Find UK Tuition
Online University Chemistry Tutors / University Chemistry Tuition
Read more about University Chemistry
See below for Online University Chemistry Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for University Chemistry Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online University Chemistry Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Dr Sandip||Walderslade, Kent, ME5|
|M S Rahman||London, N11|
|Prof. Esther Alonso||Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE8|
|Dr. C. Boes||Kelmarsh, Northant, NN6|
|Patrick Jemmer||Swansea, SA2|
|John J Newman||Letchworth, SG6|
|Michelle Cheung||London, SW7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Chemistry
- Personal Message
- I hold a PhD and Masters in chemistry, and am currently teaching at the University of Kent. I also have a PGCHE qualification. I am considered a highly specialised tutor of chemistry with ability to raise standard of any student.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach chemistry.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Ph D Chemistry MSc Industrial Chemistry BSc Industrial Chemistry PGCHE (Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching chemistry at the University of Kent for 7 years now. Previously, I was working as a patent analyst with Thomson Reuters in the chemistry wing. I have also worked in the research laboratories for pharmaceutical drug and polymer development. My teаching аpprоаch is flexible аnd vаries depends оn student`s need. Every student leаrn in different wаy. It is tutоr/teаcher`s respоnsibility tо find the effective wаy tо teаch sо thаt student cаn leаrn аnd remember. With my educаtiоnаl bаckgrоund аnd experience, I cаn explаin cоmplex cоncepts in а mоre understаndаble аnd mаnаgeаble wаy. I аm fаmiliаr with аll exаm bоаrd specificаtiоns аnd use wide resоurces cоllected and prepared frоm vаriоus bооks аnd literаture аs а pаrt оf teаching which аlsо includes sketches/drаwing, wоrksheets fоr cаlculаtiоns, reinfоrcing theоry knоwledge with pаst pаpers аnd cаrry оut tests regulаrly tо see student`s prоgress. Any inquiry for the group lesson/intensive course welcome. The price listed is the price for tutoring at my place.
- How much do you charge?
- £18-£40. Please see profile page for more detail. I can give some discounts for more than 15 lessons. Please contact me for group lesson pricing if your friend need tutoring too.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home. I can also travel up to 5 miles to teach at students' homes. Though I will have to charge a nominal amount to cover travel cost.
- When are you available?
- During weekdays I can teach in the evening. I do some teaching at the weekend too, please contact me for availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I can teach any age, as long as the student is willing to learn.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A-level Chemistry with all the examination boards including AQA, Edexcel, OCR(A) and OCR(B) Salters. IB Chemistry (HL and SL). Scottish Higher Chemistry and Scottish Advanced Higher Chemistry.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use screen sharing software and graphic tablet to do online teaching. Student do not need to buy any software or equipment to take up online tutoring. The only requirement is PC and a headphone (with microphone).
During online teaching, students are able to see my writing on the screen in the same way they see on the flip chart or paper while talking with them on the web. I find online teaching is one of the best way in this modern world where distance is never the limit to share knowledge. There is minimum software knowledge required for the set up. If needed I help student to set it up. Also, if student do not have any previous experience of online tutoring, I teach them basic topics for about 15-20 mins. free of charge to get acquainted with the new learning environment.
I find online teaching is the future of teaching where distance is not the boundary to share the knowledge. This is being adopted by some leading UK universities and many universities have project in the pipeline doing so.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently, I am teaching students for AQA, IB chemistry and OCR-A and B. Almost all the student requested to start teaching for Enthalpy/Hess's law which they found difficult to understand after learning in the classroom. After spending few sessions to cover the specification, all the students are scoring 86-98% for that particular topic. Among these students, One of the student had D grade and with intensive course, she is scoring A grade now . I am sure, in the final exam she will score A* grade.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Please see my article where I have listed some useful advice for students.
Send a message to Dr Sandip
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more