Find UK Tuition
Piano Teachers / Piano Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Piano
Compare Piano Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Piano Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Piano Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Claire Marie Haynes||Birmingham, B1|
|Beth Gifford||Birmingham, B5|
|Liz Goble||Birmingham, B15|
|Joe Waggott||Birmingham, B16|
|Liz Meyer||Birmingham, B16|
|Susanna Bearfoot||Birmingham, B16|
|Diane Hiley||Birmingham, B17|
|Eva Music_Piano and Percussion||Birmingham, B17|
|Matt Foundling||Birmingham, B30|
|Prima Piano||Harborne, B32|
|Lauren Coles||Birmingham, B66|
|Chris Thompson||Sutton Coldfield, B73|
|Christina||Sutton Coldfield, B73|
|Martin Rowberry||Sutton Coldfield, B75|
|Camilla Radzvil||North London, N1|
|Edward Dullaway||Bromley, BR1|
|Andrew Kwan||Harrow, Pinner, HA5|
|Sarah Oliver||Broxbourne, EN10|
|Cassandra Mansi||London, SE1|
|Ben Moorhouse||Hackney, London, E9|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Pauline Farren||Chester, CW6|
|Ed Roberts||Leeds, LS8|
|Catherine Humphrey||Canterbury, CT1|
|Philippa Mercer||London, NW10|
|Emma Grimes||East London, E14|
|Emma Yates-Butler||York, YO31|
|Peter Mallinson||Chesham, HP5|
|Matt Buswell||Chiswick, W12|
|Lewis Wright||Blackheath, SE3|
|Ian G||Croydon, CR2|
|Stephen Daltry||Mortlake, SW14|
|Pamela Michaelides||W Central london, SW3|
|Dunja Lavrova||SW/ West/ South, SW15|
|R Joanne||Leeds, LS17|
|Alexander Koshelev||Greenwich, SE London, SE10|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
|Denise Marleyn||Leighton Buzzard, LU7|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Emma Wang||South West london, SW7|
|Jun Piano Lessons||Kensington High St, W8|
|Louis McRae's Piano/Saxophone||Fitzrovia, W1|
|Annette Beaumont Ellis||Chelsea, SW3|
|Joshua Batty||Westminster, London, W1|
|Helen Nash||Fulham, SW6|
|Emma-Louise||North London, EN9|
|Richard J A Jones||Muswell Hill, N10|
|Jon Spanyol||London, NW5|
|Kate Abbott||Leeds, LS8|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Julia Rogers||London, NW1|
|Sofya Fotiyadi||Bromley, BR1|
|Susan Matasovska||Edinburgh, EH26|
|Dane Lam||Manchester, M16|
|Schay Wickham||Islington, EC1V|
|Matthew Linley||East London, E11|
|Marco Marconi||Hitchin, SG4|
|Sarah Manship||North London, NW2|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
|Ben Malitskie||Greenwich, SE10|
|Katarzyna||NW London, NW9|
|Sergey||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Naufal Mukumi||Charlton, SE7|
|Damon Flanagan||greenwich,charlton, SE7|
|Laura J Murphy||Highbury, London, N5|
|Natalie Cavey||Clapham/ Brixton, SW2|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Elena Tuganova||North London, E8|
|Jessica Eccleston||Finchley Central, N3|
|Alex Leese||Richmond, TW9|
|Clara Perez Sedano||London, NW10|
|Frances Grime||Fulham, SW6|
|Irma Vastakaite||London, NW1|
|Stefan Knapik||London, SE4|
|Eliot Darwin||Sheffield, S6|
|Cicely Eckhoff||London, WC1|
|Joe Wright||North London, N12|
|Andrada Maria Brisc||Ealing, W3|
|Faye Treacy||Camden, NW1|
|Emma Paton-Philip||Horsham, RH13|
|Sophie Rashbrook||Chelmsford, CM1|
|Bryony Moody||London, SW15|
|Hara Kostogianni||Croydon, CR0|
|Tom Parker||Ealing, W5|
|Christopher Guild||Greenwich, SE7|
|Tim Stein||North West London, N2|
|Adriana Beaumont-Thomas||Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2|
|Thornton Tuition||Middlesbrough, TS8|
|Abi Lucas||North London, N4|
|Rachel Taverner LRSM||Manchester,, M15|
|Katarina Majcen||London & Cambridge, SW5|
|Jonathan Booty||Manchester, M20|
|Hamish Mackay||London, E2|
|Philip Milburn (Music Doctor)||Hove, BN3|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Emilio Salice||London, NW5|
|Nadine Nagen||Greenwich, SE7|
|Tim Anderson||London, N8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Piano
- Personal Message
