Find UK Tuition
Recorder Teachers / Recorder Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Recorder
Compare Recorder Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Recorder Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Recorder Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to B
|Aimée de Gruchy-Lambert||London, SM2|
|Adam Harvey||Chippenham, SN15|
|Aimée de Gruchy-Lambert||London, SM2|
|Jemma Freestone||City of London, E2|
|Sarah Manship||Winchmore Hill, N13|
|Kat Browning Music||Caernarfon, LL55|
|Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor||Brighton, BN2|
|Julie Dean||London, SE19|
|Mrs Elaine Tatematsu BMus QTS||Crystal Palace, SE19|
|Marta Bochenek||london, E7|
|Alice Baxter||London, SW16|
|Stephanie Tepper||Hammersmith, SW13|
|Kalia Baklitzanaki||North East London, E17|
|Kylie Nesbit||London, E15|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Radhika de Saram||Hampstead, NW3|
|Laura Manship||Hertfordshire, HP3|
|Esther Hayden||Hertfordshire, AL3|
|Matt Mockford||Cardiff, CF5|
|Sara Woo-Sam||Cambridge, CB1|
|Udita Everett||Brighton & Hove, BN1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Recorder
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced musician, both as a performer and teacher and hold degrees from both Oxford University and the Royal College of Music. I wish to inspire pupils of any age or ability.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- *SPECIAL NOTICE* I presently have plenty of availability for new students, as I am building up my pupil base again after spending some time abroad. I am offering a *free lesson* to anyone who signs up to a block of 4 lessons throughout Feb, and a further free lesson each time I gain a new pupil through your recommendation. I also will be offering all university students a reduced rate, please contact me to find out more.
I give Recorder and Flute lessons to students of any standard, right from beginners to very advanced pupils. I also teach beginner piano up to around grade 3 and music theory up to grade 5, as well as offering general musicianship coaching on a range of instruments and coaching for school academic music exams.
As well as teaching in person, I offer lessons over Skype. I have several flute and recorder pupils I have been teaching over video link on skype very successfully, and this can be a good way to either learn if living in a more remote area of far away from specialist teachers, or alternatively to give yourself a short course of 'kickstart' lessons or want to have some tutoring input with least inconvenience if you have a busy lifestyle. Skype lessons are at a reduced rate of £20 per hour and includes email follow up about lesson.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am highly qualified on both the recorder and flute. I have an LRSM (distinction) on recorder and a dipABRSM (distinction) on flute. I also have grade 5 theory and grade 5 piano.
I studied in Brasenose College, Oxford, and have a BA(hons)OXON in Music, in which I achieved a 2:1, as well as also holding an MA from Oxford. I also did a Masters in Advanced Performance at the Royal College of Music, majoring on recorder with 2nd study flute, gaining a Distinction.
As well as music qualifications, I hold an MSc in Psychology.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught privately now for several years. This has included children as young as 4, right up to retired students, wishing to refresh their skills. I have had pupils of all standards, from complete beginner to grade 8+ and my pupils have excelled in graded music and theory exams. I have also taught flute and piano at the North London Music Centre and recorder at several London schools.
I have extensive performing experience, having played solo in venues such as St. David's Hall, Cardiff; the Royal Albert Hall, London, the Hollywell Rooms, Oxford; and have also performed abroad. I have also played with a range of ensembles and orchestras. I hope to inspire pupils to want to perform themselves, even if just to their families, and to share my enthusiasm for live music!
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £28 an hour/£14 half hour for individual instrumental lessons and £10/£20 for theory. Reduced prices can be arranged by consultation for group lessons. I will often offer a reduced price for an introductory/trial lesson also. Depending how far I have to travel to teach, I may require a basic fee for time/money spent travelling.
Skype (video link) lessons for flute or recorder are £20 per hour. I am also willing to give online coaching/advice over email correspondence for both practical and theoretical music matters, for which my pricing would be flexible depending on the nature of the inquiry/coaching required.
*SPECIAL NOTICE* I presently have plenty of availability for new students, as I am building up my pupil base again after spending some time abroad. I am offering a *free lesson* to anyone who signs up to a block of 4 lessons throughout Feb, and a further free lesson each time I gain a new pupil through your recommendation. I also will be offering all university students a reduced rate, please contact me to find out more.
- Where do you teach?
- I will soon be moving to the London area and will be basing myself near Sutton. As I have my own transport, I am happy to consider pupils anywhere in the area, and will frequently be travelling into central London, so would be happy to teach pupils in anywhere in London with good transport links. A fee may be incurred depending how far I have to travel/time taken to reach you.
I will still have contact with and frequently travel to both Oxford and Newport/Cardiff areas, so if you live in these regions and wish to discuss lessons, this could be arranged.
I will also continue teaching over Skype, so feel free to contact me regarding this option, as well as coaching via email correspondence.
- When are you available?
- I can be flexible with times although prefer not to teach in the weekend. Please get in touch for any specific enquiries.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and all levels. No one is too old to learn! From those who are just starting out, to those who want to refresh their playing, to those are aspiring to high levels, all are welcome. I would not usually teach a child under 6, but feel free to contact me to discuss your child and their needs if they are younger and some arrangement may be made. I particularly enjoy teaching older learners, whether for refresher lessons or as adult beginners, but am also very good with young players and children. In the last couple of years, I have had pupils ranging in age from 4 to 60+ and from total beginner to grade 8.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have been entering pupils for graded instrumental and theory exams (ABRSM) for several years, with excellent results. I am also willing to coach pupils towards school music exams, such as GCSE and A level music.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- As described above, I teach recorder and flute over skype video link. All you need for this is a webcam and a good internet connection! I find instruments larger than recorder/flute are difficult over skype as it is hard to observe and comment on technique if the whole instrument isn't in view, so no piano over skype!
I can also answer practical and theoretical musical enquiries via email or coach via email correspondence. Please get in contact for more information.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have had excellent musical training from an early age. Most recently I have been training for my Masters at the Royal College of Music under Ashley Solomon for recorder and Sue Thomas for flute. I have had specialist contemporary training on recorder with Julien Feltran and have previously studied with Alan Davies. Previous flute teachers include Graham Mayger, Belinda Gough, Lisa Nelson and Christine Messiter. I did my BA in Music in Brasenose College, Oxford.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I will let my students, present and previous, speak for themselves!
'I have a son aged 7, and a daughter aged 5. Aimeé was quickly able to establish their different learning styles and adapt lessons to ensure they were both enjoying their lessons, keeping motivated and improving.'
'Aimee's CV speaks for itself, and her intelligence, patience and kindness quickly shine through the moment she starts interacting with the children.'
'Aimee was particularly supportive in the run up to music exams ensuring that my daughter was always extremely well prepared and confident in her ability.'
'Whilst she is very professional in her approach to teaching she is also very personable and a good communicator who puts pupils and their parents at their ease'
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music is a gift that should be treasured. It is something that all people can participate in and enjoy and if one keeps and open mind, many wonderful things can be learnt through it, regardless or age or experience.