Find UK Tuition
Piano Teachers / Piano Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Piano
Compare Piano Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Piano Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Piano Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Sheng-Che Wu||Birmingham, B1|
|Victoria Bonham||Birmingham, B1|
|Sofia Sarmento||Birmingham, B3|
|Elliot Drew||Birmingham, B13|
|David McWilliam||Birmingham, B14|
|David Hardie||Birmingham, B15|
|Helen King||Birmingham, B15|
|Susanna Bearfoot||Birmingham, B16|
|Diane Hiley||Birmingham, B17|
|Liz Goble||Birmingham, B17|
|Matt Foundling||Birmingham, B30|
|Lauren Coles||Birmingham, B66|
|Martin Rowberry||Sutton Coldfield, B75|
Tutors travelling to B
|Nicky Pound MA BMus LRAM||Coventry, CV5|
|Trudi Garth||Coventry, CV22|
|Dr Stephen Oxley||Derbyshire, DE55|
|Aimée de Gruchy-Lambert||London, SM2|
|Michelle C Gibson||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Hara Kostogianni||Croydon, CR0|
|Andrew Kwan||Harrow, Pinner, HA5|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
|Emma Yates-Butler||York, YO31|
|Steven Dodsworth||Croydon, CR0|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Bekki Gocher||Manchester, M3|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, London, SE14|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Stephanie Tepper||Hammersmith, SW13|
|Daniel Friend||Norfolk, Suffolk, NR2|
|Paul McBretney||Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Colin Smith||Bristol, BS6|
|Ms Olga Jegunova||London, W2|
|Harriet Stubbs||London, SW11|
|Assel||Westminster, London, NW8|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Guido Mallardi||London, HA0|
|Eleanor Hudson||Macclesfield, SK11|
|David Mears||Abingdon, OX14|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Marianne Hardisty||South East London, SE13|
|Andrew Connington||Teddington, TW11|
|Jamie Rock||Surrey Quays, SE8|
|Jonathan Booty||Manchester, M20|
|Marco Marconi||Hitchin, SG4|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|Matt Mockford||Cardiff, CF5|
|Andrew Johnston - Pianist||Greenwich, SE13|
|Marta Bochenek||london, E7|
|Jemma Freestone||South London, SE5|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers||South London, SW2|
|Alexander Durham||Durham City, DH1|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Steve Pringle||Blackheath, SE3|
|Teodor Radu||City of London, EC2|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Sofya Fotiyadi||Orpington, BR6|
|Aron Rozsa||London, NW10|
|Liam H||Stockbridge, Hants, SO20|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Alex Wingfield||London, N16|
|Charlie Flint||Shoreditch, E2|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Edward Farmer||Central London, SE13|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Emile Junge||London, W11|
|Alicia BA (Hons) Music||Peterborough, PE4|
|Ian G||Croydon, CR2|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Gaetano Nenna||London, NW10|
|Luke Fraser||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Edgar Cardoso||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Simon Gilkes||Paddington, W2|
|Nina Zautashvili||Ealing, W13|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||London, NW6|
|Michelle C Gibson||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Ryoko Izutsu||Brockley, SE4|
|Yvonne Clarke||Balham, SW12|
|Natalie Watson||London, NW10|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Piano
- Personal Message
- I am a friendly and experienced violin and piano teacher, experienced in helping prepare for ABRSM examinations. I teach violin and piano in schools in Sutton Coldfield and Edgbaston, experienced in teaching beginners through to advanced students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach violin, viola and piano. I am experienced in tutoring up to Grade 8 and beyond. I am experienced in helping students prepare for ARBSM examinations and improve their technique, whilst also making sure pupils enjoy learning their instrument! I am also able to teach Music Theory or give extra help to students preparing to take GCSE or A level Music examinations.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus Honours degree and Postgraduate Certificate awarded from Birmingham Conservatoire.
While a student, I was awarded a CBSO Scheme award, a place on the Birmingham Royal Ballet Scheme and the Tracy Colvin Award and Mehri Rohri Gazdar Violin Scholarship.
A level Music
A level Music Technology
Grade 8 Violin
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 5 years of teaching experience - holding positions at Hallfield School and Highclare School. I am experienced in teaching complete beginners of any age. I currently teach at a prep school so I am happy to teach students of age 5 and over. I am happy to teach young children in groups of 2 or 3 if needed as I have experience teaching young string ensembles.
My orchestral playing includes work with the Royal Ballet Sinfonia - orchestra of the Birmingham Royal Ballet and British Philharmonic Orchestra amongst others. I have performed in venues such as the Royal Albert Hall, The Barbican, Purcell Room, Symphony Hall and St John's Smith Square.
I regularly perform with my string quartet, The 440 Quartet (see media player), all around the country and abroad.
- How much do you charge?
- Individual lesson: £30 per hour. £15 per 30 mins. £22.50 per 45 mins
Group lesson (2 or 3 children) £30 per hour
Extra fees will be charged for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at my home in Harborne. I can also teach at Birmingham Conservatoire if students are willing to travel. I am also happy to travel to students homes around Birmingham, within a certain distance.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach most weekday afternoons and evenings and most Sundays. .
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach any ages. Beginners to advanced pupils welcome.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold an up-to-date CRB certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Birmingham Conservatoire - David le Page, Nathaniel Vallois
Christ's Hospital School, Horsham, West Sussex - John Forster
Royal College of Music Junior Department - Brigid Krikland Wilson
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently teach the piano and violin to a lot of young beginners, aged from 5 upwards. When teaching beginner violinists, I tend to use the Fiddle Time Starters and Joggers books, prgoressing at a later stage to Mary Cohen Study books. I am also currently helping students of all ages and abilities to prepare for ABRSM examinations. Alongside learning an instrument, I also encorporate music theory in to lessons as this is very important.
I am currently preparing some year 3/4 students for grade 1, having taught them for a year prior to this.
On the other hand, some of my older pupils are preparing for Grade 6 exams and higher.
I enjoy helping prepare pupils for exams if they so wish, and my pupils have gone on to achieve very high marks in ABRSM exams.
My main aim is to ensure that students enjoy learning their instrument and that they always have suitable material to ensure that they can progress further.
Send a message to Liz Goble
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more