Mostly sixth form and above.
A-level, IB GAMSAT and University.
Some GCSE and IGCSE students occasionally.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A-level Chemistry and IB Chemistry with all examination boards including AQA, Edexcel, IB, OCR(A), OCR(B) Salters.
Also GAMSAT and University examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I'm professionally trained and experienced in online tuition. Students find my online tuition effective, prаcticаl, cоnvenient, аnd nоt much different frоm my personal tuition sessions.
My online tuition makes use of Skype and includes screen sharing, live text video and other supportive technology.
Full explanations of any required computer skills are provided before, during and between lessons.
If you're unаble tо find а suitаbly quаlified tutоr in their lоcаl аreа you may find online tuition to be most satisfactory.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Formerly Royal Society of Chemistry (Chartered Chemist), ATL, PTR
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I was educated at St Andrew University and did a PGCE teacher training course at Dundee College of Education.
I've attended many in service teacher training courses including several with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
I have over 30 years teaching experience in independent and in local authority schools.
I'm now an experienced and highly successful A-level and International Baccalaureate tutor.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Some comments from parents and students (2009 – 2012):
Thank you, I got an A, I'm going to Cambridge. C.O.
Great news- got an A in Chemistry and my place at St Andrews. I’m so happy!! Thank you so so much for all the help you have given me, it would have been impossible without you! T.K.
I got an A in my Chemistry A level! Thank you for all your help. I've got my place at Durham. Thank you again. A.J.
I have got to know Dr Leitch well in the year that I spent taking A-Level Chemistry intensively in one year. I was initially apprehensive about this undertaking despite my strong motivation to do it, as Chemistry was not my strongest subject at school, but determined to change career path to medicine I decided I needed to enlist some help, and I am very glad that I was fortunate enough to find Dr Leitch.
Dr Leitch is a supportive, intuitive and flexible teacher who knows how to approach the subject in a way that will suit his student’s individual needs and learning style. Being so experienced and organised he is also able to provide excellent learning resources such as practice papers, Powerpoints and very helpful help sheets for revision and consolidation on your own time, and he helps you understand what examiners and individual exam boards are looking for. The availability of lessons via Skype is also very useful if you cannot be in the same place at the same time, and works very well as you can share screens to share presentations and written work in real time and capture screenshots of Powerpoints to look at later. Dr Leitch is very computer savvy, so if you are addicted to your laptop you can use Skype and Dropbox to share files and work such as worksheets.
I found his exam training particularly helpful as he is able to specify your technique to the exam board and help you train to use what you have learned in a way that will get you maximum points in the exam, and his encouraging and practical approach has built my confidence in my ability to learn, understand science, and achieve in exams.
Over the course of the past year I have undertaken a 1 year intensive AS & A2 course, going from barely remembering the basics to achieving an A* with 95% overall. If you have not been in education for a while, or you are a graduate and have not studied science for some time, I am proof that it is possible to do well if you try hard; and Dr Leitch was very easy to communicate with and learn from, for someone like me who is a bit older than your typical A-level student, and most importantly he was positive about my aims as a ‘mature’ student!
If you are re-sitting or just want to make sure that you do well in your exams first time, you will find Dr Leitch friendly and approachable and will treat you as an adult, making it really easy to interact and learn with him. Whatever your aim is for studying, I am sure Dr Leitch can help you to reach your potential.”
You have obviously given E.R. a lot more confidence in the topics you taught her. I am keen for you to work with her as much as possible. Mr S.R.
I am wondering if you have any availability for tutoring. Several of my friends were tutored by you and recommended you. Please could you contact me as soon as possible. Thank you, H.K.
I got an IB level 6. I really appreciated those lessons, thank you for all your help. S.R.
I had my UCL referral interview and I have passed. Thank you so much for all of your help. Thanks again, J.E.
I just wanted to let you know that I got an A in my Chemistry. Thank you very much for all the help you gave me, I found it very useful! I also got an A in Physics and an A* in Biology. OK.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Tutoring is flexible according to needs with effective problem solving, consolidation and examination training are all on offer. Dr Leitch's experience as an examiner, question writer and editor enables him to help students understand how papers are set and marked, what examination boards are looking for, how to revise more efficiently, and how to achieve better results.
Students and parents are welcome to contact Dr Leitch to discuss possibilities.
Send a message to Graham Leitch
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more