Find UK Tuition
Piano Teachers / Piano Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Piano
Compare Piano Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Piano Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Piano Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Josh Hall||Birmingham, B1|
|Sheng-Che Wu||Birmingham, B1|
|Liz Goble||Birmingham, B15|
|Beth Gifford||Birmingham, B16|
|Liz Meyer||Birmingham, B16|
|Susanna Bearfoot||Birmingham, B16|
|Amy Cunningham||Birmingham, B17|
|Diane Hiley||Birmingham, B17|
|Matt Foundling||Birmingham, B30|
|Prima Piano||Harborne, B32|
|Lauren Coles||Birmingham, B66|
|Martin Rowberry||Sutton Coldfield, B75|
Tutors travelling to B
|Trudi Garth||Coventry, CV22|
|Dr Stephen Oxley||Derbyshire, DE55|
|Benjamin Rose||Birmingham, GL15|
|Aimée de Gruchy-Lambert||London, SM2|
|Dr Martin Thiselton||Sheffield, S10|
|chloe chi||Queensgate, SW7|
|Irma Vastakaite||London, NW1|
|Alexander Koshelev||Purfleet, Essex, RM19|
|Andrew Johnston - Pianist||Greenwich, SE13|
|Bryony Moody||London, SW19|
|Radhika de Saram||Hampstead, NW3|
|Philip Milburn (Music Doctor)||Hove, BN3|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Miss Simone Wang||London, WC1|
|Nadine Nagen||Greenwich, SE7|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||London, NW6|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Stephen Daltry||Mortlake, SW14|
|Katarzyna||NW London, NW9|
|Gina Lewis Watts||Hammersmith, W6|
|Steven Dodsworth||Croydon, CR0|
|Ms Olga Jegunova||London, W2|
|Colin Smith||Bristol, BS6|
|Lewis Wright||Blackheath, SE3|
|Laura Hammonds||London, NW9|
|Andrew Kwan||Harrow, Pinner, HA5|
|Matt Buswell||Chiswick, W12|
|Schay Wickham||Islington, EC1V|
|Pauline Farren||Chester, CW6|
|Pamela Michaelides||W Central london, SW3|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Hara Kostogianni||Croydon, CR0|
|Nina Zautashvili||Ealing, W13|
|Daniel Friend||Yoxford, IP17|
|Dane Lam||London, N2|
|Jun Piano Lessons||Kensington High St, W8|
|Matthew Linley||East London, E11|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|nathanbritton||Greater London, KT8|
|Guido Mallardi||London, HA0|
|Natalie Cavey||Tooting/Balham, SW17|
|Peter Mallinson||Chesham, HP5|
|Annette Beaumont Ellis||Chelsea, SW3|
|Jemma Freestone||City of London, E2|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Marco Marconi||Hitchin, SG4|
|Panagiota Kapnisi||London, SW8|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Lucy Gostwick||Oxford, OX1|
|Christopher Guild||Greenwich, SE7|
|Stephanie Tepper||Hammersmith, SW13|
|Jonathan Booty||Manchester, M20|
|Kate Abbott||Leeds, LS7|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Emma Paton-Philip||Horsham, RH13|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Denise Marleyn||Leighton Buzzard, LU7|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Yvonne Clarke||Balham, SW12|
|Damon Flanagan||greenwich,charlton, SE7|
|Tim Stein||North West London, N2|
|Kate Symonds-Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Simon Gilkes||Paddington, W2|
|Bridget Kelly||Bruntsfield, EH10|
|Emma Yates-Butler||York, YO31|
|H Mclatchie||London, W3|
|Ryoko Izutsu||Brockley, SE4|
|Andrew Connington||Teddington, TW11|
|Ian G||Croydon, CR2|
|Alvaro G. Cortes||Charlton, SE7|
|Chris Hatton||Hackney, E5|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Sam Woodford||West Kensington, W14|
|Andrada Maria Brisc||Ealing, W3|
|Kaja Bjorntvedt||London, New Cross, SE14|
|Natasha BA (Hons)||Peterborough, PE4|
|Jessica Eccleston||Manchester, M13|
|Eliot Darwin||Sheffield, S6|
|Rachel Wick||Muswell Hill, N10|
|Madelaine Clara Jones||Greenwich, SE10|
|Paul McBretney||Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18|
|Thornton Tuition||Middlesbrough, TS8|
|Aron Rozsa||London, NW10|
|Jon Spanyol||London, NW5|
|Cicely Eckhoff||London, WC1|
|Katarina Marcinger||South East London, SE4|
|Hamish Mackay||London, N1|
|Marta Bochenek||london, E7|
|Steve Pringle||Blackheath, SE3|
|Sofia Sarmento||London - Lewisham, SE10|
|Rafael Bolivar||East London, E10|
|Aaron Monteverde||Epsom, KT19|
|Kate White||York, N. Yorkshire, YO10|
|Ben Moorhouse||Hackney, London, E9|
|Richard J A Jones||Muswell Hill, N10|
