Find UK Tuition
Sibelius Tutors / Sibelius Tuition in Preston
Read more about Sibelius
Compare Sibelius Tutors in Preston (Lancashire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Sibelius Tuition from tutors who can travel to Preston (Lancashire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Sibelius Tutor jobs in the Preston (Lancashire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in PR postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to PR
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Nicholas Moroz||London, W12|
|Tim Doyle||London, N15|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|Jane Salmon||Central London, EC1V|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Alison Rowley||Bristol, BS5|
|Firat Altay||London, N4|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Tim Maryon||London, NW1|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Pedro Silva||Central London, NW1|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Charlotte Botterill||St Albans, Watford, AL2|
|John Cervantes||Dulwich, London, SE21|
|Rachel Nicholas||Wirral, CH47|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- I am a professional Trumpet player in Manchester. I am enthusiastic and passionate about all aspects and genres of music. Teaching keen students is both fulfilling and rewarding.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- The fields in which I specialize are: Teaching brass instruments, singing, saxophone and music theory. I also have excellent teaching skills in the areas of conducting, and Jazz, the theory behind it, playing it, and Improvisation. Being a Trumpeter I give advanced tuition in Trumpet playing if asked. I always structure my teaching to the specific person, to optimise the teaching experience for everyone. I very much enjoy teaching, as it gives me the opportunity to pass on my knowledge and enthusiasm to anyone who loves music and is willing to learn.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a 1st class B Mus (Hons) degree from the Royal Northern College of Music, in Music and Performance. Also an Artist's Certificate Degree from the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. I work as the Music Theory Tutor for a big online company, and an instrumental teacher for services around the Manchester area.
12 GCSE's, 4 A levels, BTEC in public services, various grade achievements on instruments.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught individually and in groups for several years and have a great deal of experience in playing in chamber groups, large ensembles, orchestras, and as a soloist. I perform regularly as a soloist and chamber musician around the UK, Norway, and all over the world.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 an hour, but I give half hour lessons with beginners (and those who only want a half hour lesson) at £12. If I have to travel to the student's house, there will be an additional fee of up to £5 for travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at the student's home (for a little extra cost) or at my own place in Farnworth, Bolton
- When are you available?
- My timetable is very flexible as I teach alongside my professional playing, so it would be easy to arrange times which suit the student best. I am also available during term time and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages, from complete beginner to advanced.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a CRB enhanced disclosure certificate
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- The student and I will organise lesson times via E-Mail to suit the student best. It is best if the webcam is set up in an open, spacious room, and that external noise is reduced to a minimum. Skype/Gmail Chat or any alternative is fine with me. Payment would either be arranged prior to the lesson, or evidence of transaction approved would need to be provided.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the International Trumpet Guild.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Gareth Small - Principal Trumpet of the Hallé Orchestra
John Miller - Head of Brass at RNCM
Murray Greig - Trumpet Tutor at the RNCM and principal Trumpet of Opera North
Jan Fredrik Christiansen - Principal Trumpet of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra
Ole Edvard Antonsen - World famous international Trumpet soloist
Tracey Redfern - Principal Trumpet of Manchester Camerata (Freelance Trumpet Player in the UK)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It's all about having fun - so whether you're starting from scratch, or re-kindling a childhood passion, it's always worth it. Music is a language, and learning to speak it can be one of the most valuable, enhancing experiences you could ever do in your life.
"Life is a lot like a trumpet - If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out"
Send a message to Mark Harrison
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more