Find UK Tuition
QTS Skills Test Tutors / QTS Skills Test Tuition in Plymouth
Read more about QTS Skills Test
Compare QTS Skills Test Tutors in Plymouth (Devon/ Cornwall) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider QTS Skills Test Tuition from tutors who can travel to Plymouth (Devon/ Cornwall) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for QTS Skills Test Tutor jobs in the Plymouth (Devon/ Cornwall) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in PL postcode
|K Heardman||Plymouth, PL9|
Tutors travelling to PL
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Chris M.||Holloway, N7|
|Mrs N Fleet||Purley, CR8|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
|Shafiq Fakir||London, W1U|
|Dr Steven Naylor||Stockport Cheshire, SK12|
|Rob Folkard||Wembley, HA9|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|IanSwift - Maths Tutor||Leicester, LE9|
|Roxanne S.||Crouch End, N8|
|Stella Vink||Maidenhead, Berks, SL6|
|Mike Brown||Essex and London, SS7|
|Mary Fox||Epsom, KT18|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Jeff Burrell||South Godstone, RH9|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for QTS Skills Test
- Personal Message
- I am fully committed to supporting and enabling individuals in achieving their goals, whether they consist of learning a new skill or getting a degree, or simply bringing about a positive change.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English for Academic Purposes, Linguistics, English Language and Literature, Psychology, Singing and violin . I provide support for all kinds of academic writing, but I don't write essays for people!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA Applied Linguistics; PGCE; BA (Hons) Music; Diploma in NLP (MASC); Diploma in Professional Hypnotherapy; Dip. Counselling; Dip. Psychotherapy; Level 4 Mental Health and Social Work; Level 5 Diploma in CBT; Diploma in Psychology (NQF level 3); Diploma in General Science (NQF Level 3); Advanced Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology (NCFE Level 4).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 30 years experience of teaching English and Music across the ages; for much of this time I have had leadership posts, including two headships and a role as a Quality Improvement Officer, preparing schools for HMI inspections and writing follow-through reports. More recently I have trained teachers on the BEd and PGCE courses at Plymouth University and taught English for Academic Purposes in Plymouth Business School, preparing overseas students for their Masters degrees, including MBA. I currently prepare candidates for IELTs/FCE/PET and am an academic rater for Pearson.
Additionally, I provide tuition in A level English, Psychology and Critical Thinking, together with GCSE tuition in English, Science and Music. I also give singing and violin lessons.
I have extensive experience of coaching singers for shows, choral works and recitals, and I am a first violinist with ISCA Ensemble. I am a former member of the Hallam Sinfonia in Sheffield and Aberdeen Chamber Orchestra, and I also lead a string quartet. I have Skype singing pupils from as far away as Melbourne in Australia.
- How much do you charge?
- All lessons cost £25 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in my own home in Wembury, Plymouth PL9 and via Skype.
- When are you available?
- I can teach at any time to suit the individual needs of clients.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 16- to post- compulsory and higher education; I teach A Level, provide degree and postgraduate dissertation support and also provide coaching and mentoring in study skills.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IELTs/CPE/FCE/PET; BEd; PGCE; BA Hons English/Linguistics; A Level English, Music and Psychology; MBA; QTS Skills tests in Numeracy and Literacy; Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music exams (ABRSM); Trinity College Music Exams..
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Applicants can pay for a lesson via Paypal or bank transfer and set up a video tutorial via Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- CMA; AOTOS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I took music at Huddersfield University Music College and learnt violin with Herbert Whone and piano with Eileen Bass, plus singing with David Lennox. I took Linguistics at Masters at the University of Sheffield with Graham Nixon. I have also studied for Counselling, NLP, Psychotherapy and professional Hypnotherapy via the Stonebridge Colleges, BSY and Open College, Birmingham. I recently received a distinction for my Level 5 Diploma in CBT.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have recently prepared an overseas doctor for IELTs, who has achieved level 8 and gone on to achieve PLAB1 and 2 to enable her to register with the GMC and practise as a doctor in the UK. I also have overseas students who regularly contact me for support with assignments, and some students come specifically for diction and pronunciation support. In addition, I have violin, singing and piano pupils at present; some are learning for fun as adults and some are preparing specifically for shows and exams; one has recently won two cups in Plymouth Music Festival. In fact, I have singing pupils in Germany and Australia and IELTs pupils in Nanjing and Shanghai via Skype, too!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I work with the individual and tailor my approach to suit the learning style of the student. All of my students have reported finding me easy to communicate with, and a fun teacher who has made them feel at ease and made them feel empowered.
Send a message to K Heardman
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more