- I'm Beth Gifford, currently a student at Birmingham Conservatoire and an experienced teacher, both in my own practice and as a Mentor at the Junior Birmingham Conservatoire. www.bethgifford.com
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Music Theory, Viola, Violin, Piano, Singing (female only), folk fiddle
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have Grade 8 Viola (ABRSM), Grade 8 Singing (Distinction, ABRSM), Grade 6 Piano (ABRSM) Grade 5 Piano (Rockschool) Grade 5 Theory (ABRSM, Distinction). I am currently on the fourth year of a Bmus(hons) at the Birmingham Conservatoire specialising in viola with classical singing as a second study.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive orchestral experience with youth orchestras, adult amatuer orchestras, as a paid professional and in Conservatoire. I have been involved in many chamber music projects, again as an amateur and a professional. As a soloist I have also appeared in a number of concerts, and with number of amateur orchestras. In 2009, I was the winner of the Hertford Young Musician of the Year award (strings, and overall winner). I was also an accompanist for the Broxbourne School choir, from 2007-2009, and conductor of the Broxbourne School string group 2008-2009.
More recently I have become the co-principle viola of the Leighton Buzzard Sinfonia and of the Baroque group Summo Campana, including as a soloist for Bach's Brandenburg Concerto no6
Outside of classical music, I have had experience in a wide range of other genres. I have grown up with folk music, and have always taken a great interest in it. As a singer and violist I performed with bands at venues and festivals across the country. I have also played in Klezmer bands, the Birmingham Conservatoire Folk Ensemble, and a number of small groups, including a guest performance with the folk band Chalktown.
As a teacher, I have had broad experience in different environments. I've taught theory, composition and pre-exam coaching one to one. I have also taken classroom lessons, at GCSE and below. More recently, I have become a music educator, with roles as an assistant and a workshop leader, for a steel pan band. With larger groups, I have been teaching for the folk youth arts company Shooting Roots for 5 years and I am now a Lead Tutor. I am also a Mentor and Orchestral Coach at the Junior Birmingham Conservatoire as a recipient of the leverhulme mentoring scheme.
- How much do you charge?
- £20 an hour is my usual rate, and £12 for a half hour. I would ask for travel expenses, if teaching outside of my immediate area.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach either in my own home (Birmingham, B5) or at the Birmingham Conservatoire in the city centre.
- When are you available?
- Most evenings and weekends. Some afternoons, depending on my schedule.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages! In terms of levels:
Viola: Up to grade 8
Violin: Up to grade 6
Classical piano: Up to grade 5
Rockschool piano: Up to grade 5
Singing - female only: Up to grade 8
Theory: Up to grade 5
Folk fiddle: Beginner to intermediate.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Primarily I focus on the ABRSM Syllabus but I am also experienced with Trinity Guildhall and Trinity Rockschool. Primarily I aim to help the Student make their own choices
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently one of my pupils is preparing for her grade 5 singing, two for their grade 5 theory. One of my piano pupils has just recieved great feed back on his Prep test and we are now preparing for the Grade 1.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have a number of Violins of different sizes for a small hire cost for starting students
Send a message to Beth Gifford
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more