|Clara Perez Sedano||London, NW10|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Sofya Fotiyadi||Bromley, BR1|
|Sarah Manship||South West London, SW17|
|Gavin Cranmer-Moralee||Sanderstead, CR2|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
|Elena Tuganova||North London, E8|
|Mary F Stockley||Warrington, WA1|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Piano
- Personal Message
- I'm Beth Gifford, currently a student at Birmingham Conservatoire and an experienced teacher, both in my own practice and as a Mentor at the Junior Birmingham Conservatoire. www.bethgifford.com
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Music Theory, Viola, Violin, Piano, Singing (female only), folk fiddle
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have Grade 8 Viola (ABRSM), Grade 8 Singing (Distinction, ABRSM), Grade 6 Piano (ABRSM) Grade 5 Piano (Rockschool) Grade 5 Theory (ABRSM, Distinction). I am currently on the fourth year of a Bmus(hons) at the Birmingham Conservatoire specialising in viola with classical singing as a second study.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive orchestral experience with youth orchestras, adult amatuer orchestras, as a paid professional and in Conservatoire. I have been involved in many chamber music projects, again as an amateur and a professional. As a soloist I have also appeared in a number of concerts, and with number of amateur orchestras. In 2009, I was the winner of the Hertford Young Musician of the Year award (strings, and overall winner). I was also an accompanist for the Broxbourne School choir, from 2007-2009, and conductor of the Broxbourne School string group 2008-2009.
More recently I have become the co-principle viola of the Leighton Buzzard Sinfonia and of the Baroque group Summo Campana, including as a soloist for Bach's Brandenburg Concerto no6
Outside of classical music, I have had experience in a wide range of other genres. I have grown up with folk music, and have always taken a great interest in it. As a singer and violist I performed with bands at venues and festivals across the country. I have also played in Klezmer bands, the Birmingham Conservatoire Folk Ensemble, and a number of small groups, including a guest performance with the folk band Chalktown.
As a teacher, I have had broad experience in different environments. I've taught theory, composition and pre-exam coaching one to one. I have also taken classroom lessons, at GCSE and below. More recently, I have become a music educator, with roles as an assistant and a workshop leader, for a steel pan band. With larger groups, I have been teaching for the folk youth arts company Shooting Roots for 5 years and I am now a Lead Tutor. I am also a Mentor and Orchestral Coach at the Junior Birmingham Conservatoire as a recipient of the leverhulme mentoring scheme.
- How much do you charge?
- £20 an hour is my usual rate, and £12 for a half hour. I would ask for travel expenses, if teaching outside of my immediate area.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach either in my own home (Birmingham, B5) or at the Birmingham Conservatoire in the city centre.
- When are you available?
- Most evenings and weekends. Some afternoons, depending on my schedule.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages! In terms of levels:
Viola: Up to grade 8
Violin: Up to grade 6
Classical piano: Up to grade 5
Rockschool piano: Up to grade 5
Singing - female only: Up to grade 8
Theory: Up to grade 5
Folk fiddle: Beginner to intermediate.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Primarily I focus on the ABRSM Syllabus but I am also experienced with Trinity Guildhall and Trinity Rockschool. Primarily I aim to help the Student make their own choices
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently one of my pupils is preparing for her grade 5 singing, two for their grade 5 theory. One of my piano pupils has just recieved great feed back on his Prep test and we are now preparing for the Grade 1.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have a number of Violins of different sizes for a small hire cost for starting students