Find UK Tuition
Piano Teachers / Piano Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Piano
Compare Piano Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Piano Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Piano Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Sheng-Che Wu||Birmingham, B1|
|Victoria Bonham||Birmingham, B1|
|Sofia Sarmento||Birmingham, B3|
|Elliot Drew||Birmingham, B13|
|David McWilliam||Birmingham, B14|
|David Hardie||Birmingham, B15|
|Helen King||Birmingham, B15|
|Susanna Bearfoot||Birmingham, B16|
|Diane Hiley||Birmingham, B17|
|Liz Goble||Birmingham, B17|
|Matt Foundling||Birmingham, B30|
|Lauren Coles||Birmingham, B66|
|Martin Rowberry||Sutton Coldfield, B75|
Tutors travelling to B
|Nicky Pound MA BMus LRAM||Coventry, CV5|
|Trudi Garth||Coventry, CV22|
|Dr Stephen Oxley||Derbyshire, DE55|
|Aimée de Gruchy-Lambert||London, SM2|
|Michelle C Gibson||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Marta Bochenek||london, E7|
|Jamie Rock||Surrey Quays, SE8|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, London, SE14|
|Daniel Friend||Norfolk, Suffolk, NR2|
|Luke Fraser||Stoke Newington, N16|
|David Mears||Abingdon, OX14|
|Sofya Fotiyadi||Orpington, BR6|
|Aron Rozsa||London, NW10|
|Teodor Radu||City of London, EC2|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Yvonne Clarke||Balham, SW12|
|Ryoko Izutsu||Brockley, SE4|
|Edgar Cardoso||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Eleanor Hudson||Macclesfield, SK11|
|Matt Mockford||Cardiff, CF5|
|Jemma Freestone||South London, SE5|
|Edward Farmer||Central London, SE13|
|Hara Kostogianni||Croydon, CR0|
|Marianne Hardisty||South East London, SE13|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Emile Junge||London, W11|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Guido Mallardi||London, HA0|
|Colin Smith||Bristol, BS6|
|Simon Gilkes||Paddington, W2|
|Anthony Brown||Southwark, London, SE1|
|Ms Olga Jegunova||London, W2|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
|Marco Marconi||Hitchin, SG4|
|Natalie Watson||London, NW10|
|Assel||Westminster, London, NW8|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Andrew Johnston - Pianist||Greenwich, SE13|
|Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers||South London, SW2|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Steve Pringle||Blackheath, SE3|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Michelle C Gibson||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Andrew Kwan||Harrow, Pinner, HA5|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||London, NW6|
|Alex Wingfield||London, N16|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Bekki Gocher||Manchester, M3|
|Liam H||Stockbridge, Hants, SO20|
|Steven Dodsworth||Croydon, CR0|
|Nina Zautashvili||Ealing, W13|
|Jonathan Booty||Manchester, M20|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Charlie Flint||Shoreditch, E2|
|Stephanie Tepper||Hammersmith, SW13|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|Gaetano Nenna||London, NW10|
|Andrew Connington||Teddington, TW11|
|Harriet Stubbs||London, SW11|
|Alicia BA (Hons) Music||Peterborough, PE4|
|Ian G||Croydon, CR2|
|Paul McBretney||Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18|
|Emma Yates-Butler||York, YO31|
|Alexander Durham||Durham City, DH1|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Piano
- Personal Message
- Blending the best of traditional teaching methods along with the more modern approaches, I can help you to become the best you can be at the Piano.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Piano, Jazz Piano & Music Theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- ALCM - Piano Performance Diploma,
CTABRSM - Certificate of Teaching of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
DipABRSM - Piano Performance Diploma
BA Hons (Open) - Covering amongst other subjects, Psychology and Music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over 20 years of Piano teaching experience, from Beginners to Diploma level.
Recital performance in the UK, International performance experience on Cruise liners, as a Cocktail Pianist, and Keys player in the house band.
Performance experience covers everything from playing hymns for the Archbishop of Canterbury, to classical recitals, to playing Keyboards in function bands. I also do a little musical arranging, and session recording work.
- How much do you charge?
- Lessons are £20 per half hour. The first lesson is always free.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach Piano from my home studio in Kings Heath, and also give Home Visits to students in Solihull, Hampton in Arden, Knowle & Dorridge. Many of my Kings Heath students come to me from surrounding areas, such as Moseley, Edgbaston, Wythall, Earlswood, Shirley and Hall Green.
- When are you available?
- I teach Mon-Fri during school term times.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach pupils from the age of 5 up to 80 and beyond, from beginners to advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM Piano Grades 1-8 & Diplomas, All ABRSM Jazz Piano Grades,
Trinity Guildhall Grades 1-8, LCMM Jazz 6-8.
Pupils are also offered the chance to perform in local music festivals, which I find really helps to develop their confidence, and get useful feedback on their playing.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have a fully up to date DBS Certificate.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online tutoring first and foremost depends on a good web connection for video calls. Skype works well generally, although in certain territories such as China, Facetime or WeChat tend to work best.
You would need your device mounted at the Piano so that I can see your wrists and fingers, and so that you can see me.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Yes - 2 organisations! I'm a Fellow of the Incorporated Society of Musicians (FISM), and a member of its Private Teachers Section. I'm also a member of the European Piano Teachers' Association (EPTA).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied under Barbara Morgan, Molly-Ann Smith, Beryl Chempin & Peter Noke.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One of my students, at the age of 80, this year passed his Grade 8, despite having arthritis in his fingers and wrists.
The last few years I've had several winners in the Birmingham Music Festival, Solihull Music Festival and the Northfield Festivals.
In Autumn 2014, all Jazz Piano pupils achieved Distinctions in their Grades.
Several students went on to study at Music Colleges and Universities.
Several recent Diploma graduates - in DipABRSM and ATCL.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I will guide you, help you achieve the best technique, and help you to not just play notes, but bring musicality to the fore. We'll have fun learning together, and turning you into a confident player.
Do remember, it's practice that really dictates your rate of progress and level of enjoyment, so get the most from your lessons by setting aside time for regular practice, and the rewards can last a lifetime.
Send a message to David McWilliam
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more