Find UK Tuition
Trumpet Teachers / Trumpet Lessons in Birmingham
Read more about Trumpet
Compare Trumpet Teachers in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Trumpet Lessons from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Trumpet Teacher jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Saphran Ali||Birmingham, B9|
|Becky Rumens-Syratt||Birmingham, B24|
|Bob Payne||Birmingham, B62|
Tutors travelling to B
|Matthew Hardy||East London, E11|
|Daniel Friend||Yoxford, IP17|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Fiona Bassett||Manchester, M16|
|Tom Taffinder BMus DipABRSM||Cardiff, CF10|
|Ray Hart BSc||Bristol, BS4|
|James Harold||London, N7|
|Eliot Darwin||Sheffield, S6|
|Yusuf O. Narcin||London, N4|
|Daniel de Gruchy-Lambert||Glasgow South Side, G41|
|Adam Harvey||Chippenham, SN15|
|Steve Pretty||North London, E8|
|Duncan Morrell||Harrogate, HG3|
|Carla Sabater||London, N22|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, M45|
|Neil Doherty||Southampton, Hants, SO15|
|Christopher Smith||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Andrew Connington||Teddington, TW11|
|Evan Clegg||Lewisham, SE13|
|Gabriel Dias||London, SW16|
|Ed Roberts||Leeds, LS7|
|Laura Jurd||Hither Green, Ldn, SE13|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Trumpet
- Personal Message
- Hi there! My name is Bob and I'm a professional Tuba/Bass Trombone Player and friendly teacher based in Birmingham/Dudley.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all Brass Instruments, from Trumpet to Tuba up to a high level as well as Brass Chamber Music (this being a large proportion of my professional portfolio) as well as Music Theory.
I also teach basic singing to beginners and intermediate level singers who want to learn/solidify basic techniques, boost their confidence and improve general musicianship.
Musicianship skills are also offered as a separate lesson and are a great way to infuse yourself with self confidence.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Bachelor of Music Degree with Honours in Brass Performance from Birmingham Conservatoire, having studied Tuba with Graham Sibley (CBSO), David Gordon Shute (Birmingham Royal Ballet) and Stuart Birnie (ex-CBSO), and Bass Trombone with Bob Hughes (various Orchestras) and David Vines (CBSO).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience teaching most brass instruments to adults and children. I also have coaching experience, taking sectionals in brass bands, as well as doing workshops in primary schools.
My playing experience ranges across the board. My professional work includes ensembles like Hosen Brass, who have featured on Channel 4's Hollyoaks, BBC Radio, Free Radio, ITV, Sky Sports and MCTV as well as performing at many prestigious venues including the Etihad Stadium to audiences of 45000 people. I also have plenty of recital and solo experience. Only last December i performed the European Premier of Barbara York's Concerto for Tuba and Orchestra.
As a student I was Principal Tuba of both City of Birmingham Symphony Youth Orchestra and the National Youth Wind Orchestra of Great Britain,
My other playing experience includes freelance Tuba and Bass Trombone with many local orchestras, brass bands, wind orchestras and brass ensembles including Decibel Contemporary Music Group, Birmingham Symphonia, Birmingham Philharmonic Orchestra, Desford Colliery Band, Birmingham Symphonic Winds and Bard Brass Ensemble.
My singing experience includes various projects as a student performing works such as Handel's 'Creation' and Haydn's 'Zadok the Priest' as well as various Gilbert and Sullivan Operas. Hosen Brass also involves a lot of singing.
- How much do you charge?
- As a Professional Tuba Player and specialist Tuba teacher, I usually charge £30 per hour (or £18 for half an hour) for Tuba lessons.
All other Brass instruments I charge £25 per hour, or £15 per half hour.
Brass Chamber sessions are charged at £30 per hour.
Singing lessons are charged at £20 per hour, or £13 per half hour.
Musicianship lesson are charged at £20 per hour.
Lessons will usually take place at my home in Halesowen. I am willing to travel to a pupils home with the addition of travel expenses. I will usually provide an hour consultation lesson at a discounted price of £10 off on all instruments. Group lessons are available, usually minimum of three pupils costing £10 per hour per pupil.
I also have a variety of instruments to hire, including Trumpet, Trombone (plastic), Tenor Horn and Euphonium.
- Where do you teach?
- Lessons usually take place at my home in Halesowen. If necessary I am willing to travel to a pupils home, but this will incur an extra charge to the pupil to cover travel expenses and time spent travelling.
Areas I am willing to travel to include: North Birmingham (Kingstanding, Sutton Coldfield, Erdington, Great Barr), City Centre, South Birmingham (Harbourne, Selly Park, Selly Oak, Edgbaston) the Black Country (Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Halesowen, West Bromwich).
Coventry, Leamington Spa, Warwick and other surrounding areas can be negotiated.
- When are you available?
- As long as i don't have evening concert bookings i can usually teach the following days and times;
Monday - 8am - 8pm
Tuesday - 8am - 8pm
Wednesday - 8am - 8pm
Thursday - 8am - 8pm
Friday - 8am - 8pm
Saturday - 9am - 2pm
Sunday - 10am - 3pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am willing to teach all ages and all levels of playing, from beginner to advanced players.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am able to prepare students for any grade exams and diplomas including ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall. As a Graduate and orchestral player I can also help prepare students for Music College Auditions, local orchestra auditions or even just helping players prepare parts ready for band rehearsals.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- At present I do not have an up to date DBS Certificate, although I am in the process of acquiring one.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- At present i do not offer online teaching, however I am currently looking into it!
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at Birmingham Conservatoire, having studied Tuba with Graham Sibley (CBSO), David Gordon Shute (Birmingham Royal Ballet) and Stuart Birnie (ex-CBSO), Bass Trombone with Bob Hughes (various Orchestras) and David Vines (CBSO).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students range from 11-53 years of age, learning instruments from Trumpet to Tuba.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music is a wonderful subject, there is nothing like being able to sit in front of hundreds of people and be able to show the world your talents and skills, the feeling of adrenaline thrill as you do what you love. In a lot of professions your acheivements are hidden or given a pat on the back or a certificate and then forgotten again. In music your acheivements are celebrated every time you perform, welcomed with applause from your audience and appreciated, no matter how big or small the amount of spectators, and there is no feeling in the world that makes you feel the same way. It does take a lot of work, but even along the way you are being applauded and appreciated, and the rewards are amazing.
Send a message to Bob Payne
